Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Let the negotiations through the media begin!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Anaheim didn't sign Ben King. c/rw (shoots right), 6'3, 201 lbs. 61 games with the San Diego Gulls this season: 15/15/30. (just turned 22) I'd like to know more too.

Bains' linemate in junior too so the Canucks would have a lot of info on him. Was very peculiar that he signed an AHL deal last season.

Reactions: timw33 and Lindgren

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I dislike the guy, but trade for Smith in Pitt.

Sign Marchessault and put EP between them.

Recreate some Vegas magic.
I am 100% on board with this. Much rather give him a 2 or 3 years deal that some of the other wingers wanting 5 or 6 years. I think he will age quite well, good even strength production, playoff performer and plays the right way. Tocchet will like his game. Probably my number one target on the free agent winger market.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Anybody else really excited with what we are going to do?
Especially knowing its Jim Rutherford, You just know the guy is going to be cooking, good or bad lol
Lol, while totally understandable, isn't it funny the majority of us still portray Rutherford as the architect, and not Allvin?

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
I am 100% on board with this. Much rather give him a 2 or 3 years deal that some of the other wingers wanting 5 or 6 years. I think he will age quite well, good even strength production, playoff performer and plays the right way. Tocchet will like his game. Probably my number one target on the free agent winger market.

marchessault is only leaving vegas for huge dollars. he's the only fa they'll resign imo (maybe cotter too if he comes in cheap)

Reactions: Szechwan

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Probably a lot of bigger issues the Canucks want to deal with first, but I wonder if they decide to bring back Blueger and Cole at similar / reduced prices. I think they liked Cole’s presence in the locker room, and both were big parts of a solid PK. Blueger gave us nice C depth, too.

As nice as it would be for one of our young guys to step up as the 4C, I would hate to see any of them be relied on in 3C minutes if one of the top 9 centers got hurt. If Suter is penciled in as the 3C, that leaves no wingers either who can move back to the center position in that situation either.

The center market this year is weak too, and I don't see a bevvy of alternatives for Blueger. I think bringing him back is an easy move, because even if Raty steps up or Aman improves his face-offs, it means Blueger can move up with Garland & Suter can go back to the wing.

Reactions: Nopefully

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
As nice as it would be for one of our young guys to step up as the 4C, I would hate to see any of them be relied on in 3C minutes if one of the top 9 centers got hurt. If Suter is penciled in as the 3C, that leaves no wingers either who can move back to the center position in that situation either.

The center market this year is weak too, and I don't see a bevvy of alternatives for Blueger. I think bringing him back is an easy move, because even if Raty steps up or Aman improves his face-offs, it means Blueger can move up with Garland & Suter can go back to the wing.

I think an ideal situation would be to get a couple of top six wingers and push Suter back to 3 or 4C. I think he fits a lot better as a 4C if we can get Blueger back for the third line.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Blueger yes. Cole will probably be replaced by Dillon.

I think Blueger will probably be retained as he won't be all that expensive and is a solid fourth-line centre who can move up the line-up if needed. Pretty difficult to make any predictions on the defense until resolution on Hronek and Zadorov, outside that Myers will likely be back.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Seravalli: I eat shit for breakfast. Literal turds.
happy-gilmore.gif

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
If the Canucks are going to spend 9-10M on a winger, I’d rather they’re serviceable defensively and a good skater, so I’m cool if Guentzel and Reinhart, respectively, go elsewhere.

Reinhart is extremely good defensively.

I’m torn on Reinhart. On one hand, he looks like he’s peaked (contract year, playing with Barkov) and unlikely to repeat this season’s offensive production. On the other hand, our top 6 needs elite talent and even if he signs for ~$9 million and regresses, that’s still worth it for 40 goals / 80 points with the rising cap.

With pretty much all NHL contracts, comes down to the price. $9M for a guy of his calibre I think is pretty worthwhile.

Once you're getting into the near $11M range, it's a harder sell.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018

With pretty much all NHL contracts, comes down to the price. $9M for a guy of his calibre I think is pretty worthwhile.

That’s why I said respectively, although I admit it’s worded confusingly.

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016

What do you think he goes for? I could see $10.5 mill x 7 years on the open market, which is a bit rich imo.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
What do you think he goes for? I could see $10.5 mill x 7 years on the open market, which is a bit rich imo.

Vector's UFA tracker has the AFP estimate at $11.3M almost. I think he'll get that kind of offer from some team. Nylander's kinda re-set the market on elite winger contracts, so it's certainly justified.

I think he settles in the 10s though with a more competitive team.

If he re-signs with Florida, I can see it being sub-$10M, to stay under Barkov. But on an 8 year term.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Vector's UFA tracker has the AFP estimate at $11.3M almost. I think he'll get that kind of offer from some team. Nylander's kinda re-set the market on elite winger contracts, so it's certainly justified.

I think he settles in the 10s though with a more competitive team.

If he re-signs with Florida, I can see it being sub-$10M, to stay under Barkov. But on an 8 year term.

One thing that's been consistent with AFP is that when a UFA player extends, it is usually at a pretty good discount. Forsling and Hanifin were far below their projected contracts.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Heard a rumour of Necas + 2nd for Hronek but that the Canucks declined as they feel Hronek is more valuable than that and want more in return, a deal may get done soon if Carolina can sweeten the offer. On twitter so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

His team to watch:

I’m gonna go with Carolina. Not only do they have a new interim GM right now in Eric Tulsky — and, by the way, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Marty Necas dealt before Game 1 of the Cup Final on Saturday — they have a new GM and they’re also arriving at this inflection point with their roster. Skjei, Pesce: unrestricted free agents. Teravainen. Necas needs a new deal, Seth Jarvis needs a — like, they’ve got a ton of ongoing business, plus remaking their team, plus new GM, plus second-most wins in the league in the last six years. Like, this is a really good team that has hit a crossroads. I think they’re the most interesting team to watch this summer.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
One thing that's been consistent with AFP is that when a UFA player extends, it is usually at a pretty good discount. Forsling and Hanifin were far below their projected contracts.

Yeah, I think if players are happy in their current situation (or dictated where they want to go and extend) it's likelier they'll take a discount relative to the market rate.

Forsling's contract though really was just bananas. A huge discount. They got a 1D for under $6M.

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
Heard a rumour of Necas + 2nd for Hronek but that the Canucks declined as they feel Hronek is more valuable than that and want more in return, a deal may get done soon if Carolina can sweeten the offer. On twitter so take it with a grain of salt.
Where did you hear the rumour?

Reactions: Vector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad