C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
Maybe a poor choice of words, put for him to go from Pelicans, to HFIK, to JYP, then back to Pelicans in just a few years is very unusual for a top Finnish prospect. The teams are pretty tight lipped, so we don’t get many definitive statements about what’s going on, but the rumours are that Lambert gets quickly disgruntled, thinks the team is holding him back, and forces his way to a new team.

Obviously that’s a major concern for anyone drafting him - if he faces a little adversity, is he going to force his way off your team too?

Afaik its not Brad who is making these decisions but his father..

Anyways, its so odd to see North American fans be more hyped about Lambert than Finnish fans who mostly think he will bust.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I don't want them to draft him either but he does seem like a Doug Wilson Jr pick. If he comes over to NA and plays in the AHL or CHL I could live with it.
I was up on him but trying to stay with analytics, his season was so awful that it’s like a less than 3% chance he would be a good NHLer

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I don't want them to draft him either but he does seem like a Doug Wilson Jr pick. If he comes over to NA and plays in the AHL or CHL I could live with it.

I see the Sharks much more in on someone from Djurgarden (Lekkerimaki, Ohgren, Ostlund) or Marco Kasper than I do Brad Lambert.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I see the Sharks much more in on someone from Djurgarden (Lekkerimaki, Ohgren, Ostlund) or Marco Kasper than I do Brad Lambert.
Sharks have been drafting a lot of pacy forwards good in transition, Lambert is one of the best in this class in that regard.

I would love Lekkerimaki though

lafellaesobar

Jun 10, 2022
Lekkerimaki, Ohgren and Ostlund are all pretty good in transition as well. And the Sharks have familiarity with Djurgarden's development system.
And Eklund also has played with Lekkerimaki iirc, so he's the sharks best bet at 11 should he be there

Lambert doesn't feel like a sharks pick at all, since they've really never drafted in Finland in a while in round 1. Their last finnish pick in round 1 was Rihijarvi, which was in 1995

Last edited:
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
Team with multiple 1st round picks, they can afford the high risk high reward gamble

This. The scouts that were anonymously polled by Pronman all mentioned picking Lambert in the back half of the 1st or not at all. There are legitimate concerns regarding this kid's game that teams really needing to hit on their first round pick do not want to gamble on.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This. The scouts that were anonymously polled by Pronman all mentioned picking Lambert in the back half of the 1st or not at all. There are legitimate concerns regarding this kid's game that teams really needing to hit on their first round pick do not want to gamble on.

I’m also looking at a team like Columbus who could see the benefits at 12, depending who they get at 6.
Let’s say they get the exact guy they want at 6, they’ve rebuild their u25 group very nicely but could still do with a home run pick, max ceiling type of pick. Nobody at 12 will give the same kind of potential at 12 and they’ve already had the 6th pick+ 3 1st round picks last year.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
I’m also looking at a team like Columbus who could see the benefits at 12, depending who they get at 6.
Let’s say they get the exact guy they want at 6, they’ve rebuild their u25 group very nicely but could still do with a home run pick, max ceiling type of pick. Nobody at 12 will give the same kind of potential at 12 and they’ve already had the 6th pick+ 3 1st round picks last year.

If Kemell falls to 12 then I think Jarmo takes him, otherwise you make a good point about taking Lambert there. I'm half expecting CBJ to go for defense with one of their picks in the first. One of Nemec/Jiricek and Lambert or Kemell is what I see being logical for them. But if Gauthier is there at 6 maybe he goes and they draft Korchinski/Mintyukov?

Reactions: AppalachianFinn13

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If Kemell falls to 12 then I think Jarmo takes him, otherwise you make a good point about taking Lambert there. I'm half expecting CBJ to go for defense with one of their picks in the first. One of Nemec/Jiricek and Lambert or Kemell is what I see being logical for them. But if Gauthier is there at 6 maybe he goes and they draft Korchinski/Mintyukov?

Yeah Kemell could drop, he’s a smaller winger and they have a better shot at dropping, teams will make a run for C’s at some point just because they are C’s

I’m betting at 6 it’s either Nemec or Gauthier

Reactions: simonedvinsson

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
And Eklund also has played with Lekkerimaki iirc, so he's the sharks best bet at 11 should he be there

Lambert doesn't feel like a sharks pick at all, since they've really never drafted in Finland in a while in round 1. Their last finnish pick in round 1 was Rihijarvi, which was in 1995
Sharks don’t have a favoured nationality. I would probably say the reason they haven’t drafted Finnish is because other people have. They also have a strong dedicated Finnish scout and practically an affiliation with TPS, so it’s not like they don’t know the area.

Reactions: Stewie Griffin

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
What's the best place for him to play next year? I feel his style could work better on the smaller ice, and in NA his draft team can keep a closer eye on him, but he isn't ready for the AHL. Could his draft team try to steer him to the WHL? I don't know if staying in Finland is best for him

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
He looks a bit like Daniel Sprong

Would be a perfect fine 2 round pick, but a very risky 1st rounder
I don’t know if he would be that risky of a pick. I think with his skills he can play in the NHL in some role. He’s got great hands and is probably the best skater in the draft. I think at worst you have a bottom six forward who can contribute offensively. Who knows, maybe he will even reach his potential and be a top line winger.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I don’t know if he would be that risky of a pick. I think with his skills he can play in the NHL in some role. He’s got great hands and is probably the best skater in the draft. I think at worst you have a bottom six forward who can contribute offensively. Who knows, maybe he will even reach his potential and be a top line winger.

I wouldnt touch him in the lottery range, but contenders could take the risk.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
My prediction for Lambert is that he ends up being somewhere between Drouin and Barzal. Right now leaning more towards Drouin.

Reactions: Ippenator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad