Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Let the negotiations through the media begin!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Remember when CBJ signed Nathan Horton to that massive contract without getting it insured lol. Let the Leafs get out from under Clarkson. Both those guys were under contract until 2020.

That was the only other example of uninsured contracts that got traded that I could think of.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Close on Myers (also an unsubstantiated rumour they are close on Zadorov):

1717168357564.png

Last edited:

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
IMO, you would think if Carolina were going to sign him—it would’ve happened by now.

It's not even June yet. Don't they have lots of time or are these guys talking to other teams already? Are they allowed to have informal chats with players heading to UFA or what's the rule on that again nowadays?

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Close on Myers (also an unsubstantiated rumour they are close one Zadorov):

View attachment 877870
I'm okay with Myers in a tweener 4/5 role at this point of his career. He earned another contract with his play down the stretch and into the playoffs. Issue is, he might be pushed up the lineup due to total lack of RHD on our team.

You do hope it's 2 years. He's turning 35 next season and will probably start losing his mobility, and doesn't have the IQ to compensate for that.

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
A Kings fan has proposed a Fiala trade on the main boards.

I haven’t watched him play much, but he is over a PPG in 2/3 of the last 3 seasons. Would you guys do Lekkerimaki + as a base? We probably get outbid though.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
A Kings fan has proposed a Fiala trade on the main boards.

I haven’t watched him play much, but he is over a PPG in 2/3 of the last 3 seasons. Would you guys do Lekkerimaki + as a base? We probably get outbid though.

I like Fiala but don't know how much appetite I have for moving Lekkerimaki. If we could toss Mikheyev in there too, I'd definitely have to consider it.

Reactions: Frankie Blueberries

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Boeser for Ehlers, Mikheyev and Hoglander for Necas. Let’s get fast.

Boeser for Ehlers is a big downgrade. Boeser had 40 goals, played excellent 2-way hockey, was incredible in the playoffs.

Boeser plays heavy, wins board battles, not afraid to get to the dirty areas, solid 2-way.

Ehlers plays too much on the perimeter, has a tough time winning board battles and maintaining possession, needs big strong line mates to be effective.

Regular Season:

Ehlers 6’0 171
GP: 82 G:25 P:61

Boeser 6’1 208
GP: 81 G:40 P:73

Playoffs:

Boeser
GP:12 G:7 A:5 P:12 +2

Ehlers:
GP:5 G:0 A:2 P:2 -4

Last edited:

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
Boeser for Ehlers is a big downgrade. Boeser had 40 goals, played excellent 2-way hockey, was incredible in the playoffs.
100%. Boeser is also in a contract year which, while being a double edged sword for us, likely means he has a big year production wise. It’ll probably be his last big contract.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
100%. Boeser is also in a contract year which, while being a double edged sword for us, likely means he has a big year production wise. It’ll probably be his last big contract.

Boeser has really rounded out his game nicely over the past couple seasons, he’s become an excellent 2-way winger, shuts down top lines now, plays in the last minute defending a lead and in the last minute trying to get a tying goal. Miller looked ineffective without him in game 7 as did the power play. Boeser plays hard and heavy, wins board battles, so many intangibles to his game, not just a 40 goal scorer.

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
I tried making a best American born Canucks team. The forward depth is…not great. Let me know if I forgot anyone.

Curt Fraser - Miller - Boeser

Higgins - Kesler - Garland

Booth - Bonino - Klatt

Joshua - Dowd - O’Flaherty

Brashear, Lafferty

Hughes - Hedican

Cole - Schmidt

Ballard - Schneider

Carney

Demko

Miller

Schneider

@bossram - Garland is a top 6 forward ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chiripa20

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I tried making a best American born Canucks team. The forward depth is…not great. Let me know if I forgot anyone.

Booth - Bonino - Klatt

Brashear - Dowd - Lafferty

Park

Hughes - Myers

Cole - Hedican

Schneider - Schmidt

Carney

Demko

Miller

Schneider

Gerry O'Flaherty
Scott Lachance

Dave Capuano?

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
yeah, i'd have little interest in Ehlers generally, and absolutely not interest in swapping him for Boeser. The only guys I'd look at as a swap for Boeser would be Marner, or if Reinhart is not staying in Florida and wants to come home (not sure why he would). the later would be a move for futures just to free up cap space or a positional swap (like Adam Larsson for Boeser)

that last one is interesting from a cap/upgrade perspective

Suter-Miller-Reinhart (11.5)
Hoglander-Pettersson-Arvidson(4.5)
Joshua(3)-Blueger(2.2)-Garland
PDG-Aman-Podkolzin
Karlsson (.85)

$51.9MM

Hughes Larsson
Soucy Myers (2.75)
Dillon (2.75) chatfield (3.5)
julssen

$24.875MM

demko 5
silovs 1

$6MM

Total: $82.775
OEL 2.35

Grand Total: $85.125 (which i believe leaves us space to LTIR Poolman after the season starts

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Booth - Bonino - Klatt

Brashear - Dowd - Lafferty

Park

Hughes - Myers

Cole - Hedican

Schneider - Schmidt

Carney

Demko

Miller

Schneider

Gerry O'Flaherty
Scott Lachance

Dave Capuano?

Forwards:
Dakota Joshua
Brian Noonan
Sheldon Dries
Tim Schaller
Brandon Sutter
Jere Gillis
Tom Fergus

Defencemen:
Andrew Alberts
Keith Ballard
Matt Bartkowski
Ian Cole
Tracy Pratt
Ab Demarco

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Forwards:
Dakota Joshua
Brian Noonan
Sheldon Dries
Tim Schaller
Brandon Sutter
Jere Gillis
Tom Fergus

Defencemen:
Andrew Alberts
Keith Ballard
Matt Bartkowski
Ian Cole
Tracy Pratt
Ab Demarco

Sutter and Gillis played for Canada internationally so I wouldn't count them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad