Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
Leafs needed that win badly. Glad they came through. Ottawa is teaching teams to have respect and I love it. Can't take nights off thinking it's an easy win.

I think Calgary is underachieving with the team they have. I expect them to move up in the standings going forward. MTL is likely to beat out WPG for the final playoff spot.

Vancouver made a big mistake losing Markstrom. Seems like a bad situation brewing there.

I foresee 'tough customer' Ottawa playing spoiler late in the season and giving teams a good bang for their buck.

Last edited:
Reactions: TopChedder

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Canucks have played way better in the last 5 games.
Honestly should have won all 5
Just won the Series vs Calgary, Maybe they still have a shot at making the playoffs.

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
Just won the Series vs Calgary, Maybe they still have a shot at making the playoffs.

It will be much clearer after Feb 25th at which point:

Oilers will have played CGYx2, VANx2
Flames EDMx2, TORx2, OTT
Canucks WPGx2, EDMx2

This next week can potentially make or break the season for a team.

Going to be intense

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013

They were one of my picks to win the division before the season started.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I think the Canucks should be better than .500 going forward, but i would be surprised if they are able to dig out of their hole and make playoffs. Their goaltending is too inconsistent on an otherwise flawed roster.

That said, with all divisional games, this is the season to climb out of a hole, if any, since the Canucks play the bubble teams ahead of them so many times.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006

They've won 2 games in their last 9.

Weird time to be calling a turnaround.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Sure if you ignore the PLAY and only look at final score. They outplayed Calgary in every game this week. And were significantly better in the last Leafs game than the previous ones.

They are really climbing the moral standings apparently.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I'm very excited for the next 6 games. 4 vs. Jets, 2 vs. Oilers. Feels like forever since we've played not Calgary or Toronto. Two teams we should be able to win the series against, but can't be complacent against. Hope they bring the best out of us.

I'm predicting 8 points from these 6 games. 4-2 or 3-1-2.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Hard to believe we're still in 1st with how flaccid we've been lately. Breath of fresh air compared to the Atlantic where any stumble is a world of pain.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
They have also played 20 games, 2 more than anyone. More importantly 4 more than both Calgary and Winnipeg. It's a big hole.
All we can do is assume every team collects 1 point for every game in hand. Every team can't win every game since they only play each other, and it's hard to predict OT games.

So that would give us (if games were all even):

Toronto - 29
Montreal - 25
Winnipeg - 23
Edmonton - 22
Calgary - 21
Vancouver - 17
Ottawa - 11

Is that "insurmountable" with 26 games to play? To To make up 5 points to crack top 4?

Reactions: CanuckCity

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Leafs needed that win badly. Glad they came through. Ottawa is teaching teams to have respect and I love it. Can't take nights off thinking it's an easy win.

I think Calgary is underachieving with the team they have. I expect them to move up in the standings going forward. MTL is likely to beat out WPG for the final playoff spot.

Vancouver made a big mistake losing Markstrom. Seems like a bad situation brewing there.

I foresee 'tough customer' Ottawa playing spoiler late in the season and giving teams a good bang for their buck.
They're 2 points from 4th, 3 points from 2nd/3rd.

Let's get half way before making conclusions at least
Look at the games played column.. Edm has 2 games in hand. CGY 4. etc

Edit - Already said

I don't see CGY improving a ton. They look so disjointed, etc. Don't look like a close team. terrible starters. It's like they think you only have to play the 2nd/3rd periods.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Look at the games played column.. Edm has 2 games in hand. CGY 4. etc

Edit - Already said

I don't see CGY improving a ton. They look so disjointed, etc. Don't look like a close team. terrible starters. It's like they think you only have to play the 2nd/3rd periods.
(see above)

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Just because I like to rile up all the Leafs fans... :P

Brock Boeser has been as good as Auston Matthews this year.

Come at me.

500_F_1709353_fcDSqap4fPnXQxC42VNlVtdNu9OGfu.jpg

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
All we can do is assume every team collects 1 point for every game in hand. Every team can't win every game since they only play each other, and it's hard to predict OT games.

So that would give us (if games were all even):

Toronto - 29
Montreal - 25
Winnipeg - 23
Edmonton - 22
Calgary - 21
Vancouver - 17
Ottawa - 11

Is that "insurmountable" with 26 games to play? To To make up 5 points to crack top 4?
Many of us are watching to see if you can knock out Edmonton. A little streak could change things fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad