Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose 2-0; Best player? Empty net

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Agreed. It's laughable.

The fact that Torts isn't taking any heat is puzzling.

He's turned this team into an injury riddled shot blocking gang of plugs.

Yes, the one area you'd think the canucks would look to improve is the break out. The coaching staff can really impress a break out on a team and its shocking how bad the Canucks have gotten at moving the puck up ice.

The break out is poor and is one of the reasons the Canucks can't generate a lick of anything off the rush.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
If the Canucks are in a win now mode which I assume they are and I was Gillis if call up Garth snow and say what do you want for vanek and I'd give it to him

We're not in a win now mode, this would be scary if this team was in win now hahah

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
This team has mailed it in so hard.

That's what Gillis gets after rewarding loyalty with seemingly fair contracts.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Santorelli, Henrik and co. were ablet to sustain some decent play during that stretch and the goaltending was great. It was also probably a bit of a lucky stretch on top of that. They were playing well defensively though. However with Santorelli gone for the season and Henrik playing injured, this team is going nowhere and they know it. It doesn't help that Dan Sedin does **** all.

Daniel looks to me like he's been playing with a bum shoulder for a good while. Gets no power on anything, and looks like a guy trying to compensate for an injury. Obviously, who knows - maybe he just decided he hates hockey.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Burrows is getting too many chances on the pp. they need big screens with off-hand shots from the point. That's really the only thing they haven't tried all season... the simplest solution

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Boy, that "everyone's accountable" philosophy sure looks hollow right now. Kassian pays for every little mistake, while others are free to play absolutely baffling hockey.

Pretty much. Not sure why people thought it would be different under Torts. Its pretty normal or common.

Kassian is Torts little project.l

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
“Meh”

Pretty much how I feel about watching the product. Quite clear a lot of fans are feeling the same way. Stubhub ticket prices continue to drop...

Will be missing tomorrows game, and could care less. Feels like the late 90's again (can't comment about the 70's and 80's but I guess it could be worse).

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I'm not sure why everyone puts so much stock into post game interviews. Players have a specific list of things they can address, and are told what to say by PR departments.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Tanev is definitely missed much more so than Bieksa. We seriously lack mobility back there without Tanev. We also need to get faster up front too many players with concrete boots. We need to target someone like Etem because we loose races all over the ice.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
This is beginning to worry me. I cannot say if it's coaching related or personnel related, but something needs to change. We are so unbelievably static, the entire league knows exactly how to play us.

Yup. It's rinse recycle repeat every game. I think it's gotta be a mix of coaching and personnel. I like Torts but he was placed on some pedestal a month into his tenure but he's also showing some cracks now.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
This team is sending a message to Gillis, get us help.
Gillis, for all the praise we've given him in the past...the expiry date is upon him.

I've stuck through the garbage that was the late 90's, I at least have the Jets to watch

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Will the reffing never be sensible? The only thing worse than the reffing were the Canucks "big guns".

Why is Burrows allowed to suck the life out of every game he's in, but Kassian get's benched for learning to play at this level?

If this is Tortorella's way of developing the more skilled players, then he can go suck an egg.

Why do the Canucks continually get penalized for getting attacked?

I stopped watching for a couple of months because it was so frustrating seeing this team get completely screwed by the league, and it's hard not to see why the team is simply giving up. I see the same rotten officiating in other games for sure, but EVERY SINGLE game it's the same weighted nonsense going against the Canucks.

Not simply marginal calls, but blatant illegal plays happen right in front of the refs and they refuse to penalize the other team. History bending penalties, refs openly caught hating on the coach ... during the freaking game, and nothing in the way of reprimands from the league brass.

Wow.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Booth, Hansen, and/or Burrows need to be healthy scratches. They all need a kick in the ass so hard it's not even funny. Why can't anyone make a pass? Why can't anyone get open for a shot or drive to the net for a scrum? Daniel's shot is dead, that limp-dicked backhander in the 3rd was just unbelievable.

There were only two positives in this game. Henrik's passing was on point, and Eddie Lack continues to make saves off of brutal turnovers. Two players playing well do not a victory make though.

Booth was the only one playing tonight, Booth is the only one held accountable. Booth is always a healthy scratch, no one else is.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
This team is sending a message to Gillis, get us help.

Gillis, for all the praise we've given him in the past...the expiry date is upon him.

All the additions in the world mean nothing when pretty much every player on your team making big money is playing like absolute junk.

Pseudonymous*

I'm not sure why everyone puts so much stock into post game interviews. Players have a specific list of things they can address, and are told what to say by PR departments.

i put stock in it because theyre backing up what theyre saying with what theyre doing on the ice, in the interviews, they say they are getting the shots and looks but theyre not going in, then they go out and play the exact same way.so its pretty damn clear they actually think that

when you dont change anything when youre playing like garbage and then you rub it in peoples faces in an interview, expect backlash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad