Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose 2-0; Best player? Empty net

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I don't care if we give up Burrows at this point, Hansen as well, Booth I want out..

Gut the dead weight, I'm awaiting a slaughter tomorrow

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Tell you what guys... I'll keep saying that goaltending is the problem and eventually when the goalies let in softies I'll re appear and tell everyone how I was wise.

It was a lucky shot that went poat and in. Considering what else he did in the game, I'm willing to give it a pass

thom

Mar 6, 2012
its a corporate pc world.But last 20 yrs each club has a pr department where players are told what is excepted and what is not.If Tiger Williams were playing today and spoke like he did in the 1970s he would be fined or suspended

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Can somebody explain to me why henrik ****ing sedin was playing, he was not taking faceoffs, which means he is STILL HURT

He's our best skater, and as was illustrated tonight, an incomplete Henrik is still better than everyone else on this team...

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
What's that in reference to?

Ah, was it the game against LA or the Ducks ... sorry, but I forget which. Same ref. There's a nice giff of him saying " I ****ing hate that guy" .

Where's the professionalism from these highly paid rule vandals?

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011
tortorella all but benches kassian - one of our most consistent and productive players recently - for one false move early in the game. we end up getting shut out because nobody was producing anything

way to go, brainiac

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
That's ********. Lack can't be expected to be absolutely perfect. I hope this doesn't ruin his confidence because he's played very well.

I know, that's my point. In fact, it's stupid to think that your team will play 'harder' for one goalie instead of the other. It's just funny to think it was a common thing for the anti-Luongo posters around here to say, but they've abandoned the argument now that the tables have turned.

Don't want to turn this into a Luongo thread though.

Can't believe Lack has lost in shutouts in 3 out of the last 5 games. How many of those were 1-0 until an empty netter? Shameful.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
yes when they become professional hockey players, theyre coached in this

No. But they've been coached to give the most boring answers possible and to speak positive in interviews. It's why they look like robots in the interviews.

Which is why Samuelsson was a good interview because he didn't care.

Sure, they are given a rudimentary amount of cliches and ways to answer the media's questions...but it's not like after every game they are coached what to say.

It's insulting to peoples intelligence to keep spouting off all these "I thought we looked better"/"we played a good game" quotes. I can understand being positive, but people want accountability, not fluff.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
One thing I don't like about torts is how he manages ice times. He doesn't roll lines very well... certain players don't play much and when they finally do get to play, they are cold and disjointed? Meanwhile, other players who also don't score or do much still get a ton of time

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
If that's really the case, Gillis needs to take some major heat.

I don't think its solely coaching, but I would like to see them with a different breakout scheme regardless. If Torts thinks its the players and not him, I want to see him make changes in his system to know for sure.

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011
One thing I don't like about torts is how he manages ice times. He doesn't roll lines very well... certain players don't play much and when they finally do get to play, they are cold and disjointed

there's more and more about tortorella i don't like as a coach. for all his talk about mental toughness whatever he says behind the doors has done nothing to breed any resilience in the group. vigneault had this team acting like day-in-day-out pros - here they are hot and cold like roast beef leftovers

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
One thing I don't like about torts is how he manages ice times. He doesn't roll lines very well... certain players don't play much and when they finally do get to play, they are cold and disjointed? Meanwhile, other players who also don't score or do much still get a ton of time

That's one of his problems IMO. Especially in an Olympic year and the travel Vancouver always has, riding your top players isn't the smartest move. Injuries and fatigue are playing a factor.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
none of the players deserve to go to the olympics with this kind of effort.

Im not concerned about the Sedins. They are too honorable to stick around to just collect a paycheck they will just Bounce to Sweden in a few years. They were around when Naslund was in that position i doubt they want to deal with the **** Markus did when he didnt live up to that contract.

Burrows worries me as he was underpaid for so long and now probably feels he's earned the right to slack and get paid.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
lacklacklack.gif

That gifs perfectly sums up the Canucks atm: The goalie is the best player on the PP.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
I hope the Bruins kick the absolute living hell out of this team. Completely and utterly embarrass our line-up. I hope this is a blow-out on the level of what Anaheim did to us.

I want this team's spirit to be completely and absolutely destroyed, so they can stop thinking they are any shred of what they had THREE YEARS AGO.

This team needs a bloody wake-up call. Gillis, you still need to re-tool. GET ON IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad