Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Will they stay or will they go, now?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Fake news, Lindholm is 29 and will be 29 until December and Horavt is 29 until April.

So the Canucks are going to literally Flush assets down the drain and rather than offering a superior player that plays a unique position (RHC) a Horvat-esque contract.

Makes zero sense.

Did they not budget for the cost of resigning him before they liberated him from Cowtown.

Wow things are going to get bleak again if this is true.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I can easily see a world where Lindholm gets Klingberg’d. It looks like he is putting all of his eggs in Boston making a big offer? What if they go a different route?

Reactions: Nick Lang

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Edit: Some news, not so good news I guess.
Lindholm saving them from themselves.

7x8M for Lindholm would be awful.

Glad to hear that Management is not persuaded by sunk cost and are willing to move on. He is 30 years old and is on a steady downward trajectory. It is the type of deal that can slam a window shut and will be regrettable the moment it is signed.
Yep. Good on Allvin not trying to chase this.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I'm glad were not overpaying for Lindholm.

Short term i see the lure and even in a few yrs you would like to angle towards another top6 C for Miller to move to the wing but then you have to ask the question would Lindholm actually still be fast and good enough to be a good fit when him and theoretically Boeser are not fast plus Miller is 33.

It's massively concerning how he's trended in a contract year and with consideration that he's been underpaid his whole career and wanting to hit a home run with free agency im glad it wont be us paying for his legacy contract as he fades.

Trade his rights for Debrusk

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I can easily see a world where Lindholm gets Klingberg’d. It looks like he is putting all of his eggs in Boston making a big offer? What if they go a different route?
Utah could offer him big money. They need a Top 6 C, have money to spend and want to make a splash.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
I can see Mikheyev being traded and Joshua, Zadorov, Lafferty, DeSmith, Cole and Lindholm all leaving.

I imagine Hronek, Myers and Bleuger will be re-signed and Silovs will be the back up.

We would therefore need a top 6 winger; 2 top 9 forwards; a 4th line winger/Podz; a top 4 D and a bottom pairing D.

Guentzel / Marchessault / Reinhart for the top 6 W
don't know about the third line winger
Tanev for top 4 D
don't know about bottom D

Suter Miller Boeser
Hoglander EP Guentzel
? Blueger Garland
Podz Aman PDG
?

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Tanev
Juulsen Myers
?

Demko
Silovs

That seems to be a roughly the same or weaker team than last year, with the obvious exception of Guentzel or the other two. I think they would really need to bolster the D-Corps and bottom 9 forwards somehow.

There is absolutely no way they are rolling all year with Juulsen playing, #1 fulltime, and #2, on the wrong side. Zero in my opinion. We would obviously find a LD, which are easier than RD, to push Juulsen to #7. Soucy Myers should also play together. One of the reasons Myers was a positive last year. Although Soucy Tanev has a nice ring to it.

I think the bottom 9 will be fine as long as our top 2 lines are that strong. This is a more traditional setup where you rely on two lines to do damage, and two lines to mitigate damage, while the bottom lines also provide PK utility and room for your youth to make the team, and progress. Arvidsson would maybe look good on 3LW or/and platooning with Hoglander on 2LW. Can he play LW ... Guentzel could switch to LW?

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
lots of teams will be in on lindholm

i'd be really surprised if he doesn't end up in boston (where it seems like there's a natural fit for him between pastrnak and marchand) but columbus, nashville, utah, seattle, detroit and winnipeg could all use him and have the cap to pay him

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
lots of teams will be in on lindholm

i'd be really surprised if he doesn't end up in boston (where it seems like there's a natural fit for him between pastrnak and marchand) but columbus, nashville, utah, seattle, detroit and winnipeg could all use him and have the cap to pay him

:DD

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Would rather we stay the Zito course and move off players at 29/30 that want retirement contracts. Miller should be the only guy other than Pettersson and Hughes that we bend for with the exception of possibly one more front line forward and Lindholm is not that guy

If Allvin does things right with Tocchet Abby and the new development path we should be building for sustained contention not blowing our minds for a couple years and then having to watch Hughes walk and Pettersson play into his later years with a cap mess and little in the pipeline

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
fyi, even if players walk, the value of futures spent to raise the team's profile before a bumper UFA crop was well worth it.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
My Genesis is 15 years old and I expect it to last a lifetime.
Anyhow, did the BBQ salesman have any juicy rumours to share?

Gaborik might be signing here!
Is that the Shea model?
Yeah, not the Yannick model this time! This one will hopefully outlast Shea's 16 seasons before going on LTIR.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
My new barbeque is coming in today! The most I've ever spent on one....

imageService

Edit: Some news, not so good news I guess.
Trade Lindholm for a pick then use the pick to get Guentzel. Who cares if they don’t sign him at least it's a little good for thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Re: Hronek

I get the distaste for the player and willingness from the fanbase to want to trade him but if you look at how they pressured EP40 to sign i get the feeling this is the same tactic.

Only this time i think they absolutely will if him and his agent don't start getting real about what he should expect as a player to be paid.

The team needs certainty to go to free agency and having a gap of 1-1.5 million in AAV and a positional void with no way to fill it after the dust settles would be a disaster for leverage negotiations the relationship and next season as a whole.

These guys get it. If you truly want to stay and actually care about the organization you have to give management the opportunities to strengthen the team not hold it hostage over the big threat of walking. If that's how you operate then it's best to move on. Hronek is not even in our top tier of core players

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010

I get the distaste for the player and willingness from the fanbase to want to trade him but if you look at how they pressured EP40 to sign i get the feeling this is the same tactic.

Only this time i think they absolutely will if him and his agent don't start getting real about what he should expect as a player to be paid.

The team needs certainty to go to free agency and having a gap of 1-1.5 million in AAV and a positional void with no way to fill it after the dust settles would be a disaster for leverage negotiations the relationship and next season as a whole.

These guys get it. If you truly want to stay and actually care about the organization you have to give management the opportunities to strengthen the team not hold it hostage over the big threat of walking. If that's how you operate then it's best to move on. Hronek is not even in our top tier of core players
Bo Horvat says don't eff around, they'll do it too.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Lindholm:
-when the trade was made, internally they were comfortable with Lindholm being a rental
-took their best shot and it's not going to happen
-getting "no comment" when asking Lindholm's agent if he will go to UFA
-suggests trading Lindholm for a mid-round pick
-names Boston, St. Louis, Columbus, and Carolina as potential suitors

Guentzel:
-believes there is a good shot to get him
-interest from both sides

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

Norris is awarded June 26. Draft is June 28.

If Hughes wins the Norris (which he should), I don't see Hronek and his agent budging from their ask.

So I fully expect Hronek to be traded between the 26-28 (possibly 29).

• Love
Reactions: VanillaCoke

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Misc:
-not expecting anything major until close to the draft
-pressure points matter and haven't got to one yet
-haven't closed the door on any of their UFAs
-doesn't think Canucks will force going after a higher end player
-mentions the possibility of Zucker or Arvidsson

Hronek:
-Canucks don't want to get to arbitration with Hronek
-want to get something done with Hronek by the draft and, if not, that's the perfect time to trade him
-doesn't think they are afraid to move him
-lots of UFA RDs this year and while none fit Hronek's profile, there are several that can play alongside Hughes or Soucy
-front office doesn't want a contract decision to be in someone else's hands (arbitrator)

Lindholm:
-from what he's heard, Lindholm wants to recapture the linemate quality as when he was first with Calgary

Guentzel:
-heard around the trade deadline, Guentzel's preference was Vancouver
-all he heard all along is that if Guentzel is available, the Canucks will be in on him and he's receptive
-not saying they are front runners

Blueger:
-front office likes him a lot
-haven't sign him nor Myers because they are trying to figure out where the big money is being spent
-very good chance he comes back

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Lindholm:
-when the trade was made, internally they were comfortable with Lindholm being a rental
-took their best shot and it's not going to happen
-getting "no comment" when asking Lindholm's agent if he will go to UFA
-suggests trading Lindholm for a mid-round pick
-names Boston, St. Louis, Columbus, and Carolina as potential suitors

Guentzel:
-believes there is a good shot to get him
-interest from both sides

Poor iMac - got trotted out to parrot the "good chance the Canucks retain both Lindholm and Zadorov" line, and gets quickly shredded by Milstein/Dhaliwal re: Zadorov, and now looks possible Lindholm walks, too.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
There is absolutely no way they are rolling all year with Juulsen playing, #1 fulltime, and #2, on the wrong side. Zero in my opinion. We would obviously find a LD, which are easier than RD, to push Juulsen to #7. Soucy Myers should also play together. One of the reasons Myers was a positive last year. Although Soucy Tanev has a nice ring to it.

I think the bottom 9 will be fine as long as our top 2 lines are that strong. This is a more traditional setup where you rely on two lines to do damage, and two lines to mitigate damage, while the bottom lines also provide PK utility and room for your youth to make the team, and progress. Arvidsson would maybe look good on 3LW or/and platooning with Hoglander on 2LW. Can he play LW ... Guentzel could switch to LW?
Agreed about Juulsen. He was just a placeholder in that lineup construction. I think Brendan Dillon is rumoured to be on his way isn't he?

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Tanev
Dillon Myers

In that lineup again you have the top pairing doing all the heavy offensive lifting and the bottom 4 D there for defense and physicality primarily. I would prefer a set up where each pairing had more of a defense/offense mix - Zadorov provides some of that, and Myers can as well in spurts.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Agreed about Juulsen. He was just a placeholder in that lineup construction. I think Brendan Dillon is rumoured to be on his way isn't he?

Dhaliwal has mentioned Dillon's interest, interviewed him and he talked about liking the idea of playing in Vancouver, so there seems to be of a campaign by the player.

Reactions: bossram and ziploc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad