Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
So wtf happened to Vancouver? Because I picked them to take top spot. They went the furthest in the playoffs last year. They looked incredible. What the hell?
I still think they have a bright future but I did see this coming this year. They had a really bad offseason. Lost too much.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Oh, ok I will endeavor to be clear. I agree that there is no Leafs hating conspiracy on the board. However, I contend that there are many individuals who go out of their way to hate on the Leafs. I do not think these individuals are involved in any conspiracy against the Leafs.
That’s fine. There are many leaf fans that do think there is a group of “haters” I’m sure there are some posters that dislike the leafs. There’s also posters that dislike Edmonton, or Montreal, hell sometimes I see a cluster of posters that hate the jets. Yet I don’t see the sheer amount of posts like the one I commented on earlier from any of those fanbases.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
That’s fine. There are many leaf fans that do think there is a group of “haters” I’m sure there are some posters that dislike the leafs. There’s also posters that dislike Edmonton, or Montreal, hell sometimes I see a cluster of posters that hate the jets. Yet I don’t see the sheer amount of posts like the one I commented on earlier from any of those fanbases.
oh come on, no other team gets the overall league wide hate like the Leafs do

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
I think it’s far overblown how much “hate” they get. I get told my posts are leaf hate constantly yet no one can find a single one to prove it. Maybe people are sick of the posts like the one I commented on which is very common on here. And they’re replies are being interpreted as hate.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Its all fun and games for the leafs until they realize they have to play Montreal next game.. and they are running out of games against Ottawa this season

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Its all fun and games for the leafs until they realize they have to play Montreal next game.. and they are running out of games against Ottawa this season
They seem to be playing fine against Montreal. They've been the better teamn.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
I think it’s far overblown how much “hate” they get. I get told my posts are leaf hate constantly yet no one can find a single one to prove it. Maybe people are sick of the posts like the one I commented on which is very common on here. And they’re replies are being interpreted as hate.
They are without a doubt the most hated team on here.

Reactions: kevinsane

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I dont see anywhere close to as many people who express as much hate towards any other team like the leafs get. people go out of their way to laugh at their short comings. vheck out Steve Dangle after the Zamboni driver or really any game where leafs blow a big lead. the views and comments are through the roof from other fans.
Leafs are also the most hated around all Canadian teams due to the media.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
I dont see anywhere close to as many people who express as much hate towards any other team like the leafs get. people go out of their way to laugh at their short comings. vheck out Steve Dangle after the Zamboni driver or really any game where leafs blow a big lead. the views and comments are through the roof from other fans.
Leafs are also the most hated around all Canadian teams due to the media.

It's so overblown. I told people this week that blown lead to Ottawa would be quickly forgotten because they'll win the next 2 games.
Remember William Nylander making 6.9 per? OMG worst contract ever! LOL

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I do. When I see them I usually ignore them or if they particularly irk me I comment with the word "nonsense" and then ignore it. Everyone does things differently.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
They are without a doubt the most hated team on here.

This isn't a dig at the Leafs, but I think Leafs fans sometimes overestimate the team's place in the collective consciousness of the other fanbases. I don't spend a lot of time thinking about the Leafs and don't feel a strong rivalry with them. They don't have any dirty or unlikable players, and haven't beaten my team in the postseason or won enough Cups recently for me to develop a dislike towards them, no offense intended. At the moment they're just a young, talented yet unproven team that may or may not fulfill their potential to win a Cup or two.

Maybe it's different between other Canadian teams or a historic rival like Boston, but I'd wager the majority of American fanbases hold a relatively neutral view towards Toronto, despite the frequent insistence on this site that everyone hates the franchise.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
This isn't a dig at the Leafs, but I think Leafs fans sometimes overestimate the team's place in the collective consciousness of the other fanbases. I don't spend a lot of time thinking about the Leafs and don't feel a strong rivalry with them. They don't have any dirty or unlikable players, and haven't beaten my team in the postseason or won enough Cups recently for me to develop a dislike towards them, no offense intended. At the moment they're just a young, talented yet unproven team that may or may not fulfill their potential to win a Cup or two.

Maybe it's different between other Canadian teams or a historic rival like Boston, but I'd wager the majority of American fanbases hold a relatively neutral view towards Toronto, despite the frequent insistence on this site that everyone hates the franchise.

Leaf fans get that based on what they see. Leafs are commented on so much by other fans.

Reactions: Critical13

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com

There are lots of good fans out there who share the same views as you. and this isnt just a HF Board thing. I see trolls in just about every Leafs related article with a comment section.
other teams obviously have this too I just see alot more Leafs trolls.

Reactions: AD1066

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
The easiest division in NHL history.
I take it you were not a live to witness the Norris division in the 80's? The division was so horrific, teams that were second to last in the entire NHl made the playoffs. That's the only way Leafs under Ballard would ever see the playoffs. Leafs, North stars, Dead Wings, Blues, Hawks, Yikes.. This is 1984-85 season Keep in mind they played each other a lot.

Norris Division
St. Louis Blues*8037311286.538299288-0.04-0.18
Chicago Black Hawks*803835783.519309299-0.05-0.18
Detroit Red Wings*8027411266.413313357-0.66-0.11
Minnesota North Stars*8025431262.388268321-0.77-0.10
Toronto Maple Leafs802052848.300253358-1.36-0.0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
On the Fan590 this morning someone said that American players (or players on American teams) were concerned that players on Canadian teams will dominate the awards this year due to the Canadian press focusing on North Division games more and not seeing what's happening south of the border.

Good point, but there's also the fact that the North division has 7 of the top 8 point getters this year and the top 5 goal scorers. So, there's that.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
They lost their #1 goalie in Markstrom and defenceman Tanev to UFA (both signed in Calgary).
Toffoli signed in Montreal

You know like changes that happen in the off season impacted them. They're not exactly the same team that went to the playoffs last season. And those changes were significant according to their goal differentials. Yikes! :eek:
Monetary contract reasons?

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
On the Fan590 this morning someone said that American players (or players on American teams) were concerned that players on Canadian teams will dominate the awards this year due to the Canadian press focusing on North Division games more and not seeing what's happening south of the border.

Good point, but there's also the fact that the North division has 7 of the top 8 point getters this year and the top 5 goal scorers. So, there's that.

The 2 top point scorers are the same as last year...

What has changed really? Even someone like Marner had 94 points 2 years ago when he wasn't in his prime. Matthews had 47 goals in 70 games.

Reactions: Critical13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad