Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Posted in the Women's thread and wanted to add it in here as well. WNT has pulled out of the Pan Am Games, likely due to a lack of funds....

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Good for Liam. Got to see his game on the weekend. Played very well. He has the pedigree to be great depth for us.

On a side note, how did we get here? Seems like yesterday my tears and buggars were frozen to my face at BMO when we qualified for Qatar. Such a kick in the nuts to have such incompetence running our program at this crucial moment.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
On a side note, how did we get here? Seems like yesterday my tears and buggars were frozen to my face at BMO when we qualified for Qatar. Such a kick in the nuts to have such incompetence running our program at this crucial moment.
Agreed man. Crazy that both sides of the program are struggling this much. Never would have seen it coming a year ago.

Reactions: al secord

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
Koleosho also looking really good. I really hope we try and make that one permanent in the coming windows.

Will likely be tough with the ongoing financial struggles and lack of a manager.

Unfortunately the way he is playing, I don't have much hope. USA or Italy will probably tie him soon enough

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Tajon is out due to injury. He is just coming back now and I don't think Brugge wanted to risk anything so soon after his return.

Love the Choiiere addition and much of the team. Wish we would have seen Koleosho, unfortunately I think that ship has sailed.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Interesting call up with the 17 year old de Fougerolles.

Always good to see some young (new) talent into the squad.
I have been following him loosely over the past 6 months. Would be a great add for the future.

In general the program needs to be on our eligible youth earlier in their careers. Got to ingrain them in Canada Soccer before other programs swoop in.

Reactions: al secord and Tuggy

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Interesting call up with the 17 year old de Fougerolles.

Always good to see some young (new) talent into the squad.
Especially at the back...and the left side ta boot. No offense Kamal.

A healthy Cornelius is good to see (knock on wood) hopefully he sees big minutes against Japan.

Reactions: Tuggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad