Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Don't think it's ever happened in a normal season. This year has been crazy in every possible way. Can't really compare to the norm.
Yes it has happened in a normal season. On November 17, 2018 which was on a Saturday during the 2018-19 Season, the Canadiens played the Canucks in Vancouver and the game was scheduled to start at 7:00 PM EST/4:00 PM PST.

Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks Box Score — November 17, 2018 | Hockey-Reference.com

The game officially started at 4:14 PM PST.

Event Summary

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Yes it has happened in a normal season. On November 17, 2018 which was on a Saturday during the 2018-19 Season, the Canadiens played the Canucks in Vancouver and the game was scheduled to start at 7:00 PM EST/4:00 PM PST.

Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks Box Score — November 17, 2018 | Hockey-Reference.com

The game officially started at 4:14 PM PST.

Event Summary
I love the idea of you digging through 4 years of Canucks schedules to try to prove your point lol.

Feel free to show me another time. I'm sure you've already done the legwork.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I love the idea of you digging through 4 years of Canucks schedules to try to prove your point lol.

You said that didn't happen in a normal season and I proved that it did. So don't be upset at that your theory was proven wrong how the NHL only use to schedule Leafs vs Canucks games to start at 4:00 PM PST on Saturday's in Vancouver.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021

The issue is, people in the east are in bed a lot by 10 when the game would start. That's why it's at 4 PM. It's due to how the country is split, but you're going to turn it into the narrative they want to make Leaf fans happy.
They need as many eyeballs as possible on those 30 second commercials.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Leafs get the highest ratings. we've been through this before. Every Leaf article gets the most hits and comments by far. Everything Leaf s sells more. I can't believe people dispute this.
Ratings are done horribly on Saturdays whenever Leafs don't play.
Stay humble. Remember that there are two reality here, I'd say that 80% of Habs fans doesn't care about here or english content or the famous Leafs..

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
We have part Deux of Leafs and Sens!
It will be interesting how these two teams respond.

Leafs gotta be ready for the heat that the likes of <squints> Nick Paul or <squints again> Austin Watson bring to the table. Deadly combo.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Stay humble. Remember that there are two reality here, I'd say that 80% of Habs fans doesn't care about here or English content or the famous Leafs..
Habs aren't that much of a draw at all due to the fact their broadcasts are split into 2 languages.
Not sure how you are spinning arrogance out of stating fact.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
You can't accept Toronto gets the most viewers. It's as simple as that. Showing every team equally does not equal ratings success at all
You're not even grasping anything I'm saying.

It's pretty simple, try to keep up.

EVERY MARKET IN THE COUNTRY SHOULD HAVE THEIR LOCAL TEAMS GET THE MAJORITY OF THE COVERAGE, NOT WHOEVER HAPPENS TO HAVE THE BIGGEST AUDIENCE ACROSS THE NATION. THAT WAY EVERY MARKET WOULD BE PROPERLY SERVED IN THE SAME WAY TORONTO IS NOW.

Get it?

If Rogers is not willing or able to do this, they should relinquish NHL rights outside of Ontario like the old days and allow local media to cover each team.

Reactions: HabsDood

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
You're not even grasping anything I'm saying.

It's pretty simple, try to keep up.

EVERY MARKET IN THE COUNTRY SHOULD HAVE THEIR LOCAL TEAMS GET THE MAJORITY OF THE COVERAGE, NOT WHOEVER HAPPENS TO HAVE THE BIGGEST AUDIENCE ACROSS THE NATION. THAT WAY EVERY MARKET WOULD BE PROPERLY SERVED IN THE SAME WAY TORONTO IS NOW.

Get it?

If Rogers is not willing or able to do this, they should relinquish NHL rights outside of Ontario like the old days and allow local media to cover each team.

That's not how you make the most money, Apparently YOU are not grasping things. And Rogers is a private compnay, They will do as they wish. As they should be allowed since they gave NHL 5 BILLION of their own money.

The days of the "MY TAX DOLLARS" CBC stuff is over. It's a private compnay.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
You said that didn't happen in a normal season and I proved that it did. So don't be upset at that your theory was proven wrong how the NHL only use to schedule Leafs vs Canucks games to start at 4:00 PM PST on Saturday's in Vancouver.
I didn't recall it ever happening. Turns out it happened once.

Doesn't mean "it happens". It means "it happened".

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
That's not how you make the most money, Apparently YOU are not grasping things.
Well you've convinced me. I am no longer upset at a large corporation for putting profit ahead of the needs of their customer. Silly me.

Capitalism at it's finest I guess.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

You can back track all you want because in the end this is what your originally said about that. Last time I checked the 2018-19 Season was a normal year.

Don't think it's ever happened in a normal season. This year has been crazy in every possible way. Can't really compare to the norm.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
You can back track all you want because in the end this is what your originally said about that. Last time I checked the 2018-19 Season was a normal year.
Well if I must repeat myself:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
giphy.gif

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Habs aren't that much of a draw at all due to the fact their broadcasts are split into 2 languages.
Not sure how you are spinning arrogance out of stating fact.
I'm just having a chat with ya. The Habs have always drawn more in the west than the Leafs, problem is they have to watch in french now. The Leafs are forced fed across the nation. Anyway, that's how money works now.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
To all the fans that hate the Toronto centric sports media in Canada there is a easy solution. Get rid of your cable or satellite TV. This way you no longer financially support the Toronto Sports Network or the Toronto SN threw your cable or satellite fees. Get yourself a NHL Live subscription for less the $180.00 Canadian and watch all the hockey you want. If you want to watch something other then NHL hockey like lets say the WJHC then for that I got a one month subscription to TSN so I can watch a dominate Canadian team blow the gold metal.

Screw Rogers and Bell by not supporting them with your cable fees.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
To all the fans that hate the Toronto centric sports media in Canada there is a easy solution. Get rid of your cable or satellite TV. This way you no longer financially support the Toronto Sports Network or the Toronto SN threw your cable or satellite fees. Get yourself a NHL Live subscription for less the $180.00 Canadian and watch all the hockey you want. If you want to watch something other then NHL hockey like lets say the WJHC then for that I got a one month subscription to TSN so I can watch a dominate Canadian team blow the gold metal.

Screw Rogers and Bell by not supporting them with your cable fees.
I pay $20/month for SNET during hockey season. DAZN for NFL. Not sure what I'll do for CFL season this year if there is one. TSN Go subscription I guess. Which I think is also about 20/month.

Reactions: libertarian

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
I pay $20/month for SNET during hockey season. DAZN for NFL. Not sure what I'll do for CFL season this year if there is one. TSN Go subscription I guess. Which I think is also about 20/month.
For entertainment purpose I used to have all the TSN's and SN's channels only to end-up with blackouts.. Don't understand.. So I've just unsubscribed. I get everything from RDS1-2-3, TVAS1-2 and some funny links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad