Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Jet fans ... I think many were anxious to see Dubois . Why hasn't the team played better? Thought for certain he would bring them a big edge.

Lets talk after PLD has played 10+ games for the Jets. A couple of games is to short a time to make any major assessments. That said if PLD plays close to his average play for the BJs then Jets will be a much better team.

Last edited:

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
On a different note, am I crazy for thinking that Ottawa has a much better team than they have shown so far?

I mean they beat my Habs, the Leafs and the Jets. They have three budding stars in Chabot, Stutzle and Tkachuk and seem to play hard and their hustle is always there.

If their goaltending holds up, are there others who think that they may actually be competitive?

Will be someday but not this season. The Young talent is there but unfortunately once these young players gain enough experience and become top players in the league ownership will dump them for more draft picks instead of paying them what they are worth. Ottawa has the worst ownership in the league.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
The North division has been the least interesting division to watch, imo. Some of that is because Sportsnet is broadcasting too many of the games, but it still lacks interesting hockey.

I agree I hope that next year the NHL goes back to their regular divisions. Playing the same team 9/10 times sucks and is boring.

Reactions: Habano

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I agree Tavares is 100% responsible for the mistake he made when Ottawa scored their 2nd goal.

I'm just pointing out that if Andersen doesn't make his mistake prior to what Tavares did chances are the score remains 5-1 Toronto going into the 3rd period instead of 5-2.

You said 50% of the blame should go to Andersen and not 100% of the blame should be on Tavares

Reactions: hn777

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
:laugh:

Only insecure people get “embarrassed” by team
gaining the loser point.

Well Jets franchise is the most irrelevant franchise in the history of NHL hockey.

Then why is the Leafs GDT freaking out over one lost against the Sens? A Leaf supporter suggested I check the Leaf board so I did tonight. LOL! The panic in the Leafs GDT is hilarious considering how well the Leafs have done this year. On the main board many Leaf fans are full of confidence and love to shoot down any criticism of their team but on their own board it is panic city after one lost to Ottawa.

BTW I am a Jet fans that thinks the Leafs are probably the best team in the division.

Last edited:

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
The jets are very lucky they have better goaltending, if edmonton goalies could make a save I don't think the jets have 5 goals. Edmonton still gets those goals though, even with Hellebuyck playing a vezina caliber. The jets have nothing going for them tonight other than Helle.

Totally agree the Oilers were better team tonight but the Jets won so at the end of the season that 2 points is all the matters.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I always look forward to seeing the habs play other Canadian teams. They just feel more special than the usual games, and there's few non Canadian teams that give that kind of feeling for me.

However, think the one thing that really sucks about this is the lack of fans. You realize how much flavour the fans add to the game only when they are no longer there. These all Canadian matchups usually featured a more festive atmosphere than other matchups, and I think it would have been that much better if we had that element in play.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
obviously I meant land borders. Unless you think people fly when traveling from Toronto to Buffalo. They certainly don't traveling from Vancouver to Seattle or any other major cities that border one another along the CAN/US land border.

Technically speaking you can get in to the US via land boarder if you have a valid US passport, unless I'm wrong.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
LOL! You are right I never visited the Leaf board until tonight after their blown lead against the Sens. Wow! The anger after admittedly a bad loss for a team that has been dominating the North Division is quite surprising and a much different take then what Leafs fans post on the main board.

After reading some of the Leafs GDT tonight I've come to realised that all hockey fans and most definitely all Canadian hockey fans are the same.

The panic from Leaf fans on the Leaf board tonight is silly. No matter how good your team is you will always have bad games during a season. I may have issues with some Leaf fans on the main board but I do know they have a good team. But so do my Jets, the Habs and maybe even the Oilers.

I come to realise the most critical people of my team or any teams are it's own fans.
You have to read it for a few consecutive games and note the chicken littles that come out after losses and disappear after wins.

Reactions: libertarian

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Then why is the Leafs GDT freaking out over one lost against the Sens? A Leaf supporter suggested I check the Leaf board so I did tonight. LOL! The panic in the Leafs GDT is hilarious considering how well the Leafs have done this year. On the main board many Leaf fans are full of confidence and love to shoot down any criticism of their team but on their own board it is panic city after one lost to Ottawa.

BTW I am a Jet fans that thinks the Leafs are probably the best team in the division.

Leafs GDT is like watching people react to every ebb and flow of the game.

In here is equivalent like watching the season unfold.

The insecure lowlifes will come in here do their sniping and then disappear when they have nothing to say.

It’s clockwork really.

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
Technically speaking you can get in to the US via land boarder if you have a valid US passport, unless I'm wrong.

Anyone who is a US citizen or has residency status in the US is going to cross the land border into the US without much impediment.

For the Canadians, fly into the US, have your vehicle and personal effects brought in to the US by any transport company on a Customs form 3299 and, there you have it, for the cost of plane tickets and $1500 or so for the transport company...you, your vehicle and your stuff can all meet up and you can spend the next 180 days snowbirding in Florida.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
On a different note, am I crazy for thinking that Ottawa has a much better team than they have shown so far?

I mean they beat my Habs, the Leafs and the Jets. They have three budding stars in Chabot, Stutzle and Tkachuk and seem to play hard and their hustle is always there.

If their goaltending holds up, are there others who think that they may actually be competitive?

They have very nice pieces no doubt, but they also have a lot of crap on that team. I think I saw like 8 or 10 odd-man rushes for Toronto last night. They will lose more than they win until they can getter better depth and rid themselves of those mistakes.

Having said that, since that Vancouver debacle, they have shown fight in every game and have won games against the top 3 teams in the division. There is light at the end of the tunnel for Ottawa.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I agree I hope that next year the NHL goes back to their regular divisions. Playing the same team 9/10 times sucks and is boring.
That wouldn’t likely happen even if the did keep the current divisions. The NHL isn’t going to strictly divisional play. There would still be inter-division matchups.

I agree that they should go back, but that’s for the sake of start times.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
The last time the Jets loss their Finnish star they folded like a circus tent and moved to Arizona.
You got that backward. They were already moving to Arizona; they got rid of Selanne because the new (Arizona) owners decided they couldn't afford both Selanne and Keith Tkachuk. Plus, Selanne was dealing with some fairly major injuries in the early part of his career, and they questioned whether he'd have a long career. Guess they were wrong about that. In Winnipeg the fans were shattered by Selanne leaving, but they were already grieving the upcoming loss of the team, so it was just one more turd dropped on our head by the subhumans that bought the team.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I agree Tavares is 100% responsible for the mistake he made when Ottawa scored their 2nd goal.

I'm just pointing out that if Andersen doesn't make his mistake prior to what Tavares did chances are the score remains 5-1 Toronto going into the 3rd period instead of 5-2.
Why dont you go back a bit and blame the guy who messed up the play that had to force Andersson to either play the puck or cover it? He’s the real reason for forcing Taveras to have to make a bad pass with 9 seconds left. :huh:o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad