Canes Offer Sheet KK (6.1 for 1 yr) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
It's really not. It's a relatively good return only if Carolina misses the playoffs. If they make the playoffs it's a bad return for a 3rd overall pick.

It is a very good return for 6m kk. You’d be right if he had signed on a 2-3M contract. 3rd overall is simply not an adequate criterion to assess his value

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He’s not going to play ahead of Svech, Teuvo, Necas and Nino. They have themselves a 3rd liner winger that’s never played wing for $6m.

KK has played a little bit of wing in the playoffs, but yeah, they are loaded at center.

Necas is already playing wing, so KK slots in a #4 C, so there would still be more movement unless they do look at KK as a winger.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
When Bergevin offer sheeted Aho it was actually to try and improve the team on the ice. This here is a move out of pure pettiness and spite.
It is but it's also about sending a message, screw with my team, I will screw with yours back. He's protecting his future assets and making sure he can continue to use RFA leverage to its fullest extent without interference from the outside parties as well as making sure he doesn't have to pay more than what he's absolutely comfortable with for his RFAs.

From a business standpoint, he played his hand extremely well. Put the screws to us tight financially and made sure the message was absolutely clear ($20 signing bonus and copy/paste press release in EN and FR).

It was a masterclass move by all accounts and it really made Bergevin look like a bigger idiot now for that ridiculous Aho OS.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Honestly I'm not sure who I'm more angry with KK or Bergevin. The minute Danault walked KK had leverage over the team due to our center depth. I don't know what Bergevin offered KK but he had 2 months to hammer out a deal and couldn't get it done. If history shows us anything Bergevin probably low balled him. That along with him getting benched for the last 2 games of the finals probably pissed him off enough that he signed the offer sheet. Either way I'm done defending this kid. If he wants to leave take the picks and run.

I would have questioned KK mental capacity if he had turned down that deal. He just got paid like an established top6 player, something he is not at this point and it's still unclear if the Habs were really willing to give him the opportunities to establish himself as a top6 player this year. So it's absolutely win-win for him.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
This is Suzuki and Caufield team anyways. Acquire an offensive C and let KK go.
Acquire an offensive C? What in Beregvin's entire tenure leads you to believe he is capable of doing that?

Year after year after year of the same excuses for nearly a decade "we tried but it takes 2 to tango", "we tried but there were none available", "signing centers is hard", etc... And you still think he can acquire one??

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Good to know

the next couple of years might be much more reasonable, but right now theres just no way around this 6.1 million problem..

My hope is that they match and we deal with everything afterwards...but it reall really would not surprise me to see bergevin wipe his hands clean of it all and take the picks..

How can KK and his agent ever legit work with Bergevin ever again after this, and if KK though the media might of been rough before, he has no IDEA what hes in store for this year if we match...
even 50 points isnt worth 6 million...
sigh lol

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

iu

Edit: It's Ray Lalonde giving his opinion. Meh.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
I would have questioned KK mental capacity if he had turned down that deal. He just got paid like an established top6 player, something he is not at this point and it's still unclear if the Habs were really willing to give him the opportunities to establish himself as a top6 player this year. So it's absolutely win-win for him.
Definitely. If he doesn't pan out I doubt he ever sees that kind of money again.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Ya KK also removed "MTL" from his Instagram bio. I usually dont read too much into this stuff, but I think he is gone.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It is a very good return for 6m kk. You’d be right if he had signed on a 2-3M contract. 3rd overall is simply not an adequate criterion to assess his value

Hum you don't evaluate return based on an offer sheet a young played got. JK was certainly not asking 6 millions to Mtl it was 100% possible to sign him to a decent contract. A late first is a very bad return for a rfa 21 years old 3rd overall pick. It's not like it's the first time MB got burned by lowballing players. He's well known for that actually.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I get that maybe MB is on vacation, but there has been absolutely nothing that has come out of the Habs yet regarding this which is weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad