Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Jannik Hansen to 4-Year, $10m Extension ($2.5m AAV w/ LNTC)

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
:amazed:

Great deal. I didn't think there was a chance in hell he signed for under $3 million/year.

Should probably fire his agent because he would have received at least $4 million/year as an UFA.

I'm not particularly happy about the Higgens deal - so this one kind of offsets that one.

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC
Who cares about the NTC. (if there is one) Gillis isn't going to trade away that quality of player with that low of a cap hit anyways.

I understand your point, but this type of statement really bothers me. If there's a really good player out there on the trade market, you have to give something up to acquire that type of player.

If Hansen got a NTC, it's difficult to stomach beacuse it means almost our entire core group will have one. That makes it very difficult to make changes or to upgrade your roster.

That said, I think $10/million over 4 years is excellent value for Hansen, who is an emerging player. I can live with a NTC for that value and this player. I don't like the Higgings contract, but this is a good deal for Hansen

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
:amazed:

Great deal. I didn't think there was a chance in hell he signed for under $3 million/year.

Should probably fire his agent because he would have received at least $4 million/year as an UFA.

I wonder if he got spooked by seeing guys like Raymond coming out of free agency with $1mil? He just got 10 times the money Raymond did and has a similar track record in terms of production...

Hansen emerges as a 2nd line RW this season IMO and never looks back.

Alexistheman

Jun 28, 2007
Surrey
If its a limited NTC, i dont know why people complain. You can still trade these players, and you get them for cheaper than without them.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
Probably more like his agent should dump him. Hansen wanted this... and now his agent is going to have to hold off on putting that extra level on his house. :laugh:
Uh yeah that makes sense, agents should dump clients who sign contracts that involve literally zero work for them.

Gillis: Hey Jannik, how about $2.5M per for three years?
JH: Make it four.
Gillis: Deal.
Agent: I'll take my percentage now.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Hansen emerges as a 2nd line RW this season IMO and never looks back.

He's already produced like a 2nd line RW at ES for several seasons now.

This is a fantastic contract for a player who has gotten better every single year he's been in the league.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Hansen has a limited no trade clause, per Gillis.

Aw shucks, can't send him to Calgary or Edmonton but can send him to Minnesota.

(being sarcastic, I don't think limited NTCs stop any one from getting traded or even stop players from going to a ****** place)

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
He's already produced like a 2nd line RW at ES for several seasons now.

He has, he just hasn't solidified himself as a top 6 forward as of yet. IMO that changes this year under Tortorella. Torts is all about a quick and aggressive forecheck and Hansen could very well be the best on the team in this regard. A team which has some very good forecheckers...

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Uh yeah that makes sense, agents should dump clients who sign contracts that involve literally zero work for them.

Where is your sense of humour this dreary, rainy Sunday morning?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He has, he just hasn't solidified himself as a top 6 forward as of yet. IMO that changes this year under Tortorella. Torts is all about a quick and aggressive forecheck and Hansen could very well be the best on the team in this regard. A team which has some very good forecheckers...

Yup, he's a tailor-made Tortorella player and I expect he'll be an even bigger piece here moving forward.

I consider Hansen to be a better player than David Clarkson, so ....

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
To all those who criticise Gillis for contracts or pull the excuses about Hamhuis and Garrison. To you I say...

Honey-Badger_dont_care_500.png

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Great deal. As it stands this looks like a steal going forward but I feel it could be even better if Hansen takes the next step and starts being viewed as a legit top 6 forward. I think he's going to get an opportunity to prove himself capable of that this year.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario

Heh, this made me think of why it is such a steal.

Gillis: Hey Jannick, how about $2.5 million per for three years?
JH: *signs contract* Waiiittt.... I said $4 million...
Gillis: Sshhhhh Jannick, let's be quiet about this.

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
Looks like a great deal. Really excited to see how he continues to develop under the new coaching staff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad