C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Sure it's a little bit dumb if you think about it like that, but doing something a bit dumb is off being immature and having character issues, like some here have discussed.
Yes, but I don't look at it in a vacuum.
Middle finger incident + constant team switching + selfish play = possible character issues?

Last edited:

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I think he can go anywhere from 11 on. I've said before but he seems like a sharks pick. They like pacy players, and they also aren't afraid of the boom/bust guys

Reactions: CanuckCity

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Lambert sounds motivated.
He’s trained 4 weeks under Gary Roberts in Toronto and said has been an eye opening experience.

He knows the summer is short for training with the draft, development camp& u20 tourney.
So he wants to dedicate any time he has for training and development.

Really like the sound of that

lafellaesobar

Jun 10, 2022

He’s trained 4 weeks under Gary Roberts in Toronto and said has been an eye opening experience.

He knows the summer is short for training with the draft, development camp& u20 tourney.

which is also ridiculous saying Lambert has attitude issues or isn't a good player. This still is a guy who was touted to be #2 overall before he got stymied and didn't score much in Liiga.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
which is also ridiculous saying Lambert has attitude issues or isn't a good player. This still is a guy who was touted to be #2 overall before he got stymied and didn't score much in Liiga.

I’m really interested in following Lamberts development moving forward.

Hopefully he goes to a team with strong(healthy) management

Reactions: lafellaesobar

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Maybe a poor choice of words, put for him to go from Pelicans, to HFIK, to JYP, then back to Pelicans in just a few years is very unusual for a top Finnish prospect. The teams are pretty tight lipped, so we don’t get many definitive statements about what’s going on, but the rumours are that Lambert gets quickly disgruntled, thinks the team is holding him back, and forces his way to a new team.

Obviously that’s a major concern for anyone drafting him - if he faces a little adversity, is he going to force his way off your team too?

Probably not, he might be able to do that in Finland because it's Finland and he's a top NHL prospect which means he's a top guy in Finland.

But the NHL is not Finland and he is not Matthews, Crosby, Mcdavid etc, he is not coming in as a top guy he won't have that power.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017

Sounds great for him. Too bad it's only 4 or 5 weeks this summer.

Also sounds like his past summers havent had proper nutrition, rest and strength training. I assume it has been his dad making on-ice skill focused training programs, with no real expertise on the other parts

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Sounds great for him. Too bad it's only 4 or 5 weeks this summer.

Also sounds like his past summers havent had proper nutrition, rest and strength training. I assume it has been his dad making on-ice skill focused training programs, with no real expertise on the other parts

Yeah the short offseason is a shame, but it’s short for everyone.

& I look at this as what could it mean longterm, if Lambert from now changes his offseason training to Toronto.
Where could it help to take his game in the next 4-5 years time when they mold him into a true pro on and off the ice.

This doesn’t sound to me as someone who isn’t interested in making him the best player possible

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I think a pretty good video about Lambert.

Some Notes:
- Bad offence, great in transition (duh)
- Most interesting thing to me was how much worse Lambert was with Pelicans compared to JYP
- Do agree that Lambert was bit unlucky and that of course affected his production a bit
- Does bring up Lambert holding on to the puck too long, which I think is his worst flaw
- LMAO at Pelicans' 5 man horizontal breakout
- Do also agree that Lambert should play with faster linemates and faster style of play, which is why he should
probably go to play in NA next season

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Getting out of Finland is good for him and on a smaller ice surface. Seattle has a lot of talent returning and he's played with Korchinski before, so it seems like it could be a comfortable situation.
So you're from Saskatoon? Did you watch Lambert play when he played there? If you did, what were your impressions about him?

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
So you're from Saskatoon? Did you watch Lambert play when he played there? If you did, what were your impressions about him?
I did get to watch him play. One of the most fun kids to watch at that level I've seen. Beautiful skater and stick-handler, hard worker, with an east-west playstyle that was out of step with most of the play at that time. That said, he was a magnet for criticism (a lot of puck hog accusations). Some of the dislike was I'm sure born out of envy, but some was definitely legit. He had a big tendency to ignore high percentage passing plays in favor of keeping the puck, whether out of tunnel vision or distrust of his linemates, I'm not sure. His skating and overall skill was good enough though that he could make low percentage decisions work for him. So to sum: tremendous talent that led his team to win the city championship, but never fully integrated himself into the team.

From what I've seen of him lately (not that much, I'm not a scout) those tendencies are still there, but tempered somewhat. Seems to do better when he's with peers (not so much age, but skill peers). I hope he gets drafted to a team that wants him to play his game because I'm not sure how adaptive he is, but if he hooks up with the right coach (like a Tony Granato), I think he could have a solid NHL career.

Brian Fogarty

@hockey_prophets
Apr 29, 2011
hockeyprophets.com
So, I have Lambert ranked 45th overall on my draft ranking, lower than pretty much anybody else. It's not an easy choice to have him that low, but honestly, it's not that easy to have him that high, either. So, I wrote up an explanation. Check it out if you're bored and somewhat interested:

bootzycollins

Feb 18, 2022
I think he can go anywhere from 11 on. I've said before but he seems like a sharks pick. They like pacy players, and they also aren't afraid of the boom/bust guys

I was going to say the exact same thing lol - Lambert has "Sharks" written all over him, except that the Wilson days of targeting players with perceived attitude issues (Thornton, Kane, Merkley) appear to be over after he stepped down. At #11, I can't see Lambert going that high.

Pittsburgh at 21 is my target for Lambert. They need to hit a homerun with the pick as their cupboards are completely depleted, and he's got the boom/bust potential for them to swing for the fences

Reactions: Realgud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad