Player Discussion Cam Talbot (G)

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

Matt Murray 2.0

Maybe it is the Senators, not the goalies?

Kidding (obviously) but when you think of the Senators goaltending injuries it's pretty crazy going back to LeClaire (puck in the face off the bench), poor Razor (hip and untimely death), Hasek, Lehner, even Anderson with the frozen chicken. Anyone I am missing?

I can't think of another team that has had so many bizarre/serious injuries at that position.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Matt Murray 2.0

Maybe it is the Senators, not the goalies?

Kidding (obviously) but when you think of the Senators goaltending injuries it's pretty crazy going back to LeClaire (puck in the face off the bench), poor Razor (hip and untimely death), Hasek, Lehner, even Anderson with the frozen chicken. Anyone I am missing?

I can't think of another team that has had so many bizarre/serious injuries at that position.
Goaltending has certainly been a mystery in Ottawa ....

Hammond - great run one yr, toilet next yr.
Condon - great run one yr, toilet next yr
Hogberg - great run one yr, toilet next yr
Lehner - just starts to play great & gets a concussion
Emery - takes the team to the Cup final & spirals himself out of the league
Lalime - played great in the regular season, shit the bed in the playoffs

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Goalies are voodoo everywhere. Steady reliable goaltending for multiple years from the same guy is the exception not the norm.
True but I am specifically talking about significant and bizarre injuries.

Guys may come and go due to talent or hot/cold streaks but the Senators history of starting goalies having major injuries is long.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Let's hope we have a decent tandem in Forsberg & Talbot & that Sogaard becomes a star in net, they will need him to be great in a few yrs.

Reactions: DrEasy

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Let's hope we have a decent tandem in Forsberg & Talbot & that Sogaard becomes a star in net, they will need him to be great in a few yrs.
Out of the three, I have confidence in forsberg. The other two….have to wait n see.

Reactions: Cosmix

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Out of the three, I have confidence in forsberg. The other two….have to wait n see.
Talbot is by far the most accomplished of the 3, he is the stabilizer this year

I am a believer and hopeful Forsberg has figured things as a vet rounding in to form but so far it is only part of 1 season that he looked like a legit starter.

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
I miss when we could just rely on good ol' Andy. Now we're back to goaltending uncertainty like the entire history of our franchise lol

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I didn't think Talbot would be a difference make for us even if he's healthy. He's playing in front of a D that is significantly worse than where he was in Minnesota and its not like he was Vezina calibre there.

I think Forsberg will step up

yogibear

Mar 21, 2007
Ottawa/Gatineau
Goaltending has certainly been a mystery in Ottawa ....

Hammond - great run one yr, toilet next yr.
Condon - great run one yr, toilet next yr
Hogberg - great run one yr, toilet next yr
Lehner - just starts to play great & gets a concussion
Emery - takes the team to the Cup final & spirals himself out of the league
Lalime - played great in the regular season, shit the bed in the playoffs
What about Hasek?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad