Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
It's 1-0 at the 42min mark.
Plenty of time lol
For Canada and their weak offense 1-0 minus well be 5-0 most of the time. They played pretty well for the first 20 mins or so and then after the goal, they haven't looked dangerous offensively since.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Argentina really asserted themselves in the final 10 minutes of the half.

1-0 isn't terrible.

Need some pace injected. Larin has been mostly ineffective.

Miss not having Buchanan's directness.
Larin and David are really weak at the international level. Completely lack the ability to win balls in the air and don't have the pace to generate any offense unless the ball is directly placed at their foot in a prime scoring chance (which never happens at this level).

Issue is we don't have guys that are any better.

Reactions: ranold26 and Tuggy

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Found a way to watch the game on mute. Better than nothing lol.

Canada is giving the ball away with the smallest of pressure sometimes no pressure at all. This is why Palacios the ball hound was needed. Argentina just content with passing the ball aimlessly waiting for the perfect play. Game isn’t over but both teams need to do better. Uruguay looking at this and laughing.

The challenge on Romero should’ve been a red card. Any higher and the ref wouldn’t easily pull it out. He should’ve imo.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I feel Davies has more running in him. JD's touches have been poor. Shaff is not a technical player so he's getting exposed a bit tonight. I actually felt Larin's distribution was decent but when you have to pass to Laryea.. very little positive will come from him. Pleased with everything else , one great run, great ball and a finish. Bombito will learn and grow.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I feel Davies has more running in him. JD's touches have been poor. Shaff is not a technical player so he's getting exposed a bit tonight. I actually felt Larin's distribution was decent but when you have to pass to Laryea.. very little positive will come from him. Pleased with everything else , one great run, great ball and a finish. Bombito will learn and grow.

Laryea is zero threat offensively.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The Nashville boy can’t cross today or pass. Usually I come away with an impression when I watch him. I think he can hack it in say Belgium or Netherlands.

Reactions: Blender

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Laryea is zero threat offensively.
Marsch says he wants to go for it... so hopefully he puts our best players up front and goes for it.

The Nashville boy can’t cross today or pass. Usually I come away with an impression when I watch him. I think he can hack it in say Belgium or Netherlands.
Rough one so far.. he's more of an action Jackson rather than precision.

Reactions: Tuggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad