Cam Talbot - Mod warning #251

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainMcD

Jan 30, 2012
Cory Schneider? Guy played like 25-30 games a year for the nucks and commanded the #9 overall pick. If you don't think Sather can get a 1st for Talbot you've lost your marbles.

I don't think they'll get a first. Because teams that are looking for goalies are usually picking in the Top 15. In this years draft, to think that Edmonton will give a top five pick for Talbot is ludicrous.

I think it'll be a 2nd and 4th or a nearly NHL ready prospect.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I don't think they'll get a first. Because teams that are looking for goalies are usually picking in the Top 15. In this years draft, to think that Edmonton will give a top five pick for Talbot is ludicrous.

I think it'll be a 2nd and 4th or a nearly NHL ready prospect.

Edmonton has Pittsburgh's first this year.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 2m2 minutes ago
#NYR STATS: NYR have allowed 1 goal or fewer in regulation in at least 5 straight games for the first time since Mar. 16 – Mar. 25, 2007

Cam!

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Dude was awesome tonight! I have said it before and i gladly say it again, we are blessed to have Cam as our backup.

danktopshelf

Dec 23, 2014
NYC
At this point I kind of hope Hank doesn't come back this season. If I'm Slats I would be open to getting a high 1 (or a later 1 and a 2) for either of our goalies.

We won't be able to put $14M into our goalies after next year.

CaptainMcD

Jan 30, 2012
At this point I kind of hope Hank doesn't come back this season. If I'm Slats I would be open to getting a high 1 (or a later 1 and a 2) for either of our goalies.

Seriously? Cam's good but you wanna go with Cam in the playoffs?

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York

I'm with you, preferably Hank because of his contract but I don't see that happening.

If Hank comes back too late he will be rusty and we'll be worse off than with Talbot playing so well.

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
I have a funny feeling he's going to Buffalo at the draft (if they win the Cup). 2nd + prospect.

On another note: Talbot reminds me so much of Mike Smith. Smith didn't start blooming until 29/30. Talbot started last year. Playing behind Hank, in front of a good team over the last two seasons has really turned him into a viable NHL starter. Sometimes it's better to be lucky/fortunate than good.

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
Lundqvist coming back and Talbot sitting would be a complete waste of Talbot's adjustment as starter. Let the guy keep playing, I feel like the more he plays the better he gets.

Only play Lundqvist if Talbot struggles at some point which I don't think will happen.

CaptainMcD

Jan 30, 2012
Why not? He has shown he can play well against the top teams.

Because its HENRIK ****ING LUNDQVIST. The greatest goalie on god's green earth. A 5x Vezina Nominee. A person who has experience (which matters ALOT) in the playoffs. The man who brought us to the SCF last year.

And you wanna start Cam? In the playoffs? Ok moving on...

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Forget getting the Pens' #1 for Cam from the Oilers...the way Cam is now playing, I think it's reasonable to ask for the Oilers' own pick.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Henrik has got to be sweating a little. Cam has been playing well and we are on a serious roll. He's gonna have to hit the ground running to keep up

danktopshelf

Dec 23, 2014
NYC
Because its HENRIK ****ING LUNDQVIST. The greatest goalie on god's green earth. A 5x Vezina Nominee. A person who has experience (which matters ALOT) in the playoffs. The man who brought us to the SCF last year.

And you wanna start Cam? In the playoffs? Ok moving on...

We're not far from the playoffs and Cam is on FIRE. Maybe best to not rock the boat too much at this juncture. Sucks for Hank though, terrible situation.

We're gonna be picking high in the first because of one of them though. Mark it down. Maybe we'd be better off with an excellent 27 year old goalie for the near term than a legendary 33 year old G.

Something for smarter guys than us to hammer out. Let's get this thing. :yo::yo:

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
Henrik has got to be sweating a little. Cam has been playing well and we are on a serious roll. He's gonna have to hit the ground running to keep up

That's what I'm saying. If Hank comes back late and isn't ready for the playoffs it would be worse off for us than if we keep a hot Talbot in. I hope AV thinks logically and doesn't let Lunqdvist's star-power influence his decision.

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
We're not far from the playoffs and Cam is on FIRE. Maybe best to not rock the boat too much at this juncture. Sucks for Hank though, terrible situation.

We're gonna be picking high in the first because of one of them though. Mark it down. Maybe we'd be better off with an excellent 27 year old goalie for the near term than a legendary 33 year old G.

Something for smarter guys than us to hammer out. Let's get this thing. :yo::yo:

I agree, go with the younger and cheaper goalie. Do you think a team would pick up Lundqvist's contract though?

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global

I see that another one has popped up :laugh:

The smarter guys has already hammered it out. Hank has a NMC whick means he is going nowhere.

That's what I'm saying. If Hank comes back late and isn't ready for the playoffs it would be worse off for us than if we keep a hot Talbot in. I hope AV thinks logically and doesn't let Lunqdvist's star-power influence his decision.

Listen, Cam has been great but there is ZERO chance Talbot is replacing Hank. This team is going nowhere without Hank and you can ask all the players on the team and you will get the same answer from them.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I agree, go with the younger and cheaper goalie. Do you think a team would pick up Lundqvist's contract though?

All this is irrelevant. If Talbot is as good as you think he is he'll just get a similarly huge contract after next season and there go your savings.

danktopshelf

Dec 23, 2014
NYC
I agree. One thing's for sure: it's going to be very interesting to see what unfolds.

I mean right now we're blessed. I know Hank is an international superstar, but there isn't much of a difference when they're both at their best, although I think Hank's worst might be a little better than Cam's worst.

The better question than which great G will lead us over the next 3 year of being a Cup contender/favorite is where is best to use that lottery 1 this year? Werenski, Bittner, or Carlo

CaptainMcD

Jan 30, 2012
So lemme get this straight... Cam was below average for all but 5 games (and brilliant for 5)... and has a below .900 SV% in the playoffs... and has played a grand total of 2 playoff games...

And you wanna replace Henrik with him in what may be our only chance at the cup?

Sorry, but you're all completely lost. You've let a 5 game sample size work against nearly a decade of amazing play. I wish some of you would go on over to the main boards so you could get laughed out of there. The idea that we're even having this debate is absolutely insane. Its just mind boggling.

TheRedViper

Dec 12, 2008
Niagara
Guys, Hank isn't getting traded.. Even entertaining the idea is a waste of time because there is a 0% chance of it happening...

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
So lemme get this straight... Cam was below average for all but 5 games (and brilliant for 5)... and has a below .900 SV% in the playoffs... and has played a grand total of 2 playoff games...

And you wanna replace Henrik with him in what may be our only chance at the cup?

Sorry, but you're all completely lost. You've let a 5 game sample size work against nearly a decade of amazing play. I wish some of you would go on over to the main boards so you could get laughed out of there. The idea that we're even having this debate is absolutely insane. Its just mind boggling.

What have you done for me lately?! Henrik hasn't won a game in over a month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad