C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Yeah I find it hard to believe Lambert doesnt carve out an NHL career for himself. Even if he doesnt reach his potential he still has all the tools to be a successful 3rd line guy, could even develop into a pker.

I cant imagine him not becoming better than someone like Pierre Engvall. Who has similar traits but not at the level of Lambert's.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I could see him being a similar NHL player as Athanasiou.

Will occasionally pull off some individual effort highlight reel goals with the high end hands/feet, but will leave you frustrated he doesn’t consistently accomplish more with those high end hands/feet.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Clearly has a lot of talent. Hope for his sake he gets drafted into a good situation, with a team that has a good development record and strong coaching. Needs a coach that can mold him and teach him to not skate himself into corners and use his teammates more effectively. Any C that can skate like him with his puck skills has an NHL future.

Definitely could be another Pittsburgh or Washington latter half of the first round home run pick.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Clearly has a lot of talent. Hope for his sake he gets drafted into a good situation, with a team that has a good development record and strong coaching. Needs a coach that can mold him and teach him to not skate himself into corners and use his teammates more effectively. Any C that can skate like him with his puck skills has an NHL future.

Definitely could be another Pittsburgh or Washington latter half of the first round home run pick.
Are his puck skills all that good or is it just his speed that gets him where he’s going? I haven’t seen him play all that much but when I watch his puck skills take him to the boards in the offensive zone. From there I seldom seen puck skill to get him off the boards. Again my viewings are limited

Reactions: Ippenator

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Are his puck skills all that good or is it just his speed that gets him where he’s going? I haven’t seen him play all that much but when I watch his puck skills take him to the boards in the offensive zone. From there I seldom seen puck skill to get him off the boards. Again my viewings are limited

Usual scouting is that he may have the best skating+ hands combo from this draft.
The rest of his game is lacking/ under ??

Reactions: Tube Skates

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
If MTL take Wright, I'm more than open to trade up our CGY 1st + to get him.

TheFamousFart

Dec 25, 2020
Will be really interesting to see when he goes and where. I really cant see teams passing up on his positives with the hoping of getting his negatives fixed. But then again he can also fall way down, similiar case as with Aatu Räty.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Disagree. He's capable of handling the puck at good speeds. But he's not able do do anything creative using his hands.

But that still doesn’t address the skating part.

I said combination in my post.
He’s seen as one of the best skaters in this draft if not the best with elite hands.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
But that still doesn’t address the skating part.

I said combination in my post.
He’s seen as one of the best skaters in this draft if not the best with elite hands.
He definitely doesn’t have elite hands. In fact far from that. I would say they are more like a bit above average. Maybe even pretty good, but definitely nothing special. Just watch him play. He doesn’t do anything spectacular with his hands - definitely not on any kind of regular basis.

lafellaesobar

Jun 10, 2022
Speed is his best trait, and there should be no denying that. however, can we see more of Lambert being a responsible player in his own end, or him being able to use speed to get an advantage? This is what I wanna keep looking at for Lambert both as a prospect but as a player.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Hm? His stickhandling mechanics are top notch. Any shift of his, you see this.
He definitely doesn’t have elite hands. In fact far from that. I would say they are more like a bit above average. Maybe even pretty good, but definitely nothing special. Just watch him play. He doesn’t do anything spectacular with his hands - definitely not on any kind of regular basis.
Well this is, wrong.

Reactions: Tube Skates

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I said by scouting reports.

Just again the athletic had him as the best skater in this draft and every report has him with elite puck skills

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He's a good puck handler with good puck control, but yeah he's really not a dangler. His feet really facilitate everything but his hands are good enough to allow him to maintain control in traffic and take advantage of his feet.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
He's a good puck handler with good puck control, but yeah he's really not a dangler. His feet really facilitate everything but his hands are good enough to allow him to maintain control in traffic and take advantage of his feet.
This I do agree about him easily. Still I can’t see real elite hands by any means.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I think the biggest thing Lambert needs to do is to just stop hogging the god damn puck so much.
That definitely, but I think he needs to also make way better decisions with the puck when he finally makes them. Way too often he makes a bad pass or just loses the puck even before he makes a decision

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
It's not a good sign that he crumbled under the pressure of being a top 5 selection.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
It's not a good sign that he crumbled under the pressure of being a top 5 selection.
I don’t think he really crumbled. I think his skillset just wasn’t that good in the first place to be very productive against adults in professional leagues at his age. It managed to fool even many experts that he was dominating against juniors, but it’s usually so that in junior leagues you can still do very well with just great skating and good hands. It doesn’t usually matter if your hockey IQ is average or even below it, if you just have the great skating and pretty good hands. I’m quite convinced that this is the case, and most likely any team that would draft him at least within the top ten, will eventually be disappointed with the pick. Picking him later in the first round might be fine, although I see a pretty big risk there as well. I would personally pick him somewhere around the middle of the second round.

Last edited:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I think the biggest thing Lambert needs to do is to just stop hogging the god damn puck so much.
It's just the bad hockey IQ. I think Buffalo is the team that can take a risk on this guy. They have good prospects and plenty of picks next yeara, multiple 1st rounds in this draft as well

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I could see him being a similar NHL player as Athanasiou.

Will occasionally pull off some individual effort highlight reel goals with the high end hands/feet, but will leave you frustrated he doesn’t consistently accomplish more with those high end hands/feet.
That level of inconsistency will make Lambert, who will almost certainly be a 1st Round pick as opposed to 4th-rounder Athanasiou, close to a bust. Is that what people really expect?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad