Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Tavares makes $11M a year. You’d hope he’d make a much better play than he did. That one is on him.
Yes Tavares made a mistake. However if Andersen doesn't go for the home run pass trying for a late goal since they were on the power play, than that's a mistake Tavares won't eventually make. So 50% of the blame goes to Andersen and not 100% should be on Tavares.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Yes Tavares made a mistake. However if Andersen doesn't go for the home run pass trying for a late goal since they were on the power play, than that's a mistake Tavares won't eventually make. So 50% of the blame goes to Andersen and not 100% should be on Tavares.

Nah, not really. I guess the pass from Andersen was stupid, but what the hell was Tavares doing?! He deserved an assist for that.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Winnipeg lost themselves at least 1 point in the standings when Ottawa. Yes Toronto blew a 5-1 lead and there is no excuse for that. However besides Leafs hate which is the reason for that comment, I think both loses the Leafs and Jets had are equally bad.
So does that make your comment jets hate?

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
The last time the Jets loss their Finnish star they folded like a circus tent and moved to Arizona.

Yupp, but people also weren't showing up to games. Jets have had season tickets sold out since they got back

Winnipeg is also a lot bigger since 30 years ago

Last edited:

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
The last time the Jets loss their Finnish star they folded like a circus tent and moved to Arizona.
I’d actually imagine that a circus tent wouldn’t be that easy to fold up. Their massive and I’d actually wager a guess that they don’t fold up at all with all the poles and such.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
It's easy to blame Tavares without remembering how before that when Frederik Andersen had tried a long pass that was taken away, which eventually caused Tavares to make his mistake. So if Andersen freezes the puck or does a safer pass than Ottawa never scores to make it 5-2.
Awful sad to be blaming the 2nd best goalie in the north division like that

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Technically they had already "folded like a circus tent".
The team was already sold to the new PHX ownership group and it was their "brain trust" that decided to keep and build around Tkachuk and trade Selanne.

The Jets final year in Winnipeg was after the team was sold and it was decided that they couldn't get the move done in time. Selanne was traded during that final year.

Selanne and Kariya combined to beat the Jets in the final regular season game.
This meant the Jets finished 8th and had to play the Red Wings who had just completed the best season at that point in NHL history. Had the Jets won that game they would have finished 4th and had home ice advantage on the Leafs. If that was the case there would be more ammo for someone to use in the ongoing online pissing contest between a small number of Leaf and Jets fans.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's easy to blame Tavares without remembering how before that when Frederik Andersen had tried a long pass that was taken away, which eventually caused Tavares to make his mistake. So if Andersen freezes the puck or does a safer pass than Ottawa never scores to make it 5-2.

Tavares' brainfart gave the Sens a tiny bit of life. That was a God-awful play on his part. The Leafs are up 5-1 with 9 seconds left in the period and on the PP. It was practically game over. Then Tavares makes a nicer pass to Watson than he's probably made in a few games to his own teammates, Paul bangs home the rebound, and suddenly the Leafs only have a 3 goal lead and lost a bit of the momentum.

There was literally zero reason for Tavares to do what he did. Zero. He wasn't under any real pressure, he could have simply held onto the puck if he didn't have a proper outlet. Nine seconds left, full control of the puck, and he gave the Sens life.

But no, Andersen was the bigger culprit, like every single time the Leafs lose, right?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Tavares' brainfart gave the Sens a tiny bit of life. That was a God-awful play on his part. The Leafs are up 5-1 with 9 seconds left in the period and on the PP. It was practically game over. Then Tavares makes a nicer pass to Watson than he's probably made in a few games to his own teammates, Paul bangs home the rebound, and suddenly the Leafs only have a 3 goal lead and lost a bit of the momentum.

There was literally zero reason for Tavares to do what he did. Zero. He wasn't under any real pressure, he could have simply held onto the puck if he didn't have a proper outlet. Nine seconds left, full control of the puck, and he gave the Sens life.

But no, Andersen was the bigger culprit, like every single time the Leafs lose, right?

I think Tavares could purposely score on his own empty net and Leaf fans would blame Andersen. How you watch that play and blame Andersen is crazy.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street

Plenty of blame to go around. Tavares certainly killed the momentum. He should have been held accountable for that.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

First of all I said Tavares screwed up and made a stupid mistake.

However before the overtime started when Ray Ferraro was giving a quick recap of what happened, he specifically mentions the bad pass Andersen made right before the Tavares mistake.

So I was only saying what he said because it's very easy to only focus on the mistake Tavares made and if Andersen either freezes the puck or makes a safer pass than Tavares doesn't eventually make his mistake.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
First of all I said Tavares screwed up and made a stupid mistake.

However before the overtime started when Ray Ferraro was giving a quick recap of what happened, he specifically mentions the bad pass Andersen made right before the Tavares mistake.

So I was only saying what he said because it's very easy to only focus on the mistake Tavares made and if Andersen either freezes the puck or makes a safer pass than Tavares doesn't eventually make his mistake.

Tavares had full control of the puck at the time he gave it away. Who cares what Andersen did prior to that? Andersen could have done cartwheels and then snow angels instead of covering the puck, the result was Toronto had full control of the puck and Tavares decided to make a risky pass that was not needed with a 5-1 lead and only 9 seconds left in the period.

I don't get why you can't just rip on Tavares for a brain dead giveaway. It seems like you always have to soften the criticism by saying "yeah, but Andersen also made a mistake" or "yeah, but so and so probably should have been in position to cover for him" instead of just saying "Tavares shit the bed on that play, period".

This is a prime example of why I say Tavares is like the Teflon Don to some of you. He makes a horrific pass that literally gave the Sens life when they were basically out of it and their spirits crushed after Matthews made it 5-1, and you still find a way to spread around the blame instead of just calling him out, and him alone, for a terrible pass.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Tavares had full control of the puck at the time he gave it away. Who cares what Andersen did prior to that? Andersen could have done cartwheels and then snow angels instead of covering the puck, the result was Toronto had full control of the puck and Tavares decided to make a risky pass that was not needed with a 5-1 lead and only 9 seconds left in the period.

I don't get why you can't just rip on Tavares for a brain dead giveaway. It seems like you always have to soften the criticism by saying "yeah, but Andersen also made a mistake" or "yeah, but so and so probably should have been in position to cover for him" instead of just saying "Tavares shit the bed on that play, period".

This is a prime example of why I say Tavares is like the Teflon Don to some of you. He makes a horrific pass that literally gave the Sens life when they were basically out of it and their spirits crushed after Matthews made it 5-1, and you still find a way to spread around the blame instead of just calling him out, and him alone, for a terrible pass.
I agree Tavares is 100% responsible for the mistake he made when Ottawa scored their 2nd goal.

I'm just pointing out that if Andersen doesn't make his mistake prior to what Tavares did chances are the score remains 5-1 Toronto going into the 3rd period instead of 5-2.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Lmao, you’ve obviously never visited the Leafs boards.

LOL! You are right I never visited the Leaf board until tonight after their blown lead against the Sens. Wow! The anger after admittedly a bad loss for a team that has been dominating the North Division is quite surprising and a much different take then what Leafs fans post on the main board.

After reading some of the Leafs GDT tonight I've come to realised that all hockey fans and most definitely all Canadian hockey fans are the same.

The panic from Leaf fans on the Leaf board tonight is silly. No matter how good your team is you will always have bad games during a season. I may have issues with some Leaf fans on the main board but I do know they have a good team. But so do my Jets, the Habs and maybe even the Oilers.

I come to realise the most critical people of my team or any teams are it's own fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad