Player Discussion Cam Talbot (G)

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
He has his days and I don't know what semi competent goalie we can get for a cheap cap hit. That being said let's not give him term or dollars

lets not give him a new contract. theres a reason he's bounced from team to team and lost his starters job last year despite being an 'allstar'

Reactions: Larionov

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
lets not give him a new contract. theres a reason he's bounced from team to team and lost his starters job last year despite being an 'allstar'
Honestly that's a fair viewpoint so I don't mind this option either. But if we do resign him we better not be giving him term

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
Legit Gerber trauma flashbacks from this game.

4 goals through the glove/body.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
A team is only as good as its goaltending. This has been the source of all our troubles this year and yet everyone keeps blaming coaching and systems :rolleyes:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
A team is only as good as its goaltending. This has been the source of all our troubles this year and yet everyone keeps blaming coaching and systems :rolleyes:

Goaltending hasn't been good for the majority of the season, but its far from this teams only problem. Not scoring 5 on 5 is pretty huge, especially given how much forward talent this team has.

Reactions: DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Honestly that's a fair viewpoint so I don't mind this option either. But if we do resign him we better not be giving him term
There is absolutely no way they should re sign him. He shouldn't even get a start unless the teams on a back to back. He gives away atleast 1 goal a game. He's the worst goalie the sens have had in a very long time. I'd like them to dump him for any asset they can get and pick someone up on waivers. He can't find his net, he can't play the puck and he can't catch.

Still better than Matt Murray

Also Forsberg is decent
No way. But his problem was staying healthy. Felt like a distraction...

Team has played terrible in front of Forsberg this year but he hasn't been great either. It was kinda like last year they were horrid in front of Gus.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
BS. Goaltending has been inconsistent to be sure and lost us some games but goaltending can't score even strength goals. Goaltending isn't responsible for a forecheck that consistently allows the puck to get behind all three forwards. Goaltending can't prevent turnovers at the Blueline. Goaltending isn't giving up odd man rushes.

The team, like it's goaltending, is wildly inconsistent. They can play really well like they did to finish off the game against the blues and how they played the pens, or they can be a circus of errors like they were against the Avalanche. The source of all our problems is not goaltending, our problems extend well beyond the net.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It looks psychological with him. He seems to have lost all confidence. Even on simple plays against the Pens he looked totally shaken and unsure.
I thought so also - he just never looked confident all night. The problem is, I don't have much more confidence in Forsberg right now either.

RickyLafleur

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Talbot had a few good games this year but has been very underwhelming lately. As others have mentioned we will probably regret the Gus/Talbot trade bigly. I was at yesterday's game and every single goal that he allowed was weak and extremely deflating.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I won't give Dorion too much grief for this move since the team needed a short term upgrade and Gus seemed like he was likely never going to turn the corner here. That being said, I'm hoping there's a plan for next season that doesn't include him. He seems like the type of guy who can be solid behind a structured team and the Sens have been anything but for most of the season.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So Talbot popped his groin last night, from all appearances, and will be out until after the All-Star break. So can he realistically come back from a groin pull within two weeks? Those are tricky, especially for goalies.

I also feel like Dorion is going to have no choice but to go out and sign a veteran goalie to get us and/or Belleville through the rest of the year. Sogaard is always hurt now and the organization is suddenly very thin in goal. I find myself wondering if a low pick would shake someone like Dustin Tokarski loose from the Pens organization, or Zach Fucale from Washington. (Both are mostly AHL goalies this year.)

Finally, I think the Talbot extension talks have sailed. He just turned 35 and looks like he is regressing - a two year, $6 million deal for him would be a poor investment. We're better off just calling the Gus trade a sunk cost and moving on. Sigh - this franchise continues to be a goalie graveyard...

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster update: The #Sens have recalled goaltender Kevin Mandolese from
@BellevilleSens
This leaves Belleville with NO recognized goalie, Sogaard and Bilbeau are both injured, Mandolese has played the last few games for Mandolese including a OT win last night. The backup last night was Logan Flodell who only joined the team 3 days ago from Norfolk in the ECHL, he has played in 3 games before for BSens and had a save% of .725 and a GAA of 8.76

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad