Value of: Carter Hart to Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
I think the Habs can definitely afford at this stage to leverage draft and/or prospects capital on a U25G, and Hart seems like a good buy low candidate for them.

Considering the Flyers don’t have their own 2nd and 3rd round picks this summer, nor their 2nd round pick in 2024, and that Ersson shows a lot of promise, would Philadelphia consider: Hart vs Allen + MTL’s 2023 (high) 2nd + COL’s 2024 2nd as a discussion starter?
Hart a buy low candidate? Why?
His play this season is exactly the same as his career numbers: .906

you buy low on bad contracts, on players on a bad year, not on a 24 yrs old goalie playing his highest number of games (52 as of today)

Oddly enough, many Flyers are having their best-ever year: Konecny 27 goals in 52 games, Tippett (Giroux) 21 goals, Hayes 50+ pts, Frost 14 g, Laughton 17g.

Buy low on Flyers would be Provorov.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'd rather trade for Askarov than Hart. Would Nashville switch first with Montreal giving up Askarov? Preds get 5th pick in draft, Michkov? We get 17th, Honzek

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Now this i agree with. And no i don't want to overpay for Hart.

That's fine. I understand looking purely at the stats sheet isn't the best picture for Hart. You won't see the work he puts in in vain behind this am-dram defence corps. I'm 100% confident that when this rebuild finally bears fruit that if Hart is still here he'll win a Vezina. He just can't do it on his own and i totally get others not paying what it would take to get him.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Maybe pre lottery, but if we're already dealing an elite prospect I can't see us adding a 1st too.
You wouldn't trade Askarov and the 17th for Michkov as it was proposed?
I can understand if it's too much.
I'm just trying to gauge Michkov's value. He was head to head with Bedard till things out of his control happened.
Habs are sitting with that 5th and i don't think he'll get to us.
What's Michkov worth?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
That's fine. I understand looking purely at the stats sheet isn't the best picture for Hart. You won't see the work he puts in in vain behind this am-dram defence corps. I'm 100% confident that when this rebuild finally bears fruit that if Hart is still here he'll win a Vezina. He just can't do it on his own and i totally get others not paying what it would take to get him.
Wish nothing but the best for Hart. I'll say it again. Not willing to OVERPAY which you said it would take.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
You wouldn't trade Askarov and the 17th for Michkov as it was proposed?
I can understand if it's too much.
I'm just trying to gauge Michkov's value. He was head to head with Bedard till things out of his control happened.
Habs are sitting with that 5th and i don't think he'll get to us.
What's Michkov worth?

Askarov is an elite prospect as well, adding a early-mid first on top of him is a lot, it might be worth it to get Michkov, but is Michkov going to be there at 4-5?

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Stock up, nice 29 saves SO. I guess its only Detroit. The guy is streaky. Started season hot, 7 games over .930 his first 8 games, 6 wins 2 ot losses first 8.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I'm a big fan of Hart, especially now that he's preventing the Flyers of getting a better draft position. ;)

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Lottery has taken place?
No, but every Flyers win gets them higher in the standings, reducing their lottery odds and making their pick lower in the likely event they don't win the lottery.

But we both know that you already know that.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Maybe pre lottery, but if we're already dealing an elite prospect I can't see us adding a 1st too.
Askarov is 3 years older and went much later than 5th. Him for 5th not even trade. Your pick is 16th right now. I think it is fair trade. Only reason we doing it is there's a player slated to go late first we high on.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Askarov is 3 years older and went much later than 5th. Him for 5th not even trade. Your pick is 16th right now. I think it is fair trade. Only reason we doing it is there's a player slated to go late first we high on.
Askarov went higher because he's a goalie, he's also one of the most hyped goalies since Price and he's increased his value since being drafted.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Askarov went higher because he's a goalie, he's also one of the most hyped goalies since Price and he's increased his value since being drafted.
No, sounds you to high on him. I can't do that trade.

If Michkov there at 5, would you interested trading up for him? Be good with Askarov.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
I do not see this being a thing.
Need to give up more than Hart might be worth to get him at this point in his career/where Philly is team wise.
Habs wont want to give the asking price. I could see a team closer to the end of the rebuild snagging him (Ottawa). Timing wise from both teams is a couple years off of being a good trade partner. Close. Just a little off, in my opinion of course.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad