Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Let the negotiations through the media begin!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Lol, I'm more likely to believe Imac's report now.

Maybe Zadarov is about to fire Milstein like Kuzmenko did lol. Wouldn't be too hard to hammer something out over a coffee given he'll be based in Vancouver until he knows where he's playing next season. Guy does not feel its safe for him and his family to return to Russia.

Anyways, the real thing going to be lost between the Zadarov war of the words right now is the Lindholm traction Imac is reporting. I still think he's Vancouver's most important UFA and given the acquisition cost i'd be more loath to lose him.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Lol, I'm more likely to believe Imac's report now.

Maybe Zadarov is about to fire Milstein like Kuzmenko did lol. Wouldn't be too hard to hammer something out over a coffee given he'll be based in Vancouver until he knows where he's playing next season. Guy does not feel its safe for him and his family to return to Russia.

Anyways, the real thing going to be lost between the Zadarov war of the words right now is the Lindholm traction Imac is reporting. I still think he's Vancouver's most important UFA and given the acquisition cost i'd be more loath to lose him.

Zadorov lives in Miami in the off-season.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I’m choosing to believe that the Canucks are working both Lindholm and Zadorov to take an AAV discount in exchange for term.

The risk of a drop-off for either is real—but the scarcity of both RH centers and large physical defensemen, along with the increase in cap, and likelihood of expansion, means that the risk of being stuck holding the bag isn’t a certainty.

As long as they are smart with how they hand out NTCs and NMCs…

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
oooh. Interesting. he's in town right now - or was until very recently - as evidenced by his golfing with murph.

Earlier up someone posted a screenshot from his wife's Instagram account saying it's their last day in Vancouver. They've live in Miami according to some interviews. With his kid in grade 1, he probably sticks around like Miller did, until closer to the end of the school year.

Reactions: Wisp

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Free agency will be interesting. Because I think that, on paper, we are going to end up being a worse team to start the year. And in fact, we may just end up being worse all together.

What it is going to come down to is pro-scouting. We need to pull some rabbits out of some hats. We need some Suter, Bleuger and Joshua type signings. The "big" UFA signings, like a Guentzel, Zadorov, Lindholm, etc., aren't going to provide tremendous value or anything, you just hope they come in and play to their cap hits.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Kuzmenko fired him recently, and Mikheyev is looking like the next trade or buyout. Looks like Milstein is losing his Canucks AGM spot…
Yeah fool me once... And he's fooled us twice now.

Rutherford is treading careful in the Milstein minefield

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Free agency will be interesting. Because I think that, on paper, we are going to end up being a worse team to start the year. And in fact, we may just end up being worse all together.

What it is going to come down to is pro-scouting. We need to pull some rabbits out of some hats. We need some Suter, Bleuger and Joshua type signings. The "big" UFA signings, like a Guentzel, Zadorov, Lindholm, etc., aren't going to provide tremendous value or anything, you just hope they come in and play to their cap hits.

they did a good job finding reasonable in-season deals to plug holes last season. i hope they take the same approach this season and show some restraint in free agency. they don't need to spend every dollar and trade every asset in june/july

Reactions: Lindgren

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
If they have any chance of signing them it's because of term. They can both get high aav from non playoff teams or in lindholms case Boston.
Canucks either go all in or waste deals on demko, Hughes contracts and last of miller's prime.
You have to pay the 2nd+ to deal mik
You can deal one of podz/hoglander. If you have to deal one of lekkermaki/willander you keep the dman

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
assume imac is a journalist and has a source. consider why milstein is shutting him down.

agents want to sit tight and play a rising cap market even if their players have told them to re-sign. they are going to play hard to get.

canuck brain trust expect that and are not in a good position to force things before playoffs end and while asking for a team friendly deal.

players are the ones with urgency trying to close deals now on teammates before they leave town

ergo, perhaps imac is reporting based on fact team mates think these guys intend to come back. maybe just murph's gut feeling after a round of golf.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
One thing to note is alot of teams have free agents remaining that they haven't signed either. Feels like we are waiting for the flood gates to open.
It’s also early June with a whole month ahead of us. I’ll take the media proxy rumblings with a grain of salt (it’s entertaining though)

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Maybe they are going to run out of time on Zadorov, Lindholm, and Joshua so they can bring back Markstrom, Tanev and Toffoli so we can relive the nightmare again.

• Haha

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Im ok with bringing back the band as long as they are confident that Lekkerimaki Willander Raty Pod Bains Silovs etc can actually provide the next wave of support. Because if 1-2yrs were still looking for a play driver top end D and top6 forward or Lindholm Zadorov Joshua have cratered were screwed

Reactions: BimJenning

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Kuzmenko fired him recently, and Mikheyev is looking like the next trade or buyout. Looks like Milstein is losing his Canucks AGM spot…
He already has imo. I'm not sure the Canucks are even the team with the most Milstein clients anymore.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
I would go 5.5 x 5 will Zadorov. Brings a lot to the table. Maybe years 4 and 5 drop off but likely the cap has gone up 10-20 million by then.

Lindholm is the guy you have to keep. You gave up so much to get him. He’s an elite faceoff and pk guy. Problem is he almost got run out of town before the playoffs started. Does he really want o play in a city like that?

Not sure

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I would go 5.5 x 5 will Zadorov. Brings a lot to the table. Maybe years 4 and 5 drop off but likely the cap has gone up 10-20 million by then.

Lindholm is the guy you have to keep. You gave up so much to get him. He’s an elite faceoff and pk guy. Problem is he almost got run out of town before the playoffs started. Does he really want o play in a city like that?

Not sure
My problem with Lindholm is that for 7-8m per year we need dynamic offense more than anything, and while he was very effective once he returned from injury, he still did not really produce enough offense imo to be paid over 7m long term.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanuckCity

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
My problem with Lindholm is that for 7-8m per year we need dynamic offense more than anything, and whole he was very effective once he returned from injury, he still did not really produce enough offense imo to be paid over 7m long term.

Combined with his defensive prowess, I am very happy allotting him 7 million. Zadorov's rumoured offer is already above what my final offer would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad