Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
I remember Dreger specifically would report everyday on Marner's contract negotiations a lot more than any of the other TSN Hockey Insiders or anyone at Sportsnet.

However on the day Marner signed his extension I believe Elliotte Friedman was the first one to report that news and I think Dreger was upset it wasn't him given all the time he spent that summer only focusing on Marner.

I lost so much respect for Dreger over that. It was such a side-show. And if those players were on any other team the media would have barely even reported it. All about getting attention. And no disrespect to a place like Columbus, but Marner was never leaving his hometown team and losing those 6 nationwide endorsement deals to join that team.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Elliott Friedman reported an NHL exec "Would Bet His House" Lou was stealing Marner away via offersheet. Lou within 2 days took Martin off the Leafs hands to help their cap LOL.
It was actually on July 2, 2019 when Dubas traded Martin back to the Islanders, so it was the day after Tavares signed in Toronto when Lou helped the Leafs with their cap, lol.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
On a different note, am I crazy for thinking that Ottawa has a much better team than they have shown so far?

I mean they beat my Habs, the Leafs and the Jets. They have three budding stars in Chabot, Stutzle and Tkachuk and seem to play hard and their hustle is always there.

If their goaltending holds up, are there others who think that they may actually be competitive?

Reactions: Petrus and Dache

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
On a different note, am I crazy for thinking that Ottawa has a much better team than they have shown so far?

I mean they beat my Habs, the Leafs and the Jets. They have three budding stars in Chabot, Stutzle and Tkachuk and seem to play hard and their hustle is always there.

If their goaltending holds up, are there others who think that they may actually be competitive?
Ottawa has a strong futuire. It's just not going to happen this year. But that Murray deal is a major misstep.

Reactions: Habano

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012

Having Brannstrom in and Zub playing quite well definitely helps. I think there have been a few games we've lost that we definitely could have won. But I don't think they will be competitive. They are getting lots of shots, but their offensive talent just isn't there for the most part. I watch way too many great plays turn to nothing because of lack of fire power.

Definitely a bright future, and much better in the last two weeks. But I don't think we are there just yet. Plus the vets we sign... They simply suck.

Reactions: NyQuil and Habano

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Having Brannstrom in and Zub playing quite well definitely helps. I think there have been a few games we've lost that we definitely could have won. But I don't think they will be competitive. They are getting lots of shots, but their offensive talent just isn't there for the most part. I watch way too many great plays turn to nothing because of lack of fire power.

Definitely a bright future, and much better in the last two weeks. But I don't think we are there just yet. Plus the vets we sign... They simply suck.
Not to mention that Dadonov has finally turned it on and I still believe White will be a very good player.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
"top 3 for Selke", "be prepared when he gets a Selke nomination", I'm proclaiming him to be a potential winner? WHAT? You realize that Selke nomination is finishing in the top 3 right? You know how the NHL awards work right? 1 guy who actually wins the award and 2 other guys who get nominated in the top 3 because they got the 2nd and 3rd highest votes. Unfortunately, the 2nd and 3rd place guys don't get the Selke too or a participation ribbon if that's something that concerns you as well.

Talk about crying for the sake of crying.
You're dancing very fast to rationalize your silly claim.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
What I don't understand is how bad Nuks, Flames, Oil, and Jets have been. Ottawa was a known commodity however not surprised they picked some wins against the horrible Western teams.

The Western teams are making the North division laughable and simply giving games away to Montreal and Toronto.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
What I don't understand is how bad Nuks, Flames, Oil, and Jets have been. Ottawa was a known commodity however not surprised they picked some wins against the horrible Western teams.

The Western teams are making the North division laughable and simply giving games away to Montreal and Toronto.

Ottawa has only won against Leafs, Habs and Jets.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Then McDavid does too...these 20 seconds of PK time per game are really meaningful!
They might be if he wins a draw or something. Besides, the point is that he does pk which dismisses the notion that he doesn't pk. As for McDavid, if he plays in the pk then he pks.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
You're dancing very fast to rationalize your silly claim.
I'm assuming you're using a translator to comment but this comment doesn't make sense. I'm sure it's some clever french expression though. I'm just saying you're getting your panties tied in a knot over me stating something that is clearly not what you're understanding. You're trying too hard.

Reactions: The Spring Samauri

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012

Are you from another dimension? It's only Vancouver that is embarrassing themselves against Toronto and Montreal.

Reactions: King K Rool

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm assuming you're using a translator to comment but this comment doesn't make sense. I'm sure it's some clever french expression though. I'm just saying you're getting your panties tied in a knot over me stating something that is clearly not what you're understanding. You're trying too hard.
You made a claim. You were called out. You tried backpedaling with lame excuses and dumb word games. End of story.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
You made a claim. You were called out. You tried backpedaling with lame excuses and dumb word games. End of story.
What claim? What did you call me out on? What backpedaling? Man, you are delusional. Get a grip.

Is it my fault you don't know what it means to get nominated? Or to be in the top 3 for an award? Or what the difference between an award winner and nominee is?

Reactions: The Spring Samauri

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Funny but I feel like the Leafs will lose 2 of 3 against the sens..
Wins against any team in the NHL is never a guarantee, however I would be surprised if the Leafs lose 2/3 against the Senators on home ice.

They didn't have a let down in their three straight home games that they played against Vancouver.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
What claim? What did you call me out on? What backpedaling? Man, you are delusional. Get a grip.

Is it my fault you don't know what it means to get nominated? Or to be in the top 3 for an award? Or what the difference between an award winner and nominee is?
Lol... still pretending that confused mess of an argument wasn't yours?

Keep tap dancing, dude. Your posts are there for all to see.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016

Oilers are 2-2 vs Toronto and 1-2 vs Montreal. I'm not really clear on what your definition of horrible is.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad