Canes Offer Sheet KK (6.1 for 1 yr) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah for a rental player with 20 games left on his contract......not for a 20 years old center with a potential of a top 6 center and under team's control for a couple of year.

Sabres got a lot more than that for Ristoleinen.....yet no one here would have traded KK for Ristoleinen one for one.

That pick for me means another McCarron, Poehling, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Juulsen, Mailloux......nothing that is worth KK at this time.

We got 2 x 2nd round pick for Eller....it was a good trade apparently....yet we got absolutely nothing for Eller in the end who's still a fixture on the Caps center line.

So you prefer matching the offer and have KK at 6.1M because you're afraid of another 1st round pick?

Reactions: dralaf

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
those of you that want Bergevin canned (or not re-signed), probably got your wish with this. Molson must be f***ing steaming. Bergevin needed time off in August, I get it, but letting his guard down, ignoring the Canes overtures at a trade, knowing Dundon has a history of being a f***er and hard balling KK over maybe 300K has caused this nonsense. He should've seen it coming and been more proactive. This is where bergevin's arrogance got in the way. sloppy

I mean, everything you said is speculations at this point.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
That pick for me means another McCarron, Poehling, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Juulsen, Mailloux......nothing that is worth KK at this time.

We got 2 x 2nd round pick for Eller....it was a good trade apparently....yet we got absolutely nothing for Eller in the end who's still a fixture on the Caps center line.

Let's see where the picks fall or are being used before saying they are automatic loss. Eller was a good trade ruined by an epic failed trade in Shaw. KK trade value is closer to a 1st and 3rd round pick than he is worth paying 6.1 millions and ruined the salary cap structure.

KK is more likely a 30 to 55 points player and likely settle below the 50 points mark.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
If we can snag Monahan or Dvorak, or Eichel, I'm okay with it. If we go into the season with Suzuki-Evans-Paquette-Poehling and some other washed up C like Bozak or Staal, I'm not happy about it.

Still irritated this has happened, but I think we have to walk at this point.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Scheifele had a 34 point season in 63 games (44 point pace) in his d+3 rookie year.

Kks d+3 year? 20 points in 56 games (30 point pace)
KK had 17 points in 34 games before the team got Staal. Afterwards, he had 3 points in 22 games because he was given way less ice time, and much worse linemates because the team is run by idiots.

Staal, for the record, had 3 points in 19 games.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Well that isn’t due to the fact they can’t afford it, it’s because their owner is cheap. That isn’t a Habs problem.

The offer sheer was build that way because there owner is cheap. And it still hurts them.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
The comments left on his Instagram page are a disgrace. He is a human being. Not sure how anyone could be mad at the kid for doing what's best for himself.
Have you been into his thread on this message board? Or any number of other threads. However picking on a barely 21 year old is the pettiness I have come to see from many fans on this board when a player leaves. Radulov and more recently the hate for Domi, our only 72 point center in how many years? And remember they did it to themselves. It is never the moron that CMO Molson put ion charge of the entire organization with zero oversight.

How do you have a 1 billion dollar company and you have ONLY marc bergevin running it like his own personal ego project. He is the Tommy Wisseau of GMs.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I mean you probably shouldn't start an RFA war against one of the richest franchises.

They got Necas to get under contract and after that they're good for another 4-5 years without even having to think about that. They don't got much big RFA coming up.

And never forget that it's Bergevin who started that war......Carolina is just fighting back.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
KK had 17 points in 34 games before the team got Staal. Afterwards, he had 3 points in 22 games because he was given way less ice time, and much worse linemates because the team is run by idiots.

Staal, for the record, had 3 points in 19 games.
I don't ever see kk turning into a ppg stud like Scheifele or couturier, but who knows.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Let's see where the picks fall or are being used before saying they are automatic loss. Eller was a good trade ruined by an epic failed trade in Shaw. KK trade value is closer to a 1st and 3rd round pick than he is worth paying 6.1 millions and ruined the salary cap structure.

KK is more likely a 30 to 55 points player and likely settle below the 50 points mark.
50 point two-way C's with size are very valuable.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
How come?

The worst scenario for them is losing a late 1st and a 3rd if they decide not to qualify Kotkaniemi after next season and he walks away on free agency.

On the other hand, if he's a good fit they can either re-negotiate a lower contract, or let him test free agency and still have a good chance of re-signing him, because, contrary to us, the relationship is not soured.

We've invested a 3OA pick on this guy and have to structure the salary cap of our future core in the next two years. The only way it looks good for us is if we take the compensation and then Kotkaniemi turns out to be nothing more than a #3C. But then again, it would mean that we f***ed up another 3OA pick.

Sublime Maestro really has to do some sublime work to make the whole situation look palatable.

I never talked about this being a great thing for Bergevin in the Habs. I only talked about it from a Carolina perspective; Having Kotkaniemi at 6.1M is a disaster for your salary structure. We're talking about a GM who let his goalie of the future go for à couple millions here.

People have to stop pretending Kotkaniemi is some great player. He's not. The fact is that we f***ed up another 3rd overall pick, and we don't need this move to go through to realize it was a mistake passing over Tkachuk and Hughes for him.

Last edited:

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
What is it with this team and 3rd overall draft picks?

The only way to fix this right now is to convince Keith Tkachuk and his wife to have a litter of children like puppies, and buy them all up as future Hab hockey players and just wait 18 years...

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
They got Necas to get under contract and after that they're good for another 4-5 years without even having to think about that. They don't got much big RFA coming up.

And never forget that it's Bergevin who started that war......Carolina is just fighting back.

Post I responded to suggested MTL shouldn't retaliate that's what I was responding to.

However regarding your post, sure but teams dont forget.

Do you think Necas signs immediately for FMV now or hell wait to see if MTL retaliates. I'm betting he waits.

In any long term event, I don't think it's ever smart to do this to a team that is willing to pay the way MTL is, especially when your owner is a notorious cheap skate. But well see. In any event, this might be what MBs reign will be remembered for lol

JackZap

May 7, 2009
I never talked about this being a great thing for Bergevin in the Habs. I only talked about it from a Carolina perspective; Having Kotkaniemi at 6.1M is a disaster for your salary structure. We're talking about a GM who let his goalie of the future go for à couple millions here.

People have to stop pretending Kotkaniemi is some great player. He's not. The fact is that we f***ed up another 3rd overall pick, and we don't need this move to go through to realize it was a mistake passons over Tkachuk and Hughes for him.

I can forgive them for passing on Hughes but to pass on BK is a fireable offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad