Cam Talbot - Mod warning #251

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

And missing about 20 emoticons.

The only thing to dislike about Kreider becoming a good player is that that's the one thing bern ever got right but he'll never stop his "detractors" from hearing about it.

Is "detractors" code for the voices in his head?

Great game from Cam, really turned it around since that miserable stretch.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I know it's a crazy thought, but with hank still not cleared; at what point would Talbot be the goto guy to ride out the rest of the year? If Hank wasn't ready until 2 games into the 2nd round, do you just toss him in? Or do you stick with what you have through the playoffs? Would be a tough call.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
This guy is legit. Teams like Edmonton should be circling his wagon for sure. We are blessed to how such a solid backup! Would be interesting to see Cam and Henrik's combined stats since december-ish. I remember Hank having crazy #'s just before his injury and Cam - after a shaky start - are posting impressive numbers as well.

Oh, but both are no Mac Skapski though ;)

DeadPuck

Jan 11, 2012
New Jersey
I know it's a crazy thought, but with hank still not cleared; at what point would Talbot be the goto guy to ride out the rest of the year? If Hank wasn't ready until 2 games into the 2nd round, do you just toss him in? Or do you stick with what you have through the playoffs? Would be a tough call.

Would hate to mess with the chemistry right now. He's gone from zero to hero.

DeadPuck

Jan 11, 2012
New Jersey
Dude... You are suffering from shiny new toy-syndrome. Old is bad, new is good. Bernmeister would be a guy to your liking. He will find a way to trade Lundqvist and build the team around Talbot.

There is no way in hell Talbot will or should start once Lundqvist is healthy. This is not Valiquette, Blackburn or Dunham you are trying to replace.

Even with this latest run by Cam, I can't argue this point..

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

Talbot has been great, but you go with your 10 year mega-star goalie, the greatest goalie and possibly the greatest Ranger ever. T-Bone will be a starter somewhere, just not in New York. It's too bad that he's not 3-4 years younger, he'd be Lundqvist's heir apparent that way.

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
Talbot has been great, but you go with your 10 year mega-star goalie, the greatest goalie and possibly the greatest Ranger ever. T-Bone will be a starter somewhere, just not in New York. It's too bad that he's not 3-4 years younger, he'd be Lundqvist's heir apparent that way.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

So, let's say you drive a Mercedes S-class. You bring it in for repairs, and you get to drive a VW Golf in the meantime. You are telling me you keep driving that Golf the moment your Mercedes is fixed?

It's not about fixing something that isn't broke. It's about playing the best players.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
So, let's say you drive a Mercedes S-class. You bring it in for repairs, and you get to drive a VW Golf in the meantime. You are telling me you keep driving that Golf the moment your Mercedes is fixed?

It's not about fixing something that isn't broke. It's about playing the best players.

Exactly... And I think if you asked every single Ranger on the team who the best goalie is, they're going to say Hank

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: #NYR G Cam Talbot named NHL's second star of the week. He was No. 3 last week”

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
This sounds pretty funny now...

Why? Because he's had a stretch of 9 good games as a starting goalie facing some of the lowest scoring chances against around the league?

Cam's been good. Great, actually, but let's hold the phone here.

Should probably trade Cam and Skapski for Hammond...

I say it every time, but continually lost in the Talbot discussion is how brilliantly the team in front of him is playing. Yesterday was probably Talbot's best performance by far. But, including yesterday, the Rangers have given up over 25 5v5 scoring chances against just three times since February 18th.

Here are the charts:

6dUzho3.png

This is since the 18th. Bubble size is scoring chances for/60

5ioKBXI.png

Since the 4th, when Talbot took over for Lundqvist:

YTrRoJ0.png

And here's an all season look to get a feel:

k33FWSV.png

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
“@stevezipay: #NYR G Cam Talbot named NHL's second star of the week. He was No. 3 last weekâ€

The 27-year-old Caledonia, Ont., native has appeared in 29 games this season, compiling a 17-6-4 record with a 2.19 goals-against average, .926 save percentage and five shutouts. He has earned at least one point in 15 of his last 16 appearances (12-1-3), yielding one goal or fewer through regulation in six straight games.

:amazed: That is insane.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Can you explain to me what your obsession with Talbot is?

Seriously.

Can't we just be happy that Talbot is playing great in Hank's absence AND also be acutely aware that he IS the backup and this IS Hank's team?

And people disagreeing about Talbot being better than Hank ever aren't haters of Talbot. I like Talbot a lot and he's been playing great. I can still acknowledge that he'll never be Lundqvist and that's okay.

Ranger Angst

May 3, 2009
Montreal

If Hank isn't back by playoff time & you're winning , you keep going with Cam.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Originally Posted by OnlyTruth View Post
No need to be sarcastic. I was right when you all bashed Talbot and I defended him. I will prove u wrong again.

No one has been more pro CAMBOT than me. I have been high on that ***** from day one last year. But he ain't Lundqvist.....yet. Time will tell what he becomes, and that statement you made is just wrong.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
We all know were this is going.

AV, Hank and Talbot will all be gone after this season.

Damn AV... Everywhere he goes he win a Presidents Trophy, but brings Glass and goalie controversy's with him.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Why? Because he's had a stretch of 9 good games as a starting goalie facing some of the lowest scoring chances against around the league?

Cam's been good. Great, actually, but let's hold the phone here.

Should probably trade Cam and Skapski for Hammond...

I say it every time, but continually lost in the Talbot discussion is how brilliantly the team in front of him is playing. Yesterday was probably Talbot's best performance by far. But, including yesterday, the Rangers have given up over 25 5v5 scoring chances against just three times since February 18th.

Here are the charts:

6dUzho3.png

This is since the 18th. Bubble size is scoring chances for/60

5ioKBXI.png

Since the 4th, when Talbot took over for Lundqvist:

YTrRoJ0.png

And here's an all season look to get a feel:

k33FWSV.png

I can't see us since the 18th in that chart. If it's the one with no team name then aren't we middle of the pack in chances allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad