Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Will they stay or will they go, now?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I'm intrigued by the Hronek trade possibilities, both in terms of return and cleared cap space. That said, the draft is not a good time to trade warm bodies, and if they did trade him it would not be easy to replace his offensive contributions.
Utah seems like an ideal trading partner. They publicly expressed interest in beefing up their defense, they have plenty of valuable trade assets, and near infinite cap space (to also dump Mikheyev barring his M-NTC).

- Guenther as a cheap, young top 6 RW who could develop into a star
- Bjugstad as a cheapish right handed C/RW for the bottom 6 (assuming Lindholm walks)
- 10 2nd round picks and 7 3rd round picks in the next 3 drafts
- plenty of other young players/prospects

But that would probably require Zadorov locked up and used as a RD and signing a top 4 RD in free agency that won't break the bank (Tanev, Carrier, etc.)

Reactions: ziploc

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
absolutely zero noise around Dylan Demelo anywhere

Think he would be amazing with Hughes

Hell Dillon is getting more noise in rumors.
$16 million for him over 4 wouldnt be bad.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Utah seems like an ideal trading partner. They publicly expressed interest in beefing up their defense, they have plenty of valuable trade assets, and near infinite cap space (to also dump Mikheyev barring his M-NTC).

- Bjugstad as a cheapish right handed C/RW for the bottom 6 (assuming Lindholm walks)

But that would probably require Zadorov locked up and used as a RD and signing a top 4 RD in free agency that won't break the bank (Tanev, Carrier, etc.)
Highly unlikely Guenther is let go in such a trade.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
absolutely zero noise around Dylan Demelo anywhere

Think he would be amazing with Hughes

Hell Dillon is getting more noise in rumors.
$16 million for him over 4 wouldnt be bad.

There was some Pagnotta noise today that the Sharks would go after him. They want to improve their defensive corps.

If the Canucks move on from Hronek, DeMelo would be the perfect replacement. He’s already expertly caddied for Morrissey and would work so well with Hughes. Hell, I’d try to fit him in even with Hronek.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
pitseleh said:
I disagree. If RNH was a magic bullet you would have seen it in the regular season results. By my eyes, he’s been a passenger on a line driven entirely by McDavid and Hyman. You could have any other competent player in his spot and they’d be doing just as well.

He’s also got 1 primary assist and 8 secondary assists, which supports him being a passenger.

A less talented player on that line probably converts less or sets up McDavid to convert less. There is a separation between the ability to convert/make plays (talent) and the ability to drive play that I'm not sure you're weighting fairly here.

Possession =/= Talent.

pitseleh said:
I don’t disagree in principle. But this team is lacking in play drivers - basically Hughes is the only other player on the team that consistently drives play in the right direction. Lindholm has never really been that type of player.

Dumping Garland to get Pettersson help is robbing Peter to pay Paul. Pettersson’s line might go from good to great at ES, and he might get a few more PP points, but the team is going to have trouble constructing a third line that can keep its head above water and be a competitive advantage like it is when Garland is on it.

We can reasonably argue about which scenario leads to a better team, but in either direction I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect more than a marginal benefit. And I don’t think Garland’s skill set is an easy one to replace on a team who needs more players like that, not fewer.

This team is lacking in play driving, talent, foot speed and more... But if a given player has talent, but not play driving ability, is this team really in a position to turn that away? To me, absolutely not. Example: Are we side-eyeing Guentzel or thanking our lucky stars that he signs here? (if it happens)

I actually agree that it is robbing the 3rd line to get Pettersson going, but getting Pettersson going is of the utmost priority. Whatever it takes. And the benefits to which wouldn't be marginally in favour of that line... It would resolve the biggest roster concern on the team, both in terms of possession and production. How much more does Pettersson score? He was on a 112 point pace with little help. Guentzel paced 94 points, the best of which came with non-Generational Talent Sebastian Aho. It would be a significant production spike at the very least.

Replacing Garland would be difficult too, but ultimately, a secondary concern. The primary concern is Pettersson.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chiripa20

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I listened to Canucks Central. They had Irfan Gaffer on and…I’m going to try and be nice…has he ever got anything right? Friedman, Seravalli, Dreger, LeBrun, Johnston, and Dhaliwal have all had something about the Canucks right so there’s some degree of intrigue. Gaffas speaks as if he knows things and just always seems to be consistently wrong.

I really don’t want to waste my time recapping interviews with him.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I listened to Canucks Central. They had Irfan Gaffer on and…I’m going to try and be nice…has he ever got anything right? Friedman, Seravalli, Dreger, LeBrun, Johnston, and Dhaliwal have all had something about the Canucks right so there’s some degree of intrigue. Gaffas speaks as if he knows things and just always seems to be consistently wrong.

I think, while the more well known media have connects to stuff, from top to bottom, alot of them are probably getting force fed a ton of bs mixed in, where alot of them do this read btwn the lines, and of their own opinions on the source matter spoken.

The good insiders know what to publish or what to hold their tongue a bit on, while the newer, not as seasoned ones, just spew everything. This is probably one of those cases. Alternatively you have someone like Dhaliwal, that seems to make it a case to be the media in town that is used for the purpose of negotiations, lol. I find him just as annoying.

Reactions: Vector

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
It's more the question of replacing that quality of minutes (19+) in the playoffs. Maybe Pettersson rebounds and it isn't an issue, but those guys were pretty much equal in minutes played and Lindholm took tougher minutes. The forward market is pretty barren this year outside of Guentzel and Reinhart (who I don't think we're getting).

I can see why management is pursuing Lindholm, I really do not think they even get his quality in those minutes with anyone out of UFA, especially over a full season assuming his level of play in the playoffs was representative of what he'd provide moving forward. Given they don't want to give up the top two prospects, I also think their prospects of acquiring someone through trade to provide that quality is grim.

They are basically fighting a battle to try not to take a step back in the regular season next year, which is going to be a very tough task if all these UFAs walk outside of Myers. Free agency is not going to provide the answers, and they don't have much trade currency.

Real beacon of positivity here folks.

Maybe Pettersson rebounds? He’s 25 with 412 points in 407 games. Maybe he rebounds…….maybe? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Real beacon of positivity here folks.

Maybe Pettersson rebounds? He’s 25 with 412 points in 407 games. Maybe he rebounds…….maybe? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Are you actually assuming he's going to be back to 100+ points with Hoglander and Mikheyev riding shotgun?

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Are you actually assuming he's going to be back to 100+ points with Hoglander and Mikheyev riding shotgun?
I'm assuming his training in Bali will add 20lbs of core muscle and a thicker neck so he will never be bullied again. Elias St. Louis Pettersson incoming 24-25

• Haha
Reactions: Chiripa20

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023

Utah isn’t trading Guenther. Give your mullet a shake.

Crouse would be a more realistic piece in a potential Hronek deal. Yes they have some picks , but Guenther isn’t on the table for FH.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Necas and Guentzel have basically the same player cards, except Guentzel is good on the PP and Necas is terrible.

Should be all you need to know about the validity of these dumb cards and jfresh charts.

MLB stats are legit.
Hockey stats are in their infancy and largely worthless except for general trends.

I definitely don't think the Necas interest has died down at all within our actual management team.
If he only wants rumored ~seven mil no reason not to try and get both.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I don’t know who his linemates will be. Do you? Are you actually assuming Hoglander and Mikheyev will be his linemates next year? I didn’t throw a number in the board. Perhaps he gets 85-95 points and continues to evolve his all around game.

The chicken littles are adorable in their own way. After years of a garbage fire, they don’t seem capable of having a bit of optimism, or a c- hair of positivity regarding the team. Let’s see how things play out regarding the upcoming season.

Not many moves are ever announced during the finals. Yet there’s folks having tantrums that signings or trades haven’t been announced. It’s fun to watch. 🍿

Should be all you need to know about the validity of these dumb cards and jfresh charts.

MLB stats are legit.
Hockey stats are in their infancy and largely worthless except for general trends.

I definitely don't think the Necas interest has died down at all within our actual management team.
If he only wants rumored ~seven mil no reason not to try and get both.
Hockey is too fluid and fast moving compared to MLB. They can be in their infancy…. It doesn’t matter. There’s way too much noise.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Featuring Satiar Shah & Irfaan Gaffar

Timestamp - 0:23:10

-Guentzel still prefers to stay in the USA (Gaffar)
-if they can't sign Lindholm, they want to add a big time piece (Shah)
-Canucks don't want to go above 7m or offer Lindholm an 8th year (Gaffar)
-can't imagine a situation where Reinhart isn't a Panther (Gaffar)
-thinks the market for Lindholm is 7.5-8m (Gaffar)
-no secret Bruins are linked to Lindholm (Gaffar)
-Canucks have definitely told the Lindholm camp where they stand and the Lindholm cap has recipricated (Gaffar)
-sounds like Joshua is going to free agency (Gaffar)
-doesn't seem sure if the Canucks have made or will make Joshua an offer (Gaffar)
-should watch if the Canucks don't go out and land Guentzel, they may go after an RFA winger (Gaffar)
-do they have their eye on someone, that's an RFA, that are willing to give up an asset for (Gaffar)
-checked in this morning and hadn't heard anything between the Canucks and Hronek (Gaffar)
-Hronek said "no" to 52-54m earlier in the season (Gaffar)
-haven't got to the Canucks pressure point on Hronek (Shah)
-won't guarantee that by the draft he'll be traded if he doesn't sign but there's a really good chance a trade happens at the draft if Hronek doesn't sign an extension (Shah)
-not sure if they haven't talked at all or are working behind the scenes with Hronek (Gaffar)

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

I'd often give my head a shake when he performed intermission interviews, often fumbling and mixing his words.

Glad that's over.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Irf was quite meh when it came to the Pettersson 'will he sign,' coverage.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I don’t know who his linemates will be. Do you? Are you actually assuming Hoglander and Mikheyev will be his linemates next year? I didn’t throw a number in the board. Perhaps he gets 85-95 points and continues to evolve his all around game.

The chicken littles are adorable in their own way. After years of a garbage fire, they don’t seem capable of having a bit of optimism, or a c- hair of positivity regarding the team. Let’s see how things play out regarding the upcoming season.

Not many moves are ever announced during the finals. Yet there’s folks having tantrums that signings or trades haven’t been announced. It’s fun to watch. 🍿

If you don't know, then "maybe he rebounds" next year is a fair statement. It's not positive or negative, it just is.

I do expect an upgrade on Mikheyev, but without knowing, I wouldn't be bullish either way.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Not even making Joshua an offer would be ridiculous
Why exactly would it be ridiculous? I’d assume Allvin is privy to what Joshua and his agent have valued him at??

This place is going to be a riot when a lot of the UFA’s move on. There’s a certain amount of cap space….. that’s it. And no there is no cap crunch or tiny window like the rubber pants brigade would have everyone believe. The OEL poison pill will taste a bit shittier for the next few years. Make a few better decisions on the roster and this can still be a quality team for many years. These people saying it’s a one or two window are pinheads. Can it all fall apart? Of course it can. It’s up to management to bring back a solid team. Most teams have cap issues and good organizations sort them out. Look no further than Florida.

Sorry if you feel this is a rant on you Poster Hansen but it’s a bit nauseating to read a lot of the urine crew’s posts regarding the sky falling.

Salut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad