Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Let the negotiations through the media begin!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Goalies don't have that type of value
Thank a reddit guy for this one.

Darcy Kuemper for Connor Timmins, 1st-2022, 3rd-2024
Frederik Andersen 1st-2016 (#30 OVR), 2nd-2017
Martin Jones 1st-2016 (#29 OVR), Sean Kuraly
Robin Lehner *1st-205 (#21 OVR)
Cory Schneider 1st-2013 (#9 OVR)
Semyon Varlamov1st-2012 (#11 OVR), 2nd-2012

Bobrovsky 2nd-2012, 4th-2012, 4th-2013
Bob was an offer sheet.

Schneider to the Devils looks like the best goalie trade in a while.

Sportsnet has Detroit looking for a goalie. I wonder if Canucks took back Husso 4.75 for 1 more year, split duties with Silovs. That Detroit would part with previous 8oa pick Marco Kasper or 9oa pick Nate Danielson.

Reactions: Bgav

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Apart from Reinhart and Guentzel, there's not a lot of appealing top-6 options. They've been rumoured to go after Toffoli. They've liked Roslovic in the past and tried to acquire him so I think there's a possibility there.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are interested in Arvidsson but that's purely my speculation. DeBrusk and Zucker would make a certain amount of sense even if I don't believe in Zucker at all. Barabanov is an interesting buy-low candidate.

What about some St. Louis Blues players like Buchnevich, Schenn, or Saad?

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Last edited:

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Akil Thomas potentially getting extended by LA.

But I always thought he might be a decent cheap pickup who could play in the bottom 6.

And it's LA so they love giving away prospects.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
I'm always extremely cautious with guys like this. If they have a "source" they never check with anyone else. Probably because they are just hearing through the grapevine.
I remember this guy tweeting something big a couple years ago about the Canucks and I didn't know who he was at all. I believe it was the Miller extension.

Akil Thomas potentially getting extended by LA.

But I always thought he might be a decent cheap pickup who could play in the bottom 6.

And it's LA so they love giving away prospects.
Arthur Kaliyev in a system that is allowed to play offence might be a decent cheap pick up.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
his production is okayish for his cap hit but he's tiny, there's been issues fitting him into the lineup because his playstyle just doesn't mesh with some of the canucks other top forwards and when he's not scoring he's not doing anything

i don't think he is massively overpaid or anything but until he's regularly in the top 3 minutes for wingers on the team he's poor value imo
The meshing issue was absolutely a concern the first two seasons and might be again if they don't bring back Joshua. Last year the "third line" was our most productive line at ES (49pts) and by a lot. At ES, they were actually the 22nd most productive line league wide and the overwhelming majority of the lines ahead of them had way higher TOI. The only two lines more productive with less TOI were "McDraimen" (14 more points, 68 fewer minutes) and Tampa1 (2 more points, 13 fewer minutes).

I wonder how much of the prior meshing issue comes from playstyle and how much comes from three different coaches in 3 seasons, with two midseason changes.

FWIW, among wingers, only Boeser had more minutes last season and adjusting for games played Suter was also ahead (not at ES though).

I know you're not big on bringing Joshua back, but unless there are homeruns to be hit elsewhere, seems like you can bring him back, re-sign Bluger and have that line together for between $10-11MM.

Alternatively, they could play Pettersson between them.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I'm always extremely cautious with guys like this. If they have a "source" they never check with anyone else. Probably because they are just hearing through the grapevine.

I don't trust any sources.

Under this group....Most extensions and signings have been announced by the Vancouver Canucks social media first. 99% of which have been posted on here by Vector within 60-90 seconds.

Reactions: Szechwan

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I remember this guy tweeting something big a couple years ago about the Canucks and I didn't know who he was at all. I believe it was the Miller extension.

Arthur Kaliyev in a system that is allowed to play offence might be a decent cheap pick up.
If Kaliyev is actually being shopped the Canucks are in on it.

If I had to bet on a general outcome to the offseason it would be trades for either Kaliyev or a legitimate top 6 forward, a trade for a young 4-6 defender, and then some loose ends tied up.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Reactions: TruGr1t

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
There was lots of approval here for those short-term deals, and it was puzzling. I think it was a holdover from the Benning days. "If the players turn out to be awful, we won't be stuck with them!"

Well yah. That's kind of how contracts are supposed to work, and Benning didn't understand that. If you have limited money and are bargain bin hunting don't just pay the guy double for twice as long as you should and hope to all hopes they turn out. Sign them on short deals that won't cripple you moving forward and go from there. I still think they had an excellent off-season last year, obviously the results support that too. The only player we really could have signed longer was Joshua, but that wasn't really realistic. He was kind of lucky to get a two year deal in the first place.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Kaliyev is a slug though....sure he could score some goals with that shot of his but i would think the rest of the hard on the puck and defending details that Tocc wants are not gonna go well.

Love the Necas target. He would be a huge add but imagine the price with those stingy turds in Carolina will be gross.

I guess it really depends how internally they feel about Lekkerimaki because i get the feeling that Carolina will want him included plus a Hoglander/Suter to give them cap space and replace some of his production if it's not Hronek. Have to strongly consider all options as he's a breakout player target and fits our needs (Top6 RC/RW speed Playdriving PP1 if were moving on from Lindholm to a tee)

I'm also a big proponent of Jake Debrusk. He's another breakout potential player with the speed and playoff size/physicality we could use more of in the top6

I'm really curious how the organization views Lekkerimaki and Raty and there ability to help the 3C and top6W deficiencies that exist in the likelihood that Lindholm is too expensive and cost inefficient

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Grocery store employee insider?

I guess he literally heard it from the grapevine…
Normally I wouldn’t even give it the time of day, but after seeing the Lindholm trade and the Horvat trade literally break from Reddit insiders, I don’t know/care/doubt anything anymore lol

Reactions: Nucker101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad