Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Let the negotiations through the media begin!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Oh man, I don’t like the theoretical contracts for either of those guys.

I can see the reasoning though, they are both scarcity plays in terms of position and profile. More so in terms of Lindholm, but Zadorov is also pretty unique.

They will likely not be able to replace either guy in free agency or through trade. Everyone else is probably a better bet to be replaced by something cheaper on a cap basis. Even with Hronek, if you can get one of the right-side free agents you are downgrading, but can still get a guy capable of playing 18-20 mins, and then you just go for more depth.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I’m so confused by the Necas rumors from the media.

On one hand you have folks like Seravalli saying that Carolina is looking for picks and prospects—and on another hand you have folks like Marek/Friedman suggesting that Carolina don’t want futures for Necas.

The easy answer to the discrepancy is they are talking to different sources from different teams. Pagnotta said that the Hurricanes are telling some teams to wait while others have had more active talks. This all seems in line with the Hurricanes MO.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
With the reports that Canucks players have been lobbying Lindholm to stay, and Zadorov being courted by Miller and Dan Murphy…

I wouldn’t be shocked if behind the scenes, some veterans have approached Allvin and Rutherford to stay they don’t want a rehash of the 2020 bubble - where the team felt like they were finally there, had added a good piece (Toffoli) and then watched a whole lot of core pieces and leadership walk in free agency.

I think guys like Miller, Hughes, Petey and Boeser could likely point to that and say “hey, we don’t want to step back again - and we really liked Lindholm and Zadorov and what they brought”.

Just a thought.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Almost none of these guys make their off season homes in Vancouver - and iMac pointed out just the other day that Zadorov’s off season home is in Miami.
School is ending and I’d expect the dads who are still here with kids in school like Miller to leave too.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I don't know a single player that spends the summer in Vancouver. Even Myers goes back to the Okanagan. Sedins went back to Sweden every summer and Horvat to Ontario, for example. As gorgeous as Vancouver is in the summer, these people have family and connections elsewhere.

Specifically for Zadorov, his son is only in grade 1 and his daughter isn't even in kindergarten yet. Pulling the kid out of school two weeks early isn't a big deal.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I don't know a single player that spends the summer in Vancouver. Even Myers goes back to the Okanagan. Sedins went back to Sweden every summer and Horvat to Ontario, for example. As gorgeous as Vancouver is in the summer, these people have family and connections elsewhere.

Specifically for Zadorov, his son is only in grade 1 and his daughter isn't even in kindergarten yet. Pulling the kid out of school two weeks early isn't a big deal.
Once the season finishes, Myers has to go back to Okanagan Lake to take up his offseason job as Ogopogo.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Jimbo is running out of time again.

They are probably prioritizing Blueger.

When will the franchise learn.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
What we’ve learned from this (or already knew but confirmed):
iMac is a management leech/mouthpiece and puts JR/Allvin’s spin on whatever he puts out

Reactions: dez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad