C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I could see Arizona picking him they have 7 picks in the top 50.
I don't say you're wrong with Lambert's dropping.
But i have hard to believe that Brad slips 2nd round.

Despite of his all red-flags etc he's still 1st round pick.
Some playoff team will take Brad if he's available 25-30 overall range.
Of course anything can happen as Aatu Räty's destiny last years draft tells i'm not denying that.

Reactions: Svedu

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I could see Arizona picking him they have 7 picks in the top 50.

I don’t think that’s the management I want to see him go.
He needs a strong support group

Tampa Bay Lightning hasn't ever drafted Finnish born player in 1st round.
So i doubt that Tampa is going to take Brad Lambert.
But if it truly happens then so be it.

Of course i wanna see all Finnish players playing well and succeeding in NHL.
but i don't want some Finnish NHL scout like Tampa's Kari Kettunen starts perfer Lambert just because he's Finn.

So if Tampa really wants Brad Lambert and they are ready to use resources and time to develop Brad
and help him to reach his full potential as a NHL player then that means Lambert needs to be clear
Best Player Available when tampa makes their pick next week's NHL draft.

Why would you think that would be the case?

These guys are pros and putting their repution on the line

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
I will eat crow if Lambert falls into the 2nd round. He has a top-5 skillset (skating, puckhandling, passing, shot) in this draft, and his IQ issues are not any worse than guys like Kapanen or Kupari during their draft seasons, for example, and those players still warranted a pick in the early 20s. Would be fun to see him picked up by a team like Colorado or Tampa though.

hyd3nSeek

Dec 27, 2020
Finland

I found this analysis to be a breath of fresh air as it's not just Finnish guys shitting on him. Also it's not the fanboying some youtubers clearly do because people expected him to be a top-3 pick 2 years ago. Made me at least see his play in a new light. Even with his frustrating season I still think he is a much better talent and ceiling than Kupari and Kapanen (he clearly showed that in WJC).
Even at his floor he should be a very good breakout/transition player and good in the forecheck at NHL level. The question is will the offense come too.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019

I found this analysis to be a breath of fresh air as it's not just Finnish guys shitting on him. Also it's not the fanboying some youtubers clearly do because people expected him to be a top-3 pick 2 years ago. Made me at least see his play in a new light. Even with his frustrating season I still think he is a much better talent and ceiling than Kupari and Kapanen (he clearly showed that in WJC).
Even at his floor he should be a very good breakout/transition player and good in the forecheck at NHL level. The question is will the offense come too.

One trick pony or not, after seeing this video I´m sure he will get drafted in the first round and there is a big possibility his game could translate better in the NHL in the future and that he becomes a steal.

Someone named Yakupov before and that's just a shitty comparison. Lambert is already a better skater than Yakupov ever was. Also, I believe he will be a better puckhandler.

Compared to another finn in Kemell? Is Kemell more of a sure bet? Probably. Does Lambert excite me just as much? He actually does.
That's quite the compliment! The funny thing here is that I rate Kemell as one of the most offensive skilled players from Finland in a long time. He has a shot and when playing against others youngsters at u18 he completely dominated with both skill and finesse.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
I sincerely hope Penguins do not pick him, he is one those cases where people think that maybe North America will change him, no. That kind of behavioural problems with the father who thinks he is Gretzky.

Reactions: Ippenator

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I will eat crow if Lambert falls into the 2nd round. He has a top-5 skillset (skating, puckhandling, passing, shot) in this draft, and his IQ issues are not any worse than guys like Kapanen or Kupari during their draft seasons, for example, and those players still warranted a pick in the early 20s. Would be fun to see him picked up by a team like Colorado or Tampa though.
Colorado won't draft 1st round this year.
They traded their 1st round pick to Arizona Coyotes.

These playoff teams draft 23rd overall / 29th overall range
so maybe one of these will take Lambert if he's available.
23 St Louis Blues
24 Minnesota Wild
25 Toronto Maple-Leafs
29 Edmonton Oilers
30 New York Rangers
31 Tampa Bay Lightning

Then there's 17th and 18th overall range and draft order is next
17 Nashville Predators
18 Dallas Stars

Maybe one of these teams is Brad's future NHL team.

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I sincerely hope Penguins do not pick him, he is one those cases where people think that maybe North America will change him, no. That kind of behavioural problems with the father who thinks he is Gretzky.
I think the key for Brad Lambert's NHL success is keep his psycho father Ross far away of his son.
But somehow i have a feeling that's easier said than done

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I think the key for Brad Lambert's NHL success is keep his psycho father Ross far away of his son.
But somehow i have a feeling that's easier said than done
Is his father that bad?

Seems like the label has gone from Overbearing to Meddling to Psycho, and that some are using his father as the boogeyman, and either completing dismissing Brad due to his father's issues, or attributing all of Brad's drawbacks to his father.

Reactions: Ippenator

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Finnish fans are the worst( a Finn here).

We either bury someone completely or overhype the hell out of someone.

But as an excuse I’ll say that just shows about our passion for the game.

Colorado won't draft 1st round this year.
They traded their 1st round pick to Arizona Coyotes.

These playoff teams draft 23rd overall / 29th overall range
so maybe one of these will take Lambert if he's available.
23 St Louis Blues
24 Minnesota Wild
25 Toronto Maple-Leafs
29 Edmonton Oilers
30 New York Rangers
31 Tampa Bay Lightning

Then there's 17th and 18th overall range and draft order is next
17 Nashville Predators
18 Dallas Stars

Maybe one of these teams is Brad's future NHL team.

Minnesota is a team that needs a home run type pick for C and Tampa would be just brilliant for his development.

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

I've been saying this all year. This kid has one of the highest floors in the draft because of his skating and puck carrying skills. If he's not able to produce offense at the NHL level, he can be converted into a more defensive player (the only question would be his desire to do so). Frolik is the model there.

It's weird because people talk about him like a boom or bust player, but I honestly see a little bit of the opposite. Speedy guys who can transport the puck are the new archetype for bottom 6 players. Colorado just won the cup in large part because their checking lines were composed of guys like Cogliano, Helm, O'Connor, Compher, Newhook, Aube Kubel etc. Lambert's skating would fit in perfectly with a group like this, and he's got pretty good size as well.

That's not to say he doesn't have upside. I think he's got the upside of a Barzal/Bratt type of player if it all works out. Give him 1-2 years in the AHL and I think he'll be ready.

He's gonna be a steal if he falls out of the top 10.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I've been saying this all year. This kid has one of the highest floors in the draft because of his skating and puck carrying skills. If he's not able to produce offense at the NHL level, he can be converted into a more defensive player (the only question would be his desire to do so). Frolik is the model there.

It's weird because people talk about him like a boom or bust player, but I honestly see a little bit of the opposite. Speedy guys who can transport the puck are the new archetype for bottom 6 players. Colorado just won the cup in large part because their checking lines were composed of guys like Cogliano, Helm, O'Connor, Compher, Newhook, Aube Kubel etc. Lambert's skating would fit in perfectly with a group like this, and he's got pretty good size as well.

That's not to say he doesn't have upside. I think he's got the upside of a Barzal/Bratt type of player if it all works out. Give him 1-2 years in the AHL and I think he'll be ready.

He's gonna be a steal if he falls out of the top 10.

He is going to fall I bet.

Kasper/Gauthier/Savoie/ Nazar& Geekie will push ahead of him.

I’d also be very surprised if Kemell gets taken after Lambert.

I wished Boston had a pick to take a chance on him

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He is going to fall I bet.

Kasper/Gauthier/Savoie/ Nazar& Geekie will push ahead of him.

I’d also be very surprised if Kemell gets taken after Lambert
I'm sure he will, unless he interviewed really well at the combine.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
His junior rights have been traded from Regina to Seattle I believe. I think playing some CHL hockey might be helpful for him.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I think a pretty good video about Lambert.

Some Notes:
- Bad offence, great in transition (duh)
- Most interesting thing to me was how much worse Lambert was with Pelicans compared to JYP
- Do agree that Lambert was bit unlucky and that of course affected his production a bit
- Does bring up Lambert holding on to the puck too long, which I think is his worst flaw
- LMAO at Pelicans' 5 man horizontal breakout
- Do also agree that Lambert should play with faster linemates and faster style of play, which is why he should
probably go to play in NA next season

*clip of Lambert making a nonsensical decision with the puck and throwing a terrible pass up the middle in the d-zone*

"- His teammates aren't helping him enough, they are the problem."

Nothing I've seen from Lambert really gives me much confidence. For a guy that's supposed to be all about skill and skating, he seems to skate himself into trouble far too often and make really dumb decisions to try and dangle players instead of making the simple plays. Even a lot of the clips that are supposed to show him doing good things are kind of questionable if you look past some of the flash of his skating.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I always find it amusing when random people on the internet "know" that this kids dad is a psycho and no team should draft him.

Unless there was actual footage posted online of his dad being a nutbar over the years, nobody knows shit. I wouldn't doubt if he pushes his kid hard and wants him to become a pro player real bad but that's what most parents do

Gotta love how easy it is to spread untrue rumors on here about prospects.

It reminds me of years ago when Barzal was younger and he was just goofing around in the dressing room having fun with his teammates and he tripped on a stick and messed his kneee up... then on this site apparently that meant he was a bad teammate, didn't care, goofed around too much and didn't even care about hockey

Last edited:

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I always find it amusing when random people on the internet "know" that this kids dad is a psycho and no team should draft him.

Unless there was actual footage posted online of his dad being a nutbar over the years, nobody knows shit. I wouldn't doubt if he pushes his kid hard and wants him to become a pro player real bad but that's what most parents do

It reminds me of years ago when Barzal was younger and he was just goofing around in the dressing room having fun with his teammates and he tripped on a stick and messed his kneee up... then on this site apparently that meant he was a bad teammate, didn't care, goofed around too much and didn't even care about hockey
It's just one poster (@ChicagoBullsFan) spreading misinformation.

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon

He's not necessarily a psycho, but he's the one pulling the strings behind Brad and the one who has burned a lot of bridges on the way. Finland is a small country and Lahti is not a big city so word passes around easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad