Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Jannik Hansen to 4-Year, $10m Extension ($2.5m AAV w/ LNTC)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Now just announce that extension for the Twins and everything is set...

Surprisingly news-packed Saturday evening/Sunday morning. Usually this is the quiet time of the week. :laugh:

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I guess not!

I'm really pleasantly surprised. Great value for Hansen. From where I sit, it also says a lot about his desire to play in Vancouver.

Good guess.

Higgins and Hansen are solid middle 6 players to have for the foreseeable future. Gillis still gets his contracts right.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Hansen signs 4-yr, $10 M deal in Van City. $2.5 M AAV

per Lebrun

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
I guess not!

I'm really pleasantly surprised. Great value for Hansen. From where I sit, it also says a lot about his desire to play in Vancouver.

Wow. What a deal for Hansen. This is akin to Burrows 4 year, $8mil deal.

This is going to look ridiculous as the cap increases dramatically over the next 4 years and Hansen cements himself on the 2nd line.

LovableLinus*

Oh! Excellent! I thought he was going to bolt to Winnipeg in free agency, honestly.

Why would he bolt to Winnipeg? I understand it's more desirable than Vancouver, but still, there are 28 other cities/teams too.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
remind me why players like higgins and probably hansen get NTC's?
this stinks of calgary's situation
Higgins has a limited NTC. They aren't really NTCs - just stops them from getting dumped in Edmonton or Calgary, and even then it didn't stop Heatley from going to Minnesota. Guys with those move all the time.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
remind me why players like higgins and probably hansen get NTC's?
this stinks of calgary's situation
Nothing wrong with giving such a clause to a player that still has upside (and has shown that he can improve). It's hardly like giving it to guys like that have "flat-lined" or on their "downside".

I'm obviously referring to Hansen only (considering this thread is about...Hansen).

Bieksa#3

Mar 2, 2007
He's always taking less money to play in vancouver. Very admirable, you know he's not a greedy guy.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
:amazed:

Great deal. I didn't think there was a chance in hell he signed for under $3 million/year.

Should probably fire his agent because he would have received at least $4 million/year as an UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad