Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Will they stay or will they go, now?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Unlike the fall/winter of 2020, you can rationalize not signing your UFA's and you trust the management group enough to know there's a reason why they aren't bringing some of the guys back (cap reasons, term, cheaper options).

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Why on earth would Pitts do this lol

Well...they traded their 1st to San Jose as part of the Karlsson package. So that's why they initially did it. At this point, they no longer have control over the pick and San Jose could decide that acquiring Hronek and signing him to a big contract is more palatable than chasing someone in free agency,

;)

Reactions: bossram and Bgav

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Why on earth would Pitts do this lol
SJ could do it because they have no puck-moving top 4 defenseman and it is very difficult to get one, especially one with a RHS. Hronek should be worth more than a first and probably more than what we paid for him since he just had his best season.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
SJ could do it because they have no puck-moving top 4 defenseman and it is very difficult to get one, especially one with a RHS. Hronek should be worth more than a first and probably more than what we paid for him since he just had his best season.
I forgot the sharks have the pick but... they are so far from being a playoff team. I cant see them trading a first-rounder. Unless they hire Jim Benning

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Chatfield looked like a career AHLer on the Canucks and literally nobody thought otherwise at the time.
Any chance you have a reference for that comparison because that’s not how I remember it. My memory of Chatfield is that he had great mobility and was a fearless player but could get out of position or cough up the puck too much to be a reliable defender. So definitely not like Tanev on those two key points.
The Tanev comparisons pre-dated his time with the Canucks in the bubble. Canucks' army guys were the ones pushing that narrative:

1718209605198.png

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
I forgot the sharks have the pick but... they are so far from being a playoff team. I cant see them trading a first-rounder. Unless they hire Jim Benning
They still have their own first rounder. They need quality players. Utah could be another option, in that case for their 2nd and 3rd, but Utah already has Durzi so I see it as less of a fit. Is SJS going to draft celebrini and have him play in front of that same defense?

Reactions: Bgav

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

There's some rumblings that they want to upgrade their defence, possibly add a guy who can play on the powerplay, so Celebrini and Smith aren't coming into a total tire fire. If you squint, Hronek fits. Doesn't actually make a lot of sense timeline-wise and they'd probably have to overpay him on his contract.

Reactions: Bgav

Lat

Oct 12, 2005
My new barbeque is coming in today! The most I've ever spent on one....

imageService

Edit: Some news, not so good news I guess.

My Genesis is 15 years old and I expect it to last a lifetime.
Anyhow, did the BBQ salesman have any juicy rumours to share?

WRT to Lindholm, that was a non-issue to me and I had zero expectations of an extension.
The Joshua news is more concerning to me.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Not Canucks related at all really but...it's something. Other than the McDonough trade, no team has done anything of significance.

Reactions: Lindgren

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
There's some rumblings that they want to upgrade their defence, possibly add a guy who can play on the powerplay, so Celebrini and Smith aren't coming into a total tire fire. If you squint, Hronek fits. Doesn't actually make a lot of sense timeline-wise and they'd probably have to overpay him on his contract.

If San Jose wants to upgrade their defense, I bet they could land Jacob Trouba with a significant sweetener. This is the off-season he loses his NMC and I'm sure the Rangers want that cap space back.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
They still have their own first rounder. They need quality players. Utah could be another option, in that case for their 2nd and 3rd, but Utah already has Durzi so I see it as less of a fit. Is SJS going to draft celebrini and have him play in front of that same defense?
There’s a ton of RH dmen in ufa this year - if I were them I would just sign Roy or someone and keep the first

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
If San Jose wants to upgrade their defense, I bet they could land Jacob Trouba with a significant sweetener. This is the off-season he loses his NMC and I'm sure the Rangers want that cap space back.

There are several other options that make a lot more sense. Take on an asset and acquire Torey Krug, if he'll waive, is another example.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Unlike the fall/winter of 2020, you can rationalize not signing your UFA's and you trust the management group enough to know there's a reason why they aren't bringing some of the guys back (cap reasons, term, cheaper options).
I mean, yeah.

If the player is fundamentally not worth the contract, let him go. And then go find other guys who are undervalued. I think Allvin grasps this, and it's good. Very refreshing from the Benning era.

As @StrictlyCommercial said, the difference with Benning and Toffol/Tanev was they asked for and eventually signed very reasonable deals.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
My new barbeque is coming in today! The most I've ever spent on one....

imageService

Edit: Some news, not so good news I guess.
Is that the Shea model?

Lindholm wasn't going to work out. They made an offer and time to move on.

It's also not surprising that there are now rumblings Hronek could be trade before or at the Draft if an extension isn't done. Since I don't expect an extension, seems like he will be dealt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad