Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Awful call by the official wiping out the Forge goal after the miracle save as there is no way that was a foul and it probably cost us the championship.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Big one tonight!

First leg of the Nations League QF in Jamaica. First big match post Herdman.

Winners of the QF will advance to the Nations League final AND qualify for the 2024 Copa America. Losers will go into the Copa America qualifying playoffs.

So lots on the line.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I have not been this nervous for a CMNT team game since early on in the WCQ cycle.

Feels like we have taken a couple of steps back and with Herdman gone the team is in a strange state of flux. A win tonight would be great. At the very least, I want us coming home with the clean sheet.

Reactions: Pink Mist and Tuggy

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I have not been this nervous for a CMNT team game since early on in the WCQ cycle.

Feels like we have taken a couple of steps back and with Herdman gone the team is in a strange state of flux. A win tonight would be great. At the very least, I want us coming home with the clean sheet.
I fear we are back to the pre golden generation days. Look at the U-17 results. Those were absolutely pathetic.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I fear we are back to the pre golden generation days. Look at the U-17 results. Those were absolutely pathetic.

This squad will come out rusty and look all sorts of crap tonight and it won't surprise me one bit if they lose. Mauro Biello is not a good manager which will make the task even tougher.

Also, **** corruption in Canada. All the money embezzled into the pockets of rich ***holes. 1 friendly in the past calendar year. The US, Mexico and even Guatamala got to play 6 in 2023.

/rant

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
We have never been good at the youth level, I wouldn't put much stock into those results.
I still remember '96 and '97 when Hargreaves was too short.

Delayed at least two hours.

Wonder if they'll even play...
I doubt it. My friend in Jamaica said it's been raining for days and no sign of a let up. No irrigation. Hope I'm wrong

He wasn't good enough. The tough conversation should have been with Atiba.

Reactions: Tuggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad