Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Let the negotiations through the media begin!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
The Canucks will likely get a pick with the Necas for Hronek deal, if it goes down, they should package that pick with a pick of their own and move Mikheyev for cap space.

Rick Rocket

Regetstred User
May 22, 2008
How much is Reinhart going to get?

Does he want to play at home? Would he take a little less?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
That move wouldn't particularly surprise me. The brass obviously feels like Hronek is worth well short of $8M AAV, if they're hearing behind the scenes he's not budging on that it makes sense to do something like this now and re-allocate that salary to a forward like Necas, which gives you more opportunity to rebuild the blue line. Interestingly, rumoured salary is almost 1-to-1 in terms of AAV, so you're just fully allocating that space to the top-six, which I don't hate.

You will be exposed in terms of right-side defensemen, but assuming you are confident about retaining Zadorov and Myers that gives you only one blueline spot to fill (well 2, if you want Juulsen as #7, but that'll hopefully be cheaper). Relatedly, if you swap Zadorov for Dillon, you have more salary to allocate to the right-side.

Reactions: BimJenning

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
Here’s a fun hypothetical. Would you rather have Horvat and the 42nd overall pick in 2023 (Detroit used it to draft Andrew Gibson) or Necas, Raty, and a 5th (from the Beauvillier trade)?*

*The latter might include additional assets if Hronek returns more than just Necas.

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I would bet that if the Canucks and Carolina do a deal, it would also involve some kind of swap of Mikheyev and Kotkaniemi.

Would easily do this straight across. Lindholm walks, sign Myers, look at Zadorov (if not pivot to Dillon), and then try to sign two of Roy, DeMelo, Walker, Carrier, Tanev, Pesce, etc.

Totally fine running with something like this, for example:

Hughes-Roy
Soucy-Myers
Dillon-Carrier

Or some combination of the above.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Age X Salary X Term, Divided by position 1 for forwards, 2 for defence = Negative year by year curve of the future viability.

Just sort of ... a new fun stat. Forwards on average effectiveness decline quicker than defence.
Mostly because defence is much more structured whereas forward has to be much more creative.

Necas, he is arbitration eligible too. So his trade value might be diminished a bit, but he is a forward, one of 9 on a normal team.
Hronek is the same but one of 5 and which side is much more valuable.

Canucks might be able to get him for Podkolzin and Karlsson then sign him to a decent bridge contract of 3/4 years. 6.5/7 mil.

There are a lot of RHD FA's this year
The Canucks could use a defensive type, Tanev/Schenn to partner with him. Hughes production whether 90 pts or 75pts doesn't sink the team. coming from the back end is a huge plus but is 10 to 15 points worth 8 million a year?

Hughes should be good enough to raise the point total of any dman he plays with.

Even with the number of RHD's available this year Myers is the #2 point producer BUT if looking for a more defensive dman then there are many to consider.
The idea being that Hronek's rights get traded either before or after arbitration.
As the biggest point producer with the bonus of him being a RHD the team should be able to get a very healthy return. Many teams would be interested. Some teams want to make a splash in the market, some tuning up for the easy season and some for the real season.
It is fairly obvious that Hronek will never get a fair shake from the media and media led fans in this market.
With that said Columbus is a media quiet market, his signing and introduction might be the only intense exposure he faces.
And they are a "win now" team so they flip a RHD, Jiriecek and a younger forward, one of the five, Sillinger, Johnson, Voronkov, Marchenko or Chinakhov, maybe if the Canucks add a small sweetener based on a conditional trade if needed.
Hronek with them would likely set their defence needs for years, if he worked out, skill and contractually. Who is better Jiricek or him? Right now Hronek although Jiricek might in the future.

Utah needs everything BUT Hronek would be a BIG name trade and signing making big news to help ignite that market's interest.
They have all kinds of prospects, picks and future assets to entice the Canucks to fill some of their holes at the draft OR a player, forward and a pick. Hronek for Crouse and a 1rst, 2nd's or combination of picks, they have 20 picks in the first three round over the next three years.
They also need to sign a couple of big contracts for cap reasons. Not ALL high priced FA's will want to go to a clearly rebuilding situation.

I dream of these kind of deals, cap saving, won't degrade the defence too much but will upgrade the forwards and depth considerably. So Fantasy.

Crouse - Pettersson - Necas
Boeser - Miller - Marchenko/?
Hoglander - Marchenko/? - Garland
Joshua - Suter - PDG

Hughes - FA signing, Kesserling, Pesce, Skejri,?????
Zaodorov - Jirieck
Soucy - Myers
Juulsen - FA - Dillion, Deharnais,

Bigger, younger, faster, cheaper

Maybe Boeser or Garland get moved as well. BB would need more than the cap space they will have, if not careful the team could be looking to shed cap every year instead of using space to improve.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Here’s a fun hypothetical. Would you rather have Horvat and the 42nd overall pick in 2023 (Detroit used it to draft Andrew Gibson) or Necas, Raty, and a 5th (from the Beauvillier trade)?*

The latter might include additional assets if Hronek returns more than just Necas.

horvat and the 2nd easily. horvat is like the very top projection for what necas develops into. raty and a 5th are just junk

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
If a Necas deal goes through, it would be fun for the Canucks to trade back into the first round for Carolina's pick that is before the pick they gave up in the Lindholm deal with Calgary.

This is the behemoth ranked at that position:

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I really don't see a Hronek-Necas deal happening. There's a lot of smoke around Necas, but essentially nothing reported that Carolina is interested in Hronek.

And that makes sense to me. It's not Carolina's MO to trade for a guy who is now poised to get a big raise. They're literally going to let go of several of their current defensemen up for raises.

• Haha
Reactions: theguardianII

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Reinhart is extremely good defensively.

With pretty much all NHL contracts, comes down to the price. $9M for a guy of his calibre I think is pretty worthwhile.

Once you're getting into the near $11M range, it's a harder sell.
I think Bennet is more a Tocchet guy and would be cheaper
I would bet that if the Canucks and Carolina do a deal, it would also involve some kind of swap of Mikheyev and Kotkaniemi.
I think they could do this without including Hronek. Necas and Kotaniemi for Mikheyev and a 7th. A cap dump for them.
Would easily do this straight across. Lindholm walks, sign Myers, look at Zadorov (if not pivot to Dillon), and then try to sign two of Roy, DeMelo, Walker, Carrier, Tanev, Pesce, etc.

Totally fine running with something like this, for example:

Hughes-Roy
Soucy-Myers
Dillon-Carrier

Or some combination of the above.
Maybe too much change there. After 8 years of not having much defence IMO try keeping 66%. Maybe change two guys.

Zadorov will sign here, his family loved it here and he wants long term which means lower cap hit. Pretty sure something in the 5 to 5.75 with term gets it done.
Myers will be a 2/3 year deal again term will lower the cap hit. Say 3 yrs at 2.25 mil
Right there that is a 1.75 mil cap hit savings over what those two got this year.
Moving Hronek removes 4.75 mil.
Dillion should be around 2.5 mil
Carrier will want too much.
But Dillion is on his last legs, at 34 pretty much another one year Cole type deal, maybe 2 years.

I am sure whomever the Nux trade Hronek to will have some return.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I expect Necas and Kotkieniemi are canucks this summer.

Only question is do they finally get hoglander or not.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Defenseman via UFA aren't there.

I still maintain that Adam Larsson would be a perfect defenseman next to Hughes.

I would hope they kick tires on Cam Fowler.
Larsson is a pipedream since Seattle wants to be competitive and the Canucks are direct competition but yes he'd be an amazing fit next to Hughes.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I expect Necas and Kotkieniemi are canucks this summer.

Only question is do they finally get hoglander or not.

Based on the discussion around value going on right now, it seems Carolina may have to add to Necas just for Hronek. Ditching Mikheyev on them will cost, but I doubt it'll cost as much as Hoglander, which has good (if not substantial) value.

Reactions: BimJenning

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Based on the discussion around value going on right now, it seems Carolina may have to add to Necas just for Hronek. Ditching Mikheyev on them will cost, but I doubt it'll cost as much as Hoglander, which has good (if not substantial) value.
I didn't say it would, just that Carolina has been after hog for awhile, and the canucks have been interested in necas and kotka.

Seems like the writing is on the wall for a deal, just how many pieces and who, Canes also have a few swedish prospects Allvin obv aware of.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
where are people getting hronek to carolina from? he seems completely antithetical to everything they are about. i think if there's a big deal with carolina it's more likely to be pettersson going the other way

• Haha
Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
where are people getting hronek to carolina from? he seems completely antithetical to everything they are about. i think if there's a big deal with carolina it's more likely to be pettersson going the other way

Looking at the only tradable piece the Canucks have and that the Hurricanes have no defencemen signed long term. Pettersson being traded isn't going to happen and I'll eat a nacho hat if it does.

However, I'm with you. Hronek to the Hurricanes goes against everything they've done over the years. It would be a big shift in their philosophy.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
offseason throw shit on the wall rumor time

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Hell no to Kotkaniemi would rather eat the Mikhayev contract in full buyout.

Necas is going to be better than Horvat...he's just coming into his prime years while Horvat is a bad skater about to slide from his peaks of 65-70pts. The only thing better about Bo is he's heavy and has a snipe but every other aspect skating skill vision play driving and even size/reach is in favour of Necas. If they can pry him that would be massive for us.

He's the JTMiller of Tampa that is stuck behind Aho/Svech/Guentzel and others. Talk about a massive win for us being able to keep pace with the fastest teams and still having a incredible talented core if they can get him

If they insist on Hoglander than Morrow has to be part of it. I like Hronek but with Willander ITS and a chance to sign a shut down guy this summer and then go after Theodore Larsson next summer its a no brainer for me

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
If any trades are going to happen, and I mean league-wide, it would be this week before the Finals happen. The NHL essentially tells teams to not make headlines while the Finals are going on. However, they've created this weird bye-week this season so that should be put on hold or else there's nothing to talk about.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Geuntzel is apparently going to Free Agency!

WOW, that has gotta be Allvin's number 1 target.

- Sign Geuntzel
- Trade Hronek for assets
- Use assets from Hronek trade to get rid of Mikh
- Sign an RD to replace Hronek ( Tanev, Pesce etc...)
- Sign another top 6 winger
- Sign Zadorov, Bleuger, Joshua
- Let Lindholm, Cole, Desmith, Lafferty walk

Debrusk- Miller- Boeser
Hoglander- Pettersson- Geuntzel
Joshua-Bleuger-Garland
Podz- Suter- PDG

Hughes-Tanev
Soucy- Myers
Zadorov-Juulsen

Demko
Silovs