Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Will they stay or will they go, now?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Would rather we stay the Zito course and move off players at 29/30 that want retirement contracts. Miller should be the only guy other than Pettersson and Hughes that we bend for with the exception of possibly one more front line forward and Lindholm is not that guy

If Allvin does things right with Tocchet Abby and the new development path we should be building for sustained contention not blowing our minds for a couple years and then having to watch Hughes walk and Pettersson play into his later years with a cap mess and little in the pipeline

You have to know when to fold them. There was obviously a lot of stupidity with Nonis' tenure with his crap drafting along with his inability to make some obvious moves. However, he didn't trade the farm or overpay for guys like Brad Richards, Olli Jokinen, Todd White or Sheldon Souray which would have slammed that 2009-2012 contention window shut.

We are in the same sort of situation where we are waiting for some guys in Abbotsford (along with the younger prospects) to make the jump.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Poor iMac - got trotted out to parrot the "good chance the Canucks retain both Lindholm and Zadorov" line, and gets quickly shredded by Milstein/Dhaliwal re: Zadorov, and now looks possible Lindholm walks, too.
pretty sure we are in the negotiate through the media stage and maybe org is leaking fake news out to influence what other teams are planning.

Reactions: CalderSchmalder

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
So to summarize the summaries:

-Canucks are probably moving on from Lindholm
-look to be targeting Guentzel
-mutual interest between Guentzel and the Canucks
-Myers and Blueger are willing to wait while the Canuck sort their stuff out
-not a lot of conversations with upcoming UFAs & RFAs
-trying to trade bad contract (Mikheyev)

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Like what i'm hearing so far

Hronek - Make your decision? Either cost certainty or your gone. Team will not get left holding on to the faint hope he doesn't put a foot on their throats after making them wait through free agency with no way to replace him.

Lindholm - Too much too long too old bad trending....see ya. Way better to hold that money for the right fit than hope and prey you can get him to work on our PP1 and top6 with EP40 or in some other way. Fact is too that Garland drives the bus on that 3rd line and had a coming out party this last season in leadership and confidence. We dont need to spend 15-16 million for a 3rd line when EP40 is playing with a guy who had 1 goal in 60 games. Guentzel would be a way smarter signing even if a couple million more. He's a front line premier scorer and his left handed shot and PP prowess would fit seamlessly into the bumper and with EP40

Zadorov - still think they would like to bring him back but the cost has to be reasonable. Zadorov is a unicorn in the playoffs but allocating huge money and term to LD behind Hughes w/Soucy has to be considered. Dillon also represents a pretty even up swap in regular season effectiveness so your not losing that much. Bigger issues up front are in need of addressing if that's the trade off and it's good to hear they are being mindful

Joshua - While it really sucks to lose a gem we found and shaped plus has the physicality we covet it's entirely possible that Allvin may pivot to Mikhayev in our btm6 at 25-35 pts without further dead cap and a huge raise to Joshua. LW has a bunch of players knocking on the door (Podkolzin/Bains/Raty and if Debrusk or Guentzel become the targets it further complicates the allocation of cap. Hoping they can find common ground as well as punt Mikhayev. Not a lot of talk with this yet mostly because it will require other moves to dictate the direction

Blueger and Myers i think they have understandings with that will become more apparent as the Finals conclude

DeSmith Cole Lafferty are likely gone. Although Cole is an interesting guy and it wouldn't surprise me if he and the team circles back later. He's gonna be a day2 and beyond UFA anyway and has a good relationship with our management team. See what happens

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I can easily see a world where Lindholm gets Klingberg’d. It looks like he is putting all of his eggs in Boston making a big offer? What if they go a different route?

Guess what, I believe it's the same agent.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I'll make up some rumors:

-Allvin is targeting Sidney Crosby and there's a deal on the table pending Guentzel signing here.
-Chris Tanev is going to sign a team friendly deal to return home
-Brock Boeser is not receiving any extension unless he goes bald. Allvin wants to see how committed he is to Tocchet.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Disappointing but understandable regarding Joshua. I still think Greenway or Kostin are okayish replacements (even if some feel Kostin is overpaid). Team will need some PK personnel if both Lindholm and Joshua walk. I've seen Fischer's name a few times - really wanted him last offseason and would be ok with him at ~1M as well.

Reactions: Nick Lang

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
I'll make up some rumors:

-Allvin is targeting Sidney Crosby and there's a deal on the table pending Guentzel signing here.
-Chris Tanev is going to sign a team friendly deal to return home
-Brock Boeser is not receiving any extension unless he goes bald. Allvin wants to see how committed he is to Tocchet.

All 3 are extremely believable, especially the last one.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Hronek:
-some progress with him a while back but it kind of fizzled out
-want to sign him
-has been told the goal is to sign Hronek
-probably going to end up in arbitration

Canuck UFAs:
-there have been talks with Lafferty's agent and more talks are expected; door is not closed on returning
-wouldn't be surprised if the Maple Leafs take a long look at Zadorov and Joshua

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
If they trade Hronek, hopefully we can get a young primed top 6.

Add another top 6 in free agency (hopefully Guentzel) and our forward group has improved.

Dump Mikheyev somehow, and bring Zadorov/Tanev/Dillion/Myers for defence (whoever you can sign)

If we somehow find a 3C - even better

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
The Ducks (Verbeek) have said they want to acquire a right handed top-4 defenseman. They're a team with lots of assets that wants to bring in more support for their burgeoning core group. I could see them being willing to bite the bullet and part with something of real value in order to make that happen. Hronek is still young and if he meshed with their core he'd be a fixture there for many years.

Reactions: Nick Lang

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Dhaliwal has mentioned Dillon's interest, interviewed him and he talked about liking the idea of playing in Vancouver, so there seems to be of a campaign by the player.
Seems like a pretty idea bottom pairing guy who could potentially do decent spot duty up the lineup and play the PK. If he comes at the right price. A very satisfactory Cole replacement?

Reactions: Vector

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
The Ducks (Verbeek) have said they want to acquire a right handed top-4 defenseman. They're a team with lots of assets that wants to bring in more support for their burgeoning core group. I could see them being willing to bite the bullet and part with something of real value in order to make that happen. Hronek is still young and if he meshed with their core he'd be a fixture there for many years.
Jones + Luneau for Hronek.

Jones could be targeted as a potential "Joshua type" replacement in the bottom 6.

Luneau is a RHD prospect who could potentially step into bottom pairing minutes.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

I want Troy Terry.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I want Troy Terry.
No way they give up Terry.

Zegras could likely be had but no way the Nucks want him; especially in Tocchet's system.

There is Vatrano but I doubt there would be a 1-to-1 swap.

Rather focus on a cheap package if mgmt feels like they can sign a couple UFAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad