C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Although Räty can actually play smart hockey unlike Lambert. But sure, if you prefer a skater over a real hockey player, then you probably prefer Lambert over Räty. I would take Räty over Lambert every single day and twice on Sunday though.
Me too, but I'm just predicting what NHL scouts think.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I really like lamberts skill set, know he is controversial player but I really see alot of raw potential.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I really like lamberts skill set, know he is controversial player but I really see alot of raw potential.

He has the raw tools to be a 100 point player but so far hasn't show the IQ to actually make that a reality though. He's one of those guys where a team takes a flyer and develops him in hopes he irons out his game from a mental standpoint and puts those tools to work. I think he at minimum drops to the second round.

Reactions: lafellaesobar

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
He has the raw tools to be a 100 point player but so far hasn't show the IQ to actually make that a reality though. He's one of those guys where a team takes a flyer and develops him in hopes he irons out his game from a mental standpoint and puts those tools to work. I think he at minimum drops to the second round.
If a guy had raw tools to be a 100 point player, I don't think they would fall to second round.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
may be a smart move to join Seattle. They will be a very good team and have some very good NHL prospects on the team for him to play with

it was an interesting acquisition by Seattle and my money is on him joining the Tbirds now

Tbirds could have 3 of their guys picked in the 1st round... Korchinski, Schaefer and Lambert. Also Jordan Gustafson should be a 2nd round pick

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
So Lambert is training in Gary Roberts' group and Roberts works for Seattle Kraken as a team consultant. Now his WHL rights are traded to Seattle Thunderbirds. Coincidence? Or is there something going on there?

Reactions: Fatass

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Maybe first second round pick from Seattle Kraken if Lambert falls that far? Would be a good bet for them.

Get elite d(Nemec or Jiricek, whoever they like more) on first pick and Lambert for second line center behind Beniers.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

Lambert sounds motivated.
He’s trained 4 weeks under Gary Roberts in Toronto and said has been an eye opening experience.

He knows the summer is short for training with the draft, development camp& u20 tourney.
So he wants to dedicate any time he has for training and development.

Really like the sound of that
Honestly, his problem is not his fitness or being "weak"...

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Although Räty can actually play smart hockey unlike Lambert. But sure, if you prefer a skater over a real hockey player, then you probably prefer Lambert over Räty. I would take Räty over Lambert every single day and twice on Sunday though.
I both like to hear this, as a NYI fan, but will note that there were a *lot* of questions about Raty's decision-making before the draft. It was not just about his skating, which tbh appeared to be no worse than average at NHL camp last season. There are two parts of this. One part is that the lack of a player's production causes observers to evaluate their play differently. The other part is that the lack of production causes a player to lose confidence, and lose their game. I agree with you that Raty is a completely different kind of player than Lambert. But their situations, and how it led to them playing/being evaluated are similar.

It's easy to forget the pre-draft criticism of Raty, because immediately after the draft he started to produce like crazy. But all of that did occur after the draft.

MBrodeur

Mar 30, 2022
is this good for Lambert?

It can be. It can help him gain confidence and play to his skills. The risk there is that he might stick to his bad habits and won't learn to be efficient because he'll get away with more when he's facing weaker competition.

I think a change of scenery will benefit him though, he has the potential but right now he just doesn't seem ready for Liiga.

lafellaesobar

Jun 10, 2022
I both like to hear this, as a NYI fan, but will note that there were a *lot* of questions about Raty's decision-making before the draft. It was not just about his skating, which tbh appeared to be no worse than average at NHL camp last season. There are two parts of this. One part is that the lack of a player's production causes observers to evaluate their play differently. The other part is that the lack of production causes a player to lose confidence, and lose their game. I agree with you that Raty is a completely different kind of player than Lambert. But their situations, and how it led to them playing/being evaluated are similar.

It's easy to forget the pre-draft criticism of Raty, because immediately after the draft he started to produce like crazy. But all of that did occur after the draft.
Raty was basically a massive risk flier. It basically was "you can either have the Raty who was a stud, or a raty who was struggling hard". i view it in the same light as someone drafting a guy like Nakobe Dean in this years NFL draft: A top 10 prospect who cratered hard and has issues, but can be a damn good player on one side. You essentially just have to hope someone like Raty develops. In the end, he did, and was a pretty positive contributor in Bridgeport also for the small time he's been there.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
Does anyone have any insight on Lamberts personality issues? I remember there being some question marks but I can’t quite remember.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Does anyone have any insight on Lamberts personality issues? I remember there being some question marks but I can’t quite remember.
I haven't heard of any specifics. The main knock on him is that he might have been overmanaged by his father a bit.

The criticism of his on ice IQ isn't necessarily a criticism of his personality.

In general, I find that there is a lot innuendo about Lambert, but no hard, specific facts that lead me to believe that he is a difficult or controversial personality.

Looks like Nylander at first glance with the skating and hands. Someone is going to bite, the skillset is too advanced.
Which Nylander?

Reactions: MBrodeur

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo

I don’t think it’s reasonable to compare their draft years because Räty had his season pretty much destroyed already because of covid and other health problems. Lambert on the other hand has been quite healthy during his last two seasons and despite that he has had poor production constantly.

Reactions: lafellaesobar

lafellaesobar

Jun 10, 2022
I don’t think it’s reasonable to compare their draft years because Räty had his season pretty much destroyed already because of covid and other health problems. Lambert on the other hand has been quite healthy during his last two seasons and despite that he has had poor production constantly.
good point, and Raty only had one team change (Karpat to Jukerit), while you've seen Lambert bounce from team to team. If Lambert is gonna prove his worth, its gonna come in the dub and it gotta come with Lambert getting a chance at the memorial cup.

Reactions: Ippenator

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Lambert put up 0,38 ppg in Liiga in his D-1 season, it’s absolutely wrong to say he ”has had poor production constantly” unless you rate him in that much higher than Räty.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Lambert put up 0,38 ppg in Liiga in his D-1 season, it’s absolutely wrong to say he ”has had poor production constantly” unless you rate him in that much higher than Räty.
15 points divided by 46 games is 0.326 points per game. And yes, it's poor production when he is otherwise so useless.

Reactions: Ippenator

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
15 points divided by 46 games is 0.326 points per game. And yes, it's poor production when he is otherwise so useless.
Went of the top of my head, so close enough, but you can’t seriously believe any of this? If so, makes me wonder if you’ve ever actually even seen him play.

His by far biggest issue is exactly what to do with the puck when he gets in the offensive zone with it, his by far biggest strength is his transistion play. Despite this he scored 0,32ppg in Liiga when Räty did 0,17ppg, despite Lambert being almost a full year younger.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Textbook boom or bust pick. He’s either a first liner or he goes back to Europe - I don’t see much in between. If he’s still around after the late first round, I’d take a chance

Reactions: Tube Skates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad