Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Will they stay or will they go, now?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

Featuring Satiar Shah & Irfaan Gaffar

Timestamp - 0:23:10

-Guentzel still prefers to stay in the USA (Gaffar)
-if they can't sign Lindholm, they want to add a big time piece (Shah)
-Canucks don't want to go above 7m or offer Lindholm an 8th year (Gaffar)
-can't imagine a situation where Reinhart isn't a Panther (Gaffar)
-thinks the market for Lindholm is 7.5-8m (Gaffar)
-no secret Bruins are linked to Lindholm (Gaffar)
-Canucks have definitely told the Lindholm camp where they stand and the Lindholm cap has recipricated (Gaffar)
-sounds like Joshua is going to free agency (Gaffar)
-doesn't seem sure if the Canucks have made or will make Joshua an offer (Gaffar)
-should watch if the Canucks don't go out and land Guentzel, they may go after an RFA winger (Gaffar)
-do they have their eye on someone, that's an RFA, that are willing to give up an asset for (Gaffar)
-checked in this morning and hadn't heard anything between the Canucks and Hronek (Gaffar)
-Hronek said "no" to 52-54m earlier in the season (Gaffar)
-haven't got to the Canucks pressure point on Hronek (Shah)
-won't guarantee that by the draft he'll be traded if he doesn't sign but there's a really good chance a trade happens at the draft if Hronek doesn't sign an extension (Shah)
-not sure if they haven't talked at all or are working behind the scenes with Hronek (Gaffar)

I think most of this has been corroborated by other sources, so Irf isn't going out on a limb here.

I suppose Joshua for sure going to FA is the new intel?

Irf is about as connected as Paterson is, FWIW.

rea

Feb 8, 2011

Featuring Satiar Shah & Irfaan Gaffar

Timestamp - 0:23:10

-Guentzel still prefers to stay in the USA (Gaffar)
-if they can't sign Lindholm, they want to add a big time piece (Shah)
-Canucks don't want to go above 7m or offer Lindholm an 8th year (Gaffar)
-can't imagine a situation where Reinhart isn't a Panther (Gaffar)
-thinks the market for Lindholm is 7.5-8m (Gaffar)
-no secret Bruins are linked to Lindholm (Gaffar)
-Canucks have definitely told the Lindholm camp where they stand and the Lindholm cap has recipricated (Gaffar)
-sounds like Joshua is going to free agency (Gaffar)
-doesn't seem sure if the Canucks have made or will make Joshua an offer (Gaffar)
-should watch if the Canucks don't go out and land Guentzel, they may go after an RFA winger (Gaffar)
-do they have their eye on someone, that's an RFA, that are willing to give up an asset for (Gaffar)
-checked in this morning and hadn't heard anything between the Canucks and Hronek (Gaffar)
-Hronek said "no" to 52-54m earlier in the season (Gaffar)
-haven't got to the Canucks pressure point on Hronek (Shah)
-won't guarantee that by the draft he'll be traded if he doesn't sign but there's a really good chance a trade happens at the draft if Hronek doesn't sign an extension (Shah)
-not sure if they haven't talked at all or are working behind the scenes with Hronek (Gaffar)

Lol they need to group these guys and Dhaliwal in a podcast together where they call each other out on their info's haha. "No guentzel don't wanna come to Canada" "guentzel has no damn problem with it!" 😂

Also appreciate the legwork @Vector. I hate listening thru shit

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I think most of this has been corroborated by other sources, so Irf isn't going out on a limb here.

I suppose Joshua for sure going to FA is the new intel?

Irf is about as connected as Paterson is, FWIW.

About the bolded, that's the thing with him that bugs me. Paterson doesn't present himself as an insider at all and Irf does. I don't doubt that Irf has heard things but they are usually pretty banal or don't come to fruition.

It wasn't even he was sure if Joshua was going to free agency. He hasn't heard if the Canucks have or are going to make an offer and then extrapolated that to him going to free agency. There's a little less than three weeks until then so it's still early to make that claim.

Reactions: Bgav

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
I know it might seem odd when trying to figure out what direction Alvin and Rutherford etc might pivot towards this off-season but I think you have to remember past messages.

Alvin stated they need to find the next Joshua... This was Joshua's pinnacle season after he was called out by Tocchet and sat early in the season. He literally doubled his output in a contract season only after getting his ass benched and berated early in the season. The times he has done this are exactly ONE...this season. Player is highly suspect as being a 1 and done player...might never see this version of him again.

Sedins when they were first hired were asked 'how do you build a successful roster", there response was, you have to have the majority of your players outperforming their contracts

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
The chicken littles are adorable in their own way. After years of a garbage fire, they don’t seem capable of having a bit of optimism, or a c- hair of positivity regarding the team. Let’s see how things play out regarding the upcoming season.

Not many moves are ever announced during the finals. Yet there’s folks having tantrums that signings or trades haven’t been announced. It’s fun to watch. 🍿
Why exactly would it be ridiculous? I’d assume Allvin is privy to what Joshua and his agent have valued him at??

This place is going to be a riot when a lot of the UFA’s move on. There’s a certain amount of cap space….. that’s it. And no there is no cap crunch or tiny window like the rubber pants brigade would have everyone believe. The OEL poison pill will taste a bit shittier for the next few years. Make a few better decisions on the roster and this can still be a quality team for many years. These people saying it’s a one or two window are pinheads. Can it all fall apart? Of course it can. It’s up to management to bring back a solid team. Most teams have cap issues and good organizations sort them out. Look no further than Florida.

Sorry if you feel this is a rant on you Poster Hansen but it’s a bit nauseating to read a lot of the urine crew’s posts regarding the sky falling.

Salut.
Ah yes, no one's allowed to have any concerns or criticism or differing opinions. We all have to be 100% positive. JR and Allvin are infallible hockey gods. GMs never make mistakes. :thumbu:

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Ah yes, no one's allowed to have any concerns or criticism or differing opinions. We all have to be 100% positive. JR and Allvin are infallible hockey gods. GMs never make mistakes. :thumbu:
You don't think that's a bit of a strawman response?

So bascially they are pulling an Elmer.

They will regret it if they let Lindholm walk because they won't go to 7.5M or give him 8 years to make the total comp work.

I thought the dark days were over.
What's your dream roster look like?

I'm guessing it's Lindholm making 12 million as first line center.

Lafreniere as the second line center. How else would you fill it out?

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
i am excited to see something different. this team was fun but i wasn't in love with it. It wasn't quite good enough and it's just going to become more expensive. trying to keep it together is dumb and foolish, the only way to go is completely rethink it.

even if everyone walks, the resources spent to build that team raised its profile and put them in a position to recruit. Players want to win in front of that crowd, play for that coach, live in this city. It's an exciting free agent class and the canucks have a lot of cap space, can make more, and have a warchest of playoff revenue to front load some contracts with.

i'm pumped.

Feb 19, 2018
Where is the Tanev to Vancouver rumors? This seems like a forgone conclusion that he’s coming back with the request of Hughes and him requesting a trade here last deadline. Zadorov money is going there for less money and term and he will anchor another pairing. At this point we should just build from the net out and surround him with the best defence in the league. Go all in on Zadorov, Tanev, Hronek, Hughes, Soucy and another piece. Build up Lekkerimaki’s game to be the long term fit for Petey and slowly add Willander into the mix above.

Start building the top 6 next year and promote guys like Garland up there this year. Not a bad idea to build around a top 3-5 goalie in the world as defence wins championships.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Where is the Tanev to Vancouver rumors? This seems like a forgone conclusion that he’s coming back with the request of Hughes and him requesting a trade here last deadline. Zadorov money is going there for less money and term and he will anchor another pairing. At this point we should just build from the net out and surround him with the best defence in the league. Go all in on Zadorov, Tanev, Hronek, Hughes, Soucy and another piece. Build up Lekkerimaki’s game to be the long term fit for Petey and slowly add Willander into the mix above.

Start building the top 6 next year and promote guys like Garland up there this year. Not a bad idea to build around a top 3-5 goalie in the world as defence wins championships.
whose putting the puck in the net then? suter? mikheyev? no thanks. besides miller/boeser

Reactions: Chiripa20

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I think Lindholm is a better hockey fit for us than Guentzel as a right handed center who can play up and down the lineup, play on the top unit of PP and PK and likely be a cheaper contract. Guentzel's injury history is a concern on an expensive long term deal.
rather have someone who can score goals in critical moments than a shutdown center tbh. those guys can be find via trades later in the season. petey needs a partner in crime. hes already had two guys stapled to his line for 2 years. kuzmenko before being traded and mikheyev/lafftery

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
That's pretty wild. Chatfield got his cup of Canucks coffee in the disastrous 'empty arena' season that followed the false optimism of the bubble playoffs. If ever there was an occasion for the organization to have time for projects, that was it.

To be fair, during his brief sojourn in Vancouver Chatfield was much closer to Juulsen than Tanev. However his foot speed always stood out and he developed tremendously since we saw him with the Canucks.
i remember when chatfield was a canuck he was compared to chris tanev but better skater more physical than chris. can block shots.

Feb 19, 2018
whose putting the puck in the net then? suter? mikheyev? no thanks. besides miller/boeser
I understand that and that’s where the trade deadline comes into play. If you are letting in 1 or 2 goals a game and keeping teams to 20 shots or less you should be able to win a ton of games until you can add at the deadline.

After Reinhart, Lindholm and Guentzel who are the other best options? Marssasault is out there but not many names that are going to put you over the top in order to help out the top 6 in this UFA class. The strength of this offseason is on Defence and that’s what the structure of Tocchet’s system relies on, especially in the playoffs.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
We can't acrue cap space for the deadline without operating below the cap including Poolman. That's the issue with the top6 deadline theory

Reactions: racerjoe

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

Are we that much better paying Zadorov Tanev 10m per vs Dillon Myers 6m and a 4 million dollar forward is the question

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
people making up all sorts of reasons to justify spending too much on their fan favorites will never make me not laugh

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
i remember when chatfield was a canuck he was compared to chris tanev but better skater more physical than chris. can block shots.
Any chance you have a reference for that comparison because that’s not how I remember it. My memory of Chatfield is that he had great mobility and was a fearless player but could get out of position or cough up the puck too much to be a reliable defender. So definitely not like Tanev on those two key points.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Any chance you have a reference for that comparison because that’s not how I remember it. My memory of Chatfield is that he had great mobility and was a fearless player but could get out of position or cough up the puck too much to be a reliable defender. So definitely not like Tanev on those two key points.
Chatfield looked like a career AHLer on the Canucks and literally nobody thought otherwise at the time.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
You don't think that's a bit of a strawman response?

What's your dream roster look like?

I'm guessing it's Lindholm making 12 million as first line center.

Lafreniere as the second line center. How else would you fill it out?
You are funny.

How much do Mikheyev and Sutter make together?

How much is Blueger asking for if they resign him?

How much is Lindholm actually asking for?

Which would you rather have?

Math is not your strong suit nor is team building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad