C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
So how was Lambert in his first AHL game? 0 points and -3 doesn't seem very good, but I'd like to hear from someone who watched the game.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
So how was Lambert in his first AHL game? 0 points and -3 doesn't seem very good, but I'd like to hear from someone who watched the game.
He was somewhat invisible. He didn't stand out in a bad way, he just didn't touch the puck a lot either. The -3 is mainly on the goaltender, the Moose were up 3-0 in the third then Holm gave up 5 goals in ~10 shots, Lambert just happened to be on the ice for a couple of those goals. He was on the ice for the 3v3 overtime and had the puck a bit there, but didn't look as dangerous as he was in the Jets preseason games.

shotvalley

Jan 18, 2010
1st AHL game ever and he didn't score a point and had a -3? Bust.
He is at pace of zero points and -216 after one game so it doesn't look good. He reminds me of Yakupov lite but you never know these kids as they are voodoo. Does he have any intangibles to compensate?

• Haha
Reactions: Leafshater67

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
He got the 1st game of the 3 game road trip this past weekend off and played the final 2. His skating and skill is off the charts for this level. It is pretty clear they are working on the detail level of his game in the AHL like when he should and shouldn't be trying to make things happen.

The Moose are a deep and talented team this year so there is no need to really rush him along and play him way too much at this time in his development. My guess is he heads to the World juniors at Christmas along with fellow teammate Chaz Lucius and they come back to the AHL for the rest of the year

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
So far he's got a pretty decent stat line in the AHL with 2g 1a +2 in 4gp, despite not always playing on the team's top PP unit.

Nice play for the EN goal

Nice assist here using his speed:

That second clip (the secondary assist) is a good example of his strengths and weaknesses. On the plus side, his speed is apparent, and a problem for defenders. On the downside, instead of spreading out and making himself a good passing target, he basically just cuts off his teammate (Ville Heinola) and takes the puck from him. It worked out in this case, but it’s not an NHL play, and coaches will generally not like that - against NHL defenders it’s a real negative to collapse into the same space as your teammate in transition.

The EN goal was purely nice though, his skating makes him incredibly hard to handle in the open ice, very Barzal-esque.

Last edited:

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
That second clip (the secondary assist) is a good example of his strengths and weaknesses. On the plus side, his speed is apparent, and a problem for defenders. On the downside, instead of spreading out and making himself a good passing target, he basically just cuts off his teammate (Ville Heinola) and takes the puck from him. It worked out in this case, but it’s not an NHL play, and coaches will generally not like that - against NHL defenders it’s a real negative to collapse into the same space as your teammate in transition.

The EN goal was purely nice though, his skating makes him incredibly hard to handle in the open ice, very Barzal-esque.

That actually looked designed, or preconceived. He gave it right back to Heinola, almost instantly, who then had a clear lane to the net. Now maybe that doesn't work as well in the NHL. But I'm pretty sure Heinola knew what he was doing. Maybe they read one another well.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Fun to watch... just a gorgeous skater... I think he drives coaches crazy.

Impressive for an 19 year old to have 3 points in 4 games in the AHL.

People sometimes (not fans here of course) confuse how few teenagers have success in AHL. Look at his company:

1666658084125.png

That's it. He's in great company and Mesar is in OHL to my knowledge. I'll be in shock if all these guys don't make the NHL within 2 years (or earlier)

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula

People sometimes (not fans here of course) confuse how few teenagers have success in AHL. Look at his company:

View attachment 598408

That's it. He's in great company and Mesar is in OHL to my knowledge. I'll be in shock if all these guys don't make the NHL within 2 years (or earlier)
Sample size.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015

View attachment 598408

He's 18, turns 19 just before Christmas

Cisse

Jun 25, 2016
Forssa
It's really odd how much some fans want this kid to fail.
It is not that odd for Finnish hockey followers. Lambert has been hyped so much here for years and his dad has done everything possible to ruin the kids reputation that many fans have just got tired of following Brads career.
It has been like following some soap opera.
People tend to forget however the kid is still a kid. Now that he is more or less rid of his dad he can concentrate on learning things from NHL and he can achieve great things if he keeps his head straight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad