Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If Priestman didn't have currency winning the Olympic gold, i'll consider asking for her to be replaced. But really it wasn't the performance against Australia that cost them qualification to round of 16. It was the Nigeria performance and unfortunate missed penalty.
I think we still may see Bev move on. There were rumbling pre-tournament and I don't think her contract situation has been resolved.

From a footballing perspective, I don't think she has the tactical acumen to coach a side with ambitions of winning the WC. The Gold Medal was a great story, but it was a one off and a lucky one at that.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Great adds for the Whitecaps. Should bring more fans into seats as well.

It's going to be tight to get into the Western Conference playoffs but I think the Whitecaps have the tools they need to progress up the table a bit more.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think we still may see Bev move on. There were rumbling pre-tournament and I don't think her contract situation has been resolved.

From a footballing perspective, I don't think she has the tactical acumen to coach a side with ambitions of winning the WC. The Gold Medal was a great story, but it was a one off and a lucky one at that.
I don't think it really matters much who the manager is when Canada Soccer won't pay for proper training, friendlies, equipment, facilities, etc.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't think it really matters much who the manager is when Canada Soccer won't pay for proper training, friendlies, equipment, facilities, etc.
I don't know man....

Since Bev took over the team has scored 54 times in 41 games. Not good enough for a nation that plays a lot of its game within CONCACAF. When they have played better competition, the scoring has all but dried up. The Gold Medal was great, but they struggled from open play as soon as the competition ramped up in the knockouts. Recently the scoring issues have only gotten worse. They were blanked at the She Believes Cup and didn't look threatening in the slightest. Then this WC comes around and they score 1 goal and get a lucky own goal.

Obviously there are plenty of factors that play into the lack goals but I put a lot of that on Bev's tactics. She is too reliant on Beckie and when she went down there was no real answer for the attack. We just sprayed crosses into no one and hoped for the best.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
I don't know man....

Since Bev took over the team has scored 54 times in 41 games. Not good enough for a nation that plays a lot of its game within CONCACAF. When they have played better competition, the scoring has all but dried up. The Gold Medal was great, but they struggled from open play as soon as the competition ramped up in the knockouts. Recently the scoring issues have only gotten worse. They were blanked at the She Believes Cup and didn't look threatening in the slightest. Then this WC comes around and they score 1 goal and get a lucky own goal.

Obviously there are plenty of factors that play into the lack goals but I put a lot of that on Bev's tactics. She is too reliant on Beckie and when she went down there was no real answer for the attack. We just sprayed crosses into no one and hoped for the best.

Money is thought to solve all issues.

But that is rarely the case.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006

Large game out on the East Coast against Pacific. Attack bolstered.

Reactions: robertmac43

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
So... can you please clarify, you are FOR the CSB deal? Don't you see how it is the direct cause of what is happening right now?

Of course it's always the "greedy players" and "entitled youth."

Won't someone think of the poor owners!

Canada has become a haven for crony capitalism. Slimy people getting into positions of power to solely line their own along with their friends pockets.

But yeah, Sinclair, Davies and David are ruining Canadian soccer!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad