Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Of all the kids, I'm most excited about Teel.

Always been my philosophy that if you've got a catcher who can take and bat middle of the order, everything else will be set from there. An elite catcher is the rarest Shiny Pokemon.

IMO he will be solid, .260-.275 BA 15-18 HR and a consistent 60-70 RBI guy, which I will gladly take along with a great arm.
He will compliment Wong nicely as a RH and LH bat combo.
He should get a promotion to AAA for the rest of the season, has nothing else to prove at AA.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Isn't that us?
Hamilton fine and Grissom in AAA

I’m good with that

Campbell is per mlb (not Red Sox) evaluator a future star

Their International scouting is stuff I read outstanding

The Red Sox carry a lot of weight in those countries because of past and present players & staff

The pitcher Perales who tore UCL last month was trending to be one of top prospects in game

Huge loss hope he’s back in 26

Always been my philosophy that if you've got a catcher who can take and bat middle of the order, everything else will be set from there. An elite catcher is the rarest Shiny Pokemon.
His bat is big time and he’s athletic but he’s still developing his behind the plate game

His bat now is ahead and he hits the ball hard and can really get it thru the zone

A Wong/Teel duo excites me

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
IMO he will be solid, .260-.275 BA 15-18 HR and a consistent 60-70 RBI guy, which I will gladly take along with a great arm.
He will compliment Wong nicely as a RH and LH bat combo.
He should get a promotion to AAA for the rest of the season, has nothing else to prove at AA.
Yup pretty exciting, right ?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

I loved those 70 teams - Fisk made it go

They were entertaining as heck

When they let him and Lynn go I can say I hated them

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
I loved those 70 teams - Fisk made it go

They were entertaining as heck

When they let him and Lynn go I can say I hated them
Imagine where the Sox would have been in the '80s if Buddy LeRoux and Haywood Sullivan weren't at the helm. Dwight Evans wrote in his new book that he asked for a trade in '83 because they didn't have a commitment to winning. That was already apparent after Fisk and Lynn in '80, though.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

His bat is big time and he’s athletic but he’s still developing his behind the plate game

A Wong/Teel duo excites me

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Kristian Campbell​

OF

BOSTON RED SOX
Ht:
6-3
Wt:
Bats:
R
Throws:
R
Preseason Ranking: NR

Maybe the biggest breakout prospect in the minors this year, Campbell was a fourth-round pick last year out of Georgia Tech, where he played 45 games in one season as a redshirt freshman. He’s an excellent athlete who destroyed High A to start 2024, moved up to Double A in June, and has hit .388/.488/.590 at the higher level with just a 17 percent strikeout rate. There’s some BABIP hilarity happening here — he’s at .466 since the promotion, which, I hate to break it to Red Sox fans, is not sustainable — but he has outstanding hand-eye coordination to keep hitting for a high average, and he’s hitting the ball harder and for more power this year. This was a fantastic pick by Boston’s scouting department, with area scout Kirk Fredriksson leading the way.
Photo:
AP
AP23256474551136-scaled.jpg

• Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

Kristian Campbell​

OF

BOSTON RED SOX
Ht:
6-3
Wt:
Bats:
R
Throws:
R
Preseason Ranking: NR

Maybe the biggest breakout prospect in the minors this year, Campbell was a fourth-round pick last year out of Georgia Tech, where he played 45 games in one season as a redshirt freshman. He’s an excellent athlete who destroyed High A to start 2024, moved up to Double A in June, and has hit .388/.488/.590 at the higher level with just a 17 percent strikeout rate. There’s some BABIP hilarity happening here — he’s at .466 since the promotion, which, I hate to break it to Red Sox fans, is not sustainable — but he has outstanding hand-eye coordination to keep hitting for a high average, and he’s hitting the ball harder and for more power this year. This was a fantastic pick by Boston’s scouting department, with area scout Kirk Fredriksson leading the way.
Photo:
AP
AP23256474551136-scaled.jpg
Team is ridiculously stacked positionally. Will be the next Braves, easily. Good times ahead

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Story will be the SS wonder what they do with Mayer next season

Arias going to be a stud also

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Story will be the SS wonder what they do with Mayer next season

Arias going to be a stud also
I would move Story to 2B once Mayer is ready to play at the MLB level.
Our dee improves at both positons once this happens and CF can play full time in centerfield which I think is his best position.
Yorke might be blocked for a while as I would keep Hamilton as the backup infielder. We need his speed and versatility.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Mayer can play the other 158 games at shortstop Story isn't healthy for.
I was actually thinking pretty much same but Cora loves him

For sure, our future is bright, even if we only hit on 3 of the top 5.
We just need some pitching and we can challenge.
I think Hendriks is throwing again and building up arm strength.
Having Giolito in the rotation next year will be a plus.
Martin & Slaton get 2 maybe all 4 in LA & Colorado but even crappy splitting them they end up 3-3

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The Theo Epstein approach is that you develop your hitting in house and you buy your pitching on the market

Breslow comes from the same school
Sox did this pretty much with 70 power house lineups

Evans
Fisk
Cooper
Burleson
Oglivie
Rice
Lynn
Hobson

They developed Lee & Stanley but traded for Wise & Cleveland and signed Tiant off scrap heap

The
Fisk
Copper
Lynn
Rice
Evans

Shoulda been one for the ages

Toss in Burleson as the glue in the middle & Yastrzemski as the iconic player

I still can’t believe they didn’t get 2-3 WS titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad