Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

May 3, 2020
And the rest of the country is more than 3 times that.

Wait am I allowed to add Seattle to the Vancouver numbers? That's less than 2 hours from the city. Victoria too by ferry or air.

It isn't the same and you know it. Vancouver isn't the hub for Seattle and it is not in its sphere of influence. Every city I mentioned is literally reliant on Toronto economically and has many commuters who go to work in Toronto. It is pretty much non stop sprawl between all those cities to Toronto. Vancouver to Seattle isn't even close. It is apples and oranges.

Not outside Ontario. That's the point. You think more people in BC care about the Leafs than the Canucks? You're insane.

I think you have an axe to grind. I already said if BC is showing Leafs over the Canucks in BC that's an issue.

As for why Toronto is the National Focus well that one is obvious. Yes that means networks catering to the Toronto market when Toronto plays Vancouver on Saturday. You might not like it. You might think its wrong. You might think the networks favour Toronto. Heck you are right. Fact is one market is 9 million the other is significantly smaller. Networks want eyes on the screen. 10pm Eastern time just doesn't work for a National audience.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
It isn't the same and you know it. Vancouver isn't the hub for Seattle and it is not in its sphere of influence. Every city I mentioned is literally reliant on Toronto economically and has many commuters who go to work in Toronto. It is pretty much non stop sprawl between all those cities to Toronto. Vancouver to Seattle isn't even close. It is apples and oranges.

I think you have an axe to grind. I already said if BC is showing Leafs over the Canucks in BC that's an issue.

As for why Toronto is the National Focus well that one is obvious. Yes that means networks catering to the Toronto market when Toronto plays Vancouver on Saturday. You might not like it. You might think its wrong. You might think the networks favour Toronto. Heck you are right. Fact is one market is 9 million the other is significantly smaller. Networks want eyes on the screen. 10pm Eastern time just doesn't work for a National audience.
You can acknowledge all that but still can't even understand why someone would be unhappy with it. Try putting yourself in someone else's shoes. Everything on TV about hockey outside of the actual games of other teams is slanted towards Toronto. It shouldn't be hard to understand why more than half the country isn't happy about that.

Hmmmm.... maybe it has something to do with the Leafs owners being the only sports media corporations across the country.

You'd think a Bills fan would understand being in the same division as the Patriots the last 20 years.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Unfortunately I think Ottawa and Vancouver are going to get better as the season goes on.
Both teams were near the top in games played to start the season. I don't think they become world beaters, but I also don't think it's a coincidence that once their schedule slowed and allowed them to get in a few practices, their play improved markedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad