Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Let the negotiations through the media begin!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Trade Hronek for Necas. Buyout Mikheyev. Sign:
Necas 8 x 6.75
Matt Roy 5 x 5.75
Zadorov 5 x 4.75
Tanev 2 x 4.5
Joshua 3 x 2.75
Myers 3 x 2.5
Blueger 2 x 2
Silovs 2 x 900K

22 man roster with $111K space:

PodK - Petey - Necas
Hogs / Suter - Miller - Boeser
Dak - Blueger - Garland
Hogs / Suter - Aman - PDG
Bains

Hughes - Roy
Soucy - Tanev
Zads - Myers
Juulsen

Demko
Silovs

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
I’m torn on Reinhart. On one hand, he looks like he’s peaked (contract year, playing with Barkov) and unlikely to repeat this season’s offensive production. On the other hand, our top 6 needs elite talent and even if he signs for ~$9 million and regresses, that’s still worth it for 40 goals / 80 points with the rising cap.

Reactions: David71

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Myers contract is going to be 2-3 years with a cap hit between 2.5-3.5 depending on term. It will contain some type of trade protection. I wouldn’t be shocked if he gets a full NMC and the cap hit us further reduced.

This is all A-OK by me. Myers' kinda alternates good and bad seasons, but I think even accounting for that, he looked like a different player under this system. Sure, he's still chaotic at times but it's not as loud as it was. Other than penalties (whole other beast), I can think of one instance all year he made me go WTF and it was that turnover against Tampa.

RE Reinhart

Other than a Hossa-Chicago situation, it's a disaster waiting to happen for whoever signs it.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
If the Canucks are going to spend 9-10M on a winger, I’d rather they’re serviceable defensively and a good skater, so I’m cool if Guentzel and Reinhart, respectively, go elsewhere.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
This is why Necas makes sense as a target. It’s going to be incredibly tough to convince a top-tier UFA to sign in Canada when there are practically 25 other teams in the US with a better tax situation, friendlier media market, and simpler level of notoriety.

Unless you trade for signed players like that or have RFA or something exclusive negotiating rights it’s tough to get beyond the ‘Canada’ barrier.

It’s also why Vancouver shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth with respect to some of their pending UFAs who have expressed a desire to re-sign.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I’d be really surprised if he doesn’t re-sign. But if for some reason he doesn’t and wants to come to Vancouver, I’d make a big offer.
Florida’s cap situation is pretty tricky. They don’t have a ton of room to re-sign him unless he leans into a steep discount. That would also require Florida offering him an 8-year term.

IMO they may hedge a bet that they can attract another winger to ride shotgun with Barkov and be proportionally as productive for less cap-hit.

I’m torn on Reinhart. On one hand, he looks like he’s peaked (contract year, playing with Barkov) and unlikely to repeat this season’s offensive production. On the other hand, our top 6 needs elite talent and even if he signs for ~$9 million and regresses, that’s still worth it for 40 goals / 80 points with the rising cap.

I think that’s probably the right way to look at it. You are hoping if he comes in at under $10m AAV that he is as productive as a Guentzel would be. But you are realistically looking at him to be your ‘Zach Hyman’ rather than to be your play driver on that line.

Again, I have a tough time imagining that someone who has enjoyed playing in the player-friendly state of Florida would be willing to commit long-term to play in Vancouver. But, maybe there is a hometown team desire to investigate?

Last edited:
Reactions: Frankie Blueberries

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Florida’s cap situation is pretty tricky. They don’t have a ton of room to re-sign him unless he leans into a steep discount. That would also require Florida offering him an 8-year term.

IMO they may hedge a bet that they can attract another winger to ride shotgun with Barkov and be proportionally as productive for less cap-hit.

I think that’s probably the right way to look at it. You are hoping if he comes in at under $10m AAV that he is as productive as a Guentzel would be. But you are realistically looking at him to be your ‘Zach Hyman’ rather than to be your play driver on that line.

Again, I have a tough time imagining that someone who has enjoyed playing in the player-friendly state of Florida would be willing to commit long-term to play in Vancouver. But, maybe there is a hometown team desire to investigate?
Reinhart is also a very good two way player, and he’s not old (albeit, not super young). But his age would fit the core pretty well.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I believe that the annual deadline has passed for draft picks that have reached a certain post-draft threshold to be signed. Does anyone know if there are any players that have shaken loose that the Canucks would have interest in?

(Having heard nothing, I'm assuming that the Canucks didn't offer a contract to Viktor Persson.)

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Reinhart is also a very good two way player, and he’s not old (albeit, not super young). But his age would fit the core pretty well.
i would be surprised if he doesn't re sign in Florida....i think Montour wont be brought back and rightly so if he wants 8 million and they still have Forsling Ekblad plus an attractive place to sign with a good tax situation and lots of RDs available. Zito has been smart about not signing those kinds of deals and if he's gonna do one i could see it being the 57goal scorer

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I believe that the annual deadline has passed for draft picks that have reached a certain post-draft threshold to be signed. Does anyone know if there are any players that have shaken loose that the Canucks would have interest in?

(Having heard nothing, I'm assuming that the Canucks didn't offer a contract to Viktor Persson.)

I’m not sure of all these players are now UFA. From that list Ben King and Graham Sward and are two guys I’d like to know more about.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Roster upgrade is obviously a must but also fixing that powerplay.
Fans knew canucks needed to fix the powerplay issues if they wanted to go deep in the playoffs

It finally caught up to them. What could have been if they didnt waste that 4 min pp in game 7.

Canucks need a good powerplay coach.

Reactions: B-rock

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I dislike the guy, but trade for Smith in Pitt.

Sign Marchessault and put EP between them.

Recreate some Vegas magic.
It's not even impossible, Smith struggled in Pitt, doubt it would cost much.
Marchessault might sign if smith is on the team and hes gonna play with Petey.
I don't mind this idea at all

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

I’m not sure of all these players are now UFA. From that list Ben King and Graham Sward and are two guys I’d like to know more about.

Anaheim didn't sign Ben King. c/rw (shoots right), 6'3, 201 lbs. 61 games with the San Diego Gulls this season: 15/15/30. (just turned 22) I'd like to know more too.

And ... neither Elite Prospects nor Capfriendly has Sward signed, so it looks like he's also avaliable:
20, LD, 6'3" 192 lbs. 66/15/66/81 with Wenatchee in the WHL. He led the team in points from the back end, close to double the next guy, and he was clearly the PP QB, with 29 PP assists.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad