Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Jannik Hansen to 4-Year, $10m Extension ($2.5m AAV w/ LNTC)

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Hansen is probably a better even strength player than Kesler. Hopefully those 2 can find some chemistry together, because they're on a crash course to play with one another a lot over the next few years.

Wetcoaster

Lucky Pierre approves of the deal.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 47m
I'd say the Canucks got a real bargain on that Hansen deal

And PITB on the contract negotiations:

Pass it to Bulis ‏@passittobulis 47m
"Hey Jannik, Chris's contract -- do you like it? Because we could just photocopy it, white out Higgy's signature and call it a day."

Wetcoaster

Limited NTC for Hansen:

Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma 32m
Gillis also gave Hansen a limited no-trade clause: "He's in his prime and moving in the right direction and a good, solid player."

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Most homes in Winnipeg have moats by late spring once the Red River over flows.

was going to post this :laugh:

Winnipeg is my off-season home of the sorts too, so maybe I'll go on an adventure to meet THE honey badger next summer. :lol:

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Amazing. I bet Hansen gets some time on all three top lines this year. In the preseason, he looked good with the Sedins for the first time ever, so that probably gets tried when others are struggling, and maybe it sticks.

knoxdown

Apr 3, 2012
This is awesome.

I would love for him to solidify his position on the 2nd which could allow Kassian to develop on the 3rd line this season (IMO that is where he belongs ATM)

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Love the signing, don't like the fact we have another NTC on the team (Gillis really loves the team that can't win a game in the playoffs eh?). Hoping this is the last re-signing for the season.

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
Certainly saved 1 mil/year at least in this signing.

Gillis can't assess talent or make competent trades... but he's one of the best contract negotiating GMs in the league.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
This is an amazing deal for the Canucks. I had him pegged in the $3.5M range. He has all the tools to slide up and down and not miss a beat. Fantastic signing by Gillis.

Soth

Feb 18, 2010
Wow, what a steal. Jannik has the best work ethic in the NHL and he seems to get better every year. Love this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad