Canes Offer Sheet KK (6.1 for 1 yr) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Film Noir

Mar 7, 2010
Verdun
I mean, the Canes were doing fine with Mrazek/Bernier.

They probably make the playoffs even with Andersen in net - he never stopped the Leafs from making the playoffs and imo was not their biggest issue IN the p'ayoffs.

Rantta is injury prone but is a pretty somid goaltender too

Ever since they won with the Leafs Zamboni driver in net, they clearly believe the position to be overrated. We'll see if that's sustainable.

Reactions: abo9

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Scheifele was just cracking the NHL at 20 and didn't break out until he was 23. Still lots of time for KK. Why was he rushed to NHL to begin with?

Rushed because they had poor c depth. Maybe there’s lots of time but that doesn’t mean he is a 6m C or will ever develop into one.

Take the picks!

Reactions: dinodebino

ManixLiquid

Jun 3, 2010
He might just have to go back there this year lol

I don't see any other options. We no longer have the assets to trade for Eichel and I think the Canucks match ant offer sheets made to Petterson.

Drouin might be the only option for 2c if we don't match KK sheet. ☹

Film Noir

Mar 7, 2010
Verdun
To do what?

In what world is KK in the wrong outside of this false reality some fans live in where every player should bend the f*** over for the team they cheer for, as if they are playing EA sports.

No person would refuse 3x their salary for some faux sense of allegiance to an organization.
I would have signed that deal too. But in a face puncher league, payback can take many forms.

Reactions: JurequeparJuraj

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Joe Sakic didn't want to play for Colorado? Weber didn't want to play for Nashville?

The guy has an opportunity at 22 to make 6 mil a year. He's got an opportunity to possibly become a UFA at 23 if the Habs don't match. He signed because it made sense for him to do it, not necessarily because he wanted out of Montreal.
Those are superstars who lived up to their rfa offers.

Jk is an average player making 2.5x what he is worth, he can never live up to this contract and the fans would never let him live it down.

Even if he had nothing against the city, he burned a bridge in it by signing that deal.

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
Im still baffled why Carolina`s gm thinks that paying 6M to KK is good revenge for Bergys offersheet to Aho...

Carolina should actually be thankful for the Aho offer sheet. Not the other way around

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Im still baffled why Carolina`s gm thinks that paying 6M to KK is good revenge for Bergys offersheet to Aho...
The funny part is the media playing it up and saying Canes owning Habs. If Habs don’t match (I hope) Canes are screwed. They have 4 centres and up against cap and need to sign him for $5M+ or lose him to UFA next year for nothing. I say let them choke on it and keep him. Rather have the extra first for one of the deepest drafts next year in a very long time.

Reactions: dralaf and FinnHab

Dakkon

Aug 20, 2021
Sherwood Park
As an outsider looking in, I would say Montreal probably matches but that could put a strain on how much $ Suzuki and Caufield ask for. Haha also i don’t think it would be a good idea for Montreal to try and get revenge as it would likely start an RFA war with Carolina and that can’t be good for either team….

Reactions: Doc McKenna

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yon don't pay a player like KK 6M. That's absurd. It might be his worth if he ever reaches his potential, which is far from a sure thing.

I'll gladly take the picks and let the Canes understand why KK isn't worth a 1st, and 6M per.

We'll be the ones laughing in the end.
Wait...you think NHL contracts are based on certainties?

Players get paid based on their potential...well...pretty much all the time.

Nothing new here.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I think we should move on from Kotkaniemi.

Take the picks and offer sheet Elias Petersson for 8.5 for 5 years.

We will lose 2 first rounds picks, 1 second and a third but with the picks gained by losing KK, the trade is:

Kotkaniemi, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick

for Pettersson
Vancouver matches that without a doubt.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
....for one year. And the 20 dollars signing bonus which is the same number as Aho wears. Make no mistake, this is a complete payback for offer sheeting Aho.

If you think otherwise then you don't understand the human psychic. This is 100% payback.
Exactly,aside from the signing bonus Bergeven's offer was fair, Carolina's owner is a egotistical p.o.s, let him walk and use the picks to trade for a player.if we match we lose him for nothing next year anyways.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Still a 1st round pick.

When Columbus got a 1st for Savard, nobody said it's a late 1st. Everyone was impressed that Columbus got another 1st.

Yeah for a rental player with 20 games left on his contract......not for a 20 years old center with a potential of a top 6 center and under team's control for a couple of year.

Sabres got a lot more than that for Ristoleinen.....yet no one here would have traded KK for Ristoleinen one for one.

That pick for me means another McCarron, Poehling, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Juulsen, Mailloux......nothing that is worth KK at this time.

We got 2 x 2nd round pick for Eller....it was a good trade apparently....yet we got absolutely nothing for Eller in the end who's still a fixture on the Caps center line.

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
I think we should move on from Kotkaniemi.

Take the picks and offer sheet Elias Petersson for 8.5 for 5 years.

We will lose 2 first rounds picks, 1 second and a third but with the picks gained by losing KK, the trade is:

Kotkaniemi, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick

for Pettersson
Yes,but i would make the offer 10 million no risk if they match they match.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Not with those signing bonuses.

Reason they traded their young number 1 goaltender and let hamilton go. Signing bonuses are more commun now and they didn’t want to add them with Aho’s.

Well that isn’t due to the fact they can’t afford it, it’s because their owner is cheap. That isn’t a Habs problem.

Reactions: V13

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
As an outsider looking in, I would say Montreal probably matches but that could put a strain on how much $ Suzuki and Caufield ask for. Haha also i don’t think it would be a good idea for Montreal to try and get revenge as it would likely start an RFA war with Carolina and that can’t be good for either team….

I mean you probably shouldn't start an RFA war against one of the richest franchises.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
those of you that want Bergevin canned (or not re-signed), probably got your wish with this. Molson must be f***ing steaming. Bergevin needed time off in August, I get it, but letting his guard down, ignoring the Canes overtures at a trade, knowing Dundon has a history of being a f***er and hard balling KK over maybe 300K has caused this nonsense. He should've seen it coming and been more proactive. This is where bergevin's arrogance got in the way. sloppy

Reactions: JurequeparJuraj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad