Proposal: Mtl / LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Jake Evans to LA. Evans is affordable under their current cap space and a quality bottom six center. What would LA offer Mtl

Montreal has Christian Dvorak and Jake Evans as their bottom six centres and if they were to move one of those guys, it would be Dvorak, not Evans, and there's really no reason to do that until much closer to the deadline.

UED

May 2, 2021
yea let's trade our 4th line center for a 4th or 5th putting us in a situation where we have to overpay a 2nd for someone else's 4th line center because we have to replace evans and no one else finds it fun to give away their centers just for the thrill of the trade.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Montreal has Christian Dvorak and Jake Evans as their bottom six centres and if they were to move one of those guys, it would be Dvorak, not Evans, and there's really no reason to do that until much closer to the deadline.

I say trade Dvorak now for... peanuts to make room for Kapanen. Then trade Evans at the deadline if Beck is ready.

Attachments

• why-not-both-meme.jpg
    why-not-both-meme.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: JustAHabFan

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Evans to LA makes sense based on what I've read as well, though LA fans know best.

If Dvorak is hard to move and Evans is looking for more $ than Montreal wants to extend him for, he might get moved. I'd rather hope for a 2nd as a rental, but if Montreal needs a C spot to keep Kapanen around, moving Evans might work.

Doesn't mean LA is a great destination for him though. For LA, I see Dvorak as more likely, simply due to the Bergevin factor.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Evans to LA makes sense based on what I've read as well, though LA fans know best.

If Dvorak is hard to move and Evans is looking for more $ than Montreal wants to extend him for, he might get moved. I'd rather hope for a 2nd as a rental, but if Montreal needs a C spot to keep Kapanen around, moving Evans might work.

Doesn't mean LA is a great destination for him though. For LA, I see Dvorak as more likely, simply due to the Bergevin factor.

I don't hate it, just seems unnecessary at this time. Maybe revisit near the deadline, MTL would get more value imo when team needs shake out

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I don't hate it, just seems unnecessary at this time. Maybe revisit near the deadline, MTL would get more value imo when team needs shake out
I agree, but it's still a reasonable conversation to have. If LA badly needs a center, maybe the return is there for an immediate move.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It’d be one thing if they had a young player with more upside, to fill the same role. If they had a Peyton Krebs like guy, who will likely end up a very good 3C in another couple of years.

They don’t have that player. So unless they’re acquiring one, or even a Kampf, then there’s no reason to trade him at all.

Reactions: wetcoast

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
No offense? At ~30 points I bed to defer. That’s pretty average for a good two-way 3C and best in business for 4C

This is completely true but also doesn't change the fact that you find those guys in droves at any Minnesota lake beach and can round them up with motorbike chains.

I have no interest in any trade anyways

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
LA's center depth
Kopitar
Byfield (LA has already stated that they intent to use him at center)
Danault
Lewis/Turcotte (who looks ready to play full time in the NHL)

no need for another 4th line Center at this time.

Reactions: wetcoast

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
It’d be one thing if they had a young player with more upside, to fill the same role. If they had a Peyton Krebs like guy, who will likely end up a very good 3C in another couple of years.

They don’t have that player. So unless they’re acquiring one, or even a Kampf, then there’s no reason to trade him at all.
This entire discussion is predicated on the fact that Kapanen looks like he could play in the NHL and Beck is right there too, though less pressing because he'll go to Laval and can be called up at will. This is about as off as assessments get lol

That said I personally am okay with both those players getting another year and seeing what Evans can return at the deadline. Also not opposed to re-signing him if it's around the same AAV because I think he's a great 4C and is young enough to continue playing with the core

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
This is completely true but also doesn't change the fact that you find those guys in droves at any Minnesota lake beach and can round them up with motorbike chains.

I have no interest in any trade anyways
But can you? Historically speaking these guys go for a premium at the TDL, ranging from 2nd to 1st round picks.

Also, the fact that you have “no interest in any trade anyway” does not mean others share the same feeling as you do or that he isn’t worth something valuable

• Haha
Reactions: thefutures

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad