C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
It wasn't a great game for him overall. Calgary was playing most of it's regular season lineup and the lack of space had a noticeable impact on Lambert's game. He was mostly invisible and made a number of mistakes. He's not ready for the NHL at this point, nor does he need to be. IMO he needs 2 more years of development, assuming everything goes well.
How do you assess the number of years of development a player needs? How do you know the pace at which Lambert will develop?

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Seattle currently sit 3rd in CHL weekly rankings. If Lambert didn't make Winnipeg, an assignment to Seattle would make for a crazy junior team including Korchinski, Schaefer, etc...
Seattle's GM said last week in an interview that they don't expect to see Lambert in Seattle this year. He will most likely be going to the Moose.

Reactions: Bubbles

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I suspect he'll do well in the AHL but don't expect him to light it up. I do think he'll end up earning at least a few games in the NHL.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Good decision, even if he was the best player of the Jets during this pre-season, AHL would've been the right spot. Let him develop and redeem himself in the professional men's league and then to the NHL.

There are unicorns like Matthews and Laine who were absolutely dominant in the men's league during their draft season and then they were ready immediately. We can check the current star players in the NHL and see which ones were the impact players in the league right away, there are only a few.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
'Big Bad Brad'? Well, one thing I took away from that article is that its author truly is incapable of monitoring acceptable cringe levels in his writing.

"The Lahti Pelicans are not a strong squad, and despite their best efforts to employ the 'Flying V' (yes, this happened), developing another year in that system would likely lead to more frustration than success."

Like, come on dude.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
'Big Bad Brad'? Well, one thing I took away from that article is that its author truly is incapable of monitoring acceptable cringe levels in his writing.

"The Lahti Pelicans are not a strong squad, and despite their best efforts to employ the 'Flying V' (yes, this happened), developing another year in that system would likely lead to more frustration than success."

Like, come on dude.

i dont think I’ve read a Hockey News article in years. Lots of suspect journalists on there. Ken Campbell is the worst

Jukurit

May 16, 2022

Like, come on dude.
"Brad Lambert is not a strong player, and despite his best effort to play like ass most of the time, developing another year in that system would likely lead to more frustration than success."

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Like, come on dude.

You can tell how closely you're in tune with the situation when you're upset at the author for saying "Big Bad Brad" like he just pulled that nickname out of thin air :laugh:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
You can tell how closely you're in tune with the situation when you're upset at the author for saying "Big Bad Brad" like he just pulled that nickname out of thin air :laugh:
I don't care where he did get that nickname from, it's super cringy as the Brad in question is neither big, nor bad. He used it repeatedly as well. But now I understand he did it to appear very folksy and "in tune with the situation" to people like you. Which, judging from your avatar and location, was exactly his target audience.

I wouldn't be particularly surprised if you thought they consider Flying-V a legitimate hockey tactic in Finland either.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I don't care where he did get that nickname from, it's super cringy as the Brad in question is neither big, nor bad. He used it repeatedly as well. But now I understand he did it to appear very folksy and "in tune with the situation" to people like you. Which, judging from your avatar and location, was exactly his target audience.

I wouldn't be particularly surprised if you thought they consider Flying-V a legitimate hockey tactic in Finland either.
A. thats not his nickname
B. where do you stand on 6'5 guys that weigh 360 pounds that have "tiny" as a nickname. because they're not really tiny.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

"People are having fun and I'm upset about it"

Lahti definitely doesn't do a flying V, closer to a flying Line from what I've seen :laugh:

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com

Can’t believe Tony would write to connect with his audience. Shameful. Reprehensible even.

• Haha
Reactions: MardyBum

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
"Brad Lambert is not a strong player, and despite his best effort to play like ass most of the time, developing another year in that system would likely lead to more frustration than success."
The writer isn't wrong that playing in Liga is less than an ideal choice for a development league for young many offensive players.

• Haha
Reactions: Ippenator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad