Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
John Herdman has proven to be a builder and get players to believe and buy in. The CMNT was playing really inspiring and purposeful football.

John Herdman has also been susceptible to trying the same things over and over again and shown a complete inability to make changes in-game. The 2022 WC wasn't good. The Nations League finals really showed how passive the guy can.

The issue is...this nation cannot afford anyone better and will likely seek out a cheap inexperienced manager who will get bullied by that dressing room.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
With no money in the coffers, I don't see a resolution to this.

I doubt there can be government intervention when there is already an outcry over how much 2026 is going to cost tax payers.

It's a nightmare I don't see us waking up from.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Much needed timeline cleanse:
20230818_151346.jpg

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Feels like a major point in history now for soccer in this country.

Men’s team facing uncertainty and need for continued development.

Women’s team facing the same financial uncertainty and now also facing the prospect of dropping out of the Top 10 as the traditional soccer countries have finally caught up to and surpassed them in talent.

They either persevere and grow through the WC in 2026, or the entire thing crashes and burns and becomes untenable.

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
It's all so discouraging.

Every week there seems be something negative coming out.

I'm just numb to it at this point.

Overheard a major issue now is major corporations paying next to nothing to be given "sponsor" status. Really wish we had a large Canadian corporation step up and really help out...

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It's all so discouraging.

Every week there seems be something negative coming out.

I'm just numb to it at this point.
Sucks that it's this early on in the "golden generation" as well. We should be celebrating this great team with every chance we get....

Reactions: Tuggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad