Cam Talbot - Mod warning #251

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Move over, Cam. MacKenzie Skapski is the best goalie in Rangers history. Henrik is now a measly third stringer. Better send him to Hartford.

NYR90

Apr 15, 2012
Los Angeles
Lundqivst is going to the hall of fame. Lundqvist doesn't have to play another game in Rangers history and he still would go down as the greatest Rangers goalie, that's not up for debate. Hammond on the Sens, has just had 10 straight games of 2 goals or less, should we dump Talbot for him?

Agree with the bold I hope I didn't make it seem like there was doubt. I'm only saying sample size is important. Of course Hank has the stats to back it up, but opportunity hasn't been there for Cam yet. Or Hammond.

Look at any number of goalies who have had awesome 10-20 game stretches. How many of them are sure hall of famers and how many of them would be the best goalie in franchise history in a franchise like NYR? Very few.

It is definitely far out to assume that talbot has a good chance of being a hall of fame goalie based on what we've seen on him.

Absolutely and I understand this. Again sample size and opportunity limit that. More than likely he's nothing more than a great backup or decent starter, but people are saying its outrageous to think he could be that good, that's where I see foolishness.

Hank's first season of platooning with Weekes (I just looked back at old threads):
"Lundqvist has shown himself an NHL starter for a handful of games, so yes, he's starter capable. Is he an NHL starter? Only time will tell."

"Look, Lundqvist has been good but I think we are forgetting just how good Richter was in his prime."

" just honestly see a chance for lundqvist to be better than richter was. key word is *chance*. i don't know for sure though since he hasn't played a full year, but the skill and results are there now, and we'll see how it turns out. it's not impossible for another goalie to be better than richter...i love the guy for helping bring the cup to NY and all, but that doesn't mean he can never be surpassed. "

"if montoya turns out to be the better goalie, i have no problem trading lundqvist...i want whoever is gonna play the best for the rangers"

Hank won the friggin Gold medal when he was younger than what Talbot is now. Talbot is a good goalie but he will never ever be as good as Hank.

See the above quotes. There were doubters about him when he first entered the league especially by our own fans. And a lot of people thought it was heresy to think he could surpass Richter. Talbot has not had opportunity based on his development. But to this point in the NHL he has only shown great #'s on a great team. Could it be a fluke or a result of a good team, sure, but being definitive that it's not because he's elite... who knows

All I tried to say in my above post is that it's foolish to scream and put down anyone that says there is a chance he can be as good or better. And I see my post was taken as that I think he (Talbot) will be. I highly doubt he ever reaches that level that Hank has been on for 10 years. My $.02 so take it that for what it's worth.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
See the above quotes. There were doubters about him when he first entered the league especially by our own fans. And a lot of people thought it was heresy to think he could surpass Richter. Talbot has not had opportunity based on his development. But to this point in the NHL he has only shown great #'s on a great team. Could it be a fluke or a result of a good team, sure, but being definitive that it's not because he's elite... who knows

All I tried to say in my above post is that it's foolish to scream and put down anyone that says there is a chance he can be as good or better. And I see my post was taken as that I think he (Talbot) will be. I highly doubt he ever reaches that level that Hank has been on for 10 years. My $.02 so take it that for what it's worth.

I get your point. My point is that Hank was already considered elite at a younger age.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Dude... You are suffering from shiny new toy-syndrome. Old is bad, new is good. Bernmeister would be a guy to your liking. He will find a way to trade Lundqvist and build the team around Talbot.

There is no way in hell Talbot will or should start once Lundqvist is healthy. This is not Valiquette, Blackburn or Dunham you are trying to replace. This is the goalie who holds the record for most shutouts, most wins, most seasons with 30+ wins and he will have his number in the rafters before Talbot retires.

Talbot is doing great these last few games, but how quickly do some of you forget the cold streak this guy had in February. From the moment he replaced Lundqvist as our starter until the Columbus game his highest SV% in a game was .900, conceding a total of 28 goals in 9 games. If you label that as a cold streak, you should also label his most recent games as a hot streak. Nothing more, nothing less. The guy is a great back-up and ready to be a starter, but not with the Rangers. He is not better than Lundqvist. This idiot from the Washington Post just decides to write an article which is the most obvious clickbait article in recent months and you use it to justify your campaign to start Talbot over a healthy Lundqvist.

Please, just please, take a step back and look at the situation we are in. We are winning games and Talbot has been great, but in no way he is better than Lundqvist.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Dude... You are suffering from shiny new toy-syndrome. Old is bad, new is good. Bernmeister would be a guy to your liking. He will find a way to trade Lundqvist and build the team around Talbot.

There is no way in hell Talbot will or should start once Lundqvist is healthy. This is not Valiquette, Blackburn or Dunham you are trying to replace. This is the goalie who holds the record for most shutouts, most wins, most seasons with 30+ wins and he will have his number in the rafters before Talbot retires.

Talbot is doing great these last few games, but how quickly do some of you forget the cold streak this guy had in February. From the moment he replaced Lundqvist as our starter until the Columbus game his highest SV% in a game was .900, conceding a total of 28 goals in 9 games. If you label that as a cold streak, you should also label his most recent games as a hot streak. Nothing more, nothing less. The guy is a great back-up and ready to be a starter, but not with the Rangers. He is not better than Lundqvist. This idiot from the Washington Post just decides to write an article which is the most obvious clickbait article in recent months and you use it to justify your campaign to start Talbot over a healthy Lundqvist.

Please, just please, take a step back and look at the situation we are in. We are winning games and Talbot has been great, but in no way he is better than Lundqvist.

Girardi + Buchenvich + Fast + Klingberg for Kadri + 2nd
Lundqvist + Kadri + Halverson + Stepan + McIlrath + Nieves + Tambellini to the Oilers for Hall + Draisaitl + Yakupov + Gordon + 2014 1st round pick

Did I do well?

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Lundqvist + Kadri + Halverson + Stepan + McIlrath + Nieves + Tambellini to the Oilers for Hall + Draisaitl + Yakupov + Gordon + 2014 1st round pick

Did I do well?

Post didn't take up half the thread page, so I give it a C-

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Did I do well?

Use the word "flip"...

Girardi+Stepan+Brassard+Zuccarello
for
Phaneuf+Kadri

Flip Kadri+Kreider+Klein
for
Zibanejad

Flip Zibanejad+Hayes
for
Sequin (Yes, intentional spelling with a Q :naughty:)

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Forget Cam, skapper the future is here

ghostbusters-3.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad