Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I was going to say that was a potential red, but then the replay shows he barely touched him.

Stupid tackle though.

Reactions: Tuggy

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
This game is a good reminder that Canada is there because Chile shat the bed against Peru and had the unbelievable luck to face Venezuela after that. Still decades away from being a serious football threat.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Well.. You can at least tell Marsch is watching the game and is not afraid to do what's right. David was rancid

Reactions: Tuggy

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I think most people are fairly realistic.
If you were to search my username and "Shaffelburg" you would see a bunch of jokes of me quasi-ironically overhyping Jacob Shaffelburg, a player I very much like

I can't believe I live in a world where I have to explain that my joke post about Shaffelburg being compared to Messi was a joke post

It's a testament to how far Shaff has come I suppose

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
This game is a good reminder that Canada is there because Chile shat the bed against Peru and had the unbelievable luck to face Venezuela after that. Still decades away from being a serious football threat.
As we play against the top team in the World, having not lost but twice in 5 years. See yourself to the regular Copa thread.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Oso coming on.

I know now is probably not the time, but I've always been curious to see what Bair would look like. Maybe give him a run in the 3rd place match.

Choinière gets a go.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
If it was hockey, someone would go after Messi to avenge Davies.

Hockey is so stupid sometimes.
We have seen some instances of retribution after a player from one team gets knocked up/injured, just not very often.

I'll take hockey everyday over soccer. I can't stand all the fake injuries and laying around trying to waste time when you're up in the game. No soccer player would last even a period of hockey with how fragile they all are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad