Player Discussion Cam Talbot (G)

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If Talbot keeps up his play for the rest of his starts (save percentage about .915), I wonder what extension we'd offer him. Only way we trade him is if we're out of it before the deadline.

Wonder if he'll want a two year deal for some security, or will be fine with 1 year. I hope a 1 year $3 million deal can get er done. Its low risk enough if he ends up declining, but its not too much of a paycut from his current cap hit of $3.66 million.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Do people now agree that Talbot is the clear #1 goalie for this team?
I think im back to 'cant decide'. When Forsberg came here i thought of him as a stop gap but over time, he has given me confidence in his play. And so i had been leaning towards him as the starter. But Talbot has more pedigree and has looked. good at times and so i am back to win and you're in lol. Surely neither can Clearly be #1 yet?

Reactions: aragorn

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The difference between good and great goalies is consistency. The problem with Talbot is that, even when he's going well, he gives you a stinker about every 3 to 4 games. That just kills you. Truly great goalies only give you one of those once or twice a year, not once every week to ten days.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Nope. Third game this season he just didn't show up.
You think Forsberg is better? Talbot was an all-star last yr & has played some great games. That was a stinker last night but he didn't get much help either. At some point they need to find a #1 goalie or the team improves dramatically defensively.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
You think Forsberg is better? Talbot was an all-star last yr & has played some great games. That was a stinker last night but he didn't get much help either. At some point they need to find a #1 goalie or the team improves dramatically defensively.

i dont think either is a #1

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Both Talbot and Forsberg have been prone to letting in some stinkers, often at just the wrong time. Hard to feel confident with either unless it’s P3 of a solid outing in P1 and P2. One of them needs to solidify as a consistent starter soon, or we have no chance of climbing a steep hill back to contention this year.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If Talbot keeps up his play for the rest of his starts (save percentage about .915), I wonder what extension we'd offer him. Only way we trade him is if we're out of it before the deadline.

Wonder if he'll want a two year deal for some security, or will be fine with 1 year. I hope a 1 year $3 million deal can get er done. Its low risk enough if he ends up declining, but its not too much of a paycut from his current cap hit of $3.66 million.
Id offer him 2 years 4 million total. Its good security for him. If they settle at 4.5 then great.

Not really. Cool mask one way or another.

It's not like it's got Reynolds' actual face on it.
I thought the mask was just and ode to the two beauties who have been dressing up as senator deadpool guys sitting on the glass.......

Reactions: aragorn

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Bruce says Talbot wants to stay.

We should definitely re-sign him if he's open to it. Would be the perfect 1A/1B starter to pair with Forsberg and the perfect bridge goalie until Sogaard is ready.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I bet they sign Talbot before DeBrincat just to get a better picture on what $ they will have left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad