Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Yes every Leafs fan would agree with that. However if they had lost in regulation it would be even worse, so at least they banked 1 point in the standings because you never know when that could mean come the end of the regular season.

Yeah the silver lining is you guys got a point. I can agree with that. But it's not a point to make to try and one up someone like some posters here are trying to do

eliasjx

Apr 23, 2018
Vancouver
Oilers don't draft and develop anything. They take their first overall and very high draft picks and put them first in line for the firing squad. As is tradition.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
No, the Jets aren't lucky they have better goal tending lol . That's why you draft and develop tending

The jets are very lucky they have better goaltending, if edmonton goalies could make a save I don't think the jets have 5 goals. Edmonton still gets those goals though, even with Hellebuyck playing a vezina caliber. The jets have nothing going for them tonight other than Helle.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
You guys are also good losing your star players.

Yupp. Chevy and Maurice prefer aging vets than their young stars. Not something I agree with. Preaching to the choir. You're just agreeing because your ego has been hurt. Which is quite obvious from your posts still talking poop

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah the silver lining is you guys got a point. I can agree with that. But it's not a point to make to try and one up someone like some posters here are trying to do
Since your a Jets fan didn't you think at least they would have gone to overtime to get that 1 point and didn't expect them to allow a goal with 8 seconds left.

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
Toronto has a history of choking, that's the point. It might be just something in the air, that exists since 1967.

A timeline since the Leafs last Stanley Cup year

First, Harold Ballard was an evil bastard who I'm sure is on fire somewhere being tormented by little demons with something sharp and pointy. If you want to know WHY the Leafs haven't won in so long it starts with him.

The Leafs 60s dynasty ('62, '63, '64, '67) overlapped with the Habs 60s dynasty ('65, '66, '68, '69). And from what I know about that Leafs team they were considered old and past their prime, and they were one of those "greater than the sum of its parts" kind of teams.

Then there was that defenceman who played for Boston who totally revolutionized hockey. The Bruins demolished the Leafs in 4 straight in 1969, including the laughable opening home games where the Leafs were outscored 0-17. After that the Leafs franchise kept going downhill.

The Bruins peaked after spanking the Leafs the previous year. They won in '70 and '72 (and should have won in between, the 1971 Bruins are one of the biggest chokejobs/upsets ever in my humble opinion)

Then the Habs won their 4th Cup since 1967 and showed no signs of regressing. The Flyers bullied the league for two straight Cups, then the Habs owned the league during their '70s dynasty.

Then the 80s happened for the Leafs. And at this point I'll stop because there is simply too much history to recount.

Last edited:

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Yupp. Chevy and Maurice prefer aging vets than their young stars. Not something I agree with. Preaching to the choir. You're just agreeing because your ego has been hurt. Which is quite obvious from your posts still talking poop

Just stating facts.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
The jets are very lucky they have better goaltending, if edmonton goalies could make a save I don't think the jets have 5 goals. Edmonton still gets those goals though, even with Hellebuyck playing a vezina caliber. The jets have nothing going for them tonight other than Helle.

Having good goal tending isn't luck tho. Or else every team is lucky to have any good player. Are the Oilers lucky they have McDavid or Drai or is a result of being terrible for a decade?

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
As far as I know goalies' salary are part of the salary cap so they're part of the team. If you get an elite goalie that eats up a good amount of your cap space you're left with less money for your skaters. Having a good goalie is not "luck".

Reactions: Theodore450

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Having good goal tending isn't luck tho. Or else every team is lucky to have any good player. Are the Oilers lucky they have McDavid or Drai or is a result of being terrible for a decade?
I never said the jets were lucky to have good goaltending, I said the jets were lucky Edmonton doesn't.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
As far as I know goalies' salary are part of the salary cap so they're part of the team. If you get an elite goalie that eats up a good amount of your cap space you're left with less money for your skaters. Having a good goalie is not "luck".
again, I didn't say the jets were lucky to have good goaltending, I said the jets are lucky Edmonton doesn't.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Tavares had an absolutely terrible giveaway on the Sens second goal. Remember, the Leafs were seconds away, while on the power play, from heading into the 3rd period up 5-1. Tavares’ terrible giveaway caused a goal against and the momentum completely shifted.

Reactions: hn777

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Tavares had an absolutely terrible giveaway on the Sens second goal. Remember, the Leafs were seconds away, while on the power play, from heading into the 3rd period up 5-1. Tavares’ terrible giveaway caused a goal against and the momentum completely shifted.
It's easy to blame Tavares without remembering how before that when Frederik Andersen had tried a long pass that was taken away, which eventually caused Tavares to make his mistake. So if Andersen freezes the puck or does a safer pass than Ottawa never scores to make it 5-2.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
It's easy to blame Tavares without remembering how before that when Frederik Andersen had tried a long pass that was taken away, which eventually caused Tavares to make his mistake. So if Andersen freezes the puck or does a safer pass than Ottawa never scores to make it 5-2.

Tavares makes $11M a year. You’d hope he’d make a much better play than he did. That one is on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad